• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hmmn! I wonder if they’re trying to use that background check result to speed things up because of the backlog they’re dealing with. But that’s so long ago though. Alright, keep us posted.
Yes i will do that definitely, but they said they have applied that, does it mean they have used that fingerprint in my case already?

Yes i will do that definitely, but they said they have applied that, does it mean they have used that fingerprint in my case already?

I only know as much as you do right now, that’s why I asked you to keep us posted. I can’t give you a definite yes or no response.

Great! So no interview for you?

Hi ysim,

Yes, the interview was waived. Both uscis.dhs and My USCIS now show that the card is being produced. I have updated my timeline in the spreadsheet.

AOS application must be approved by Sept. 30th COB. The card can be issued after Sept. 30th, not a problem as long as the case is adjudicated, approved, and the corresponding visa number obtained by the IO on or before that date.

Mom, a question for you: Once the status changes to Card Is Being Produced does that mean that the case was adjudicated, approved, and the corresponding visa number obtained by the IO?

Thanks!

Hi ysim,

Yes, the interview was waived. Both uscis.dhs and My USCIS now show that the card is being produced. I have updated my timeline in the spreadsheet.

Mom, a question for you: Once the status changes to Card Is Being Produced does that mean that the case was adjudicated, approved, and the corresponding visa number obtained by the IO?

Thanks!

Yes.

Hi guys,
I just got a call from USCIS and they informed me that they scheduled my interview on Jul 22.
Also, they verified my address to send me an interview letter.

I asked about biometrics and they said that it should be done prior to the interview and they can't do it during the interview.
So, we agreed to follow up when they check if they can somehow schedule it before. ASC opens on Jul 20.
Thus, waiting for the IL and will see how it goes. In case I get updates about biometrics I'll let you know.
I'm kind of excited, but do understand that without biometrics this interview doesn't have much excitement since even if it takes place, the decision will not be made.

Hi guys,
I just got a call from USCIS and they informed me that they scheduled my interview on Jul 22.

I asked about biometrics and they said that it should be done prior to the interview and they can't do it during the interview.
So, we agreed to follow up when they check if they can somehow schedule it before. ASC opens on Jul 20.
Thus, waiting for the IL and will see how it goes. In case I get updates about biometrics I'll let you know.
I'm kind of excited, but do understand that without biometrics this interview doesn't have much excitement since even if it takes place, the decision will not be made.
Good luck! What is your FO location?

Hi everyone,

This morning I received a call from a kind lady who works for USCIS. She asked me if I was available to schedule my interview on July 22nd. She mentioned they would try to get me an IL in the mail but even if I don't get it in time I should still show up for my interview. She asked me to bring a pen with me and wear some sort of face covering. She also mentioned to bring any relevant documentation that would help my case.

When I asked her about my bio appointment, she said she will try to schedule it at the ASC before the interview.

I will update the spreadsheet and while I'm excited for the interview I understand that this is only half the battle.

Good luck to everyone else out there and please exercise patience!

Hey Mom!

I tried to do an e-Request today and it didn't let me because it says it's within regular posting times. What are the next steps I should do?

Reach out to your House of Rep for assistance with initiating a congressional case follow up request with USCIS.

Hi everyone,

This morning I received a call from a kind lady who works for USCIS. She asked me if I was available to schedule my interview on July 22nd. She mentioned they would try to get me an IL in the mail but even if I don't get it in time I should still show up for my interview. She asked me to bring a pen with me and wear some sort of face covering. She also mentioned to bring any relevant documentation that would help my case.

When I asked her about my bio appointment, she said she will try to schedule it at the ASC before the interview.

I will update the spreadsheet and while I'm excited for the interview I understand that this is only half the battle.

Good luck to everyone else out there and please exercise patience!

Update: Just got another call from USCIS and they scheduled my bio appointment an hour before my interview on the same day!

Hi guys,

Great news!
Good luck!!!
Please keep everyone posted!

Hi guys,

Please update the timeline spreadsheet.

@Sm1smom

I have three questions.
Could you please answer them?

1) My salary was reduced. Currently, it's 33% of what I was making in March.
Will it be OK if I print out the pay stubs as they are?
A colleague of mine is going through the AoS on an employment basis.
USCIS sent a similar RFE. They requested the most recent pay stubs.
The company paid 3 salaries as one payment, and he submitted the pay stubs with that information.
It was sufficient and he got an approval of I-120 or something like that
Would you recommend doing the same thing as he did?

2) I still cannot obtain a Tax Transcript. I requested it via mail. However, I haven't received anything.
Will it be OK if I show up at the interview with just a Tax Return and Payment confirmation from IRS as well as snapshots from IRS website about technical issues?

3) I haven't heard back from USCIS since June 15.
Would recommend sending an e-request or call them just to check-in?
OR it is better to be patient and wait until they reply?

Thank you.