• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi Giovanna,i have actually already filled out the form and have my school to birth certificates handy, just wanted to make sure i do not make mistake, but reading to everyone's responses i am probably being lill paranoid i think, i will just relax and wait for my case to be current so that i could mail out my package along with medicals and also try to atleast find someone to have a 2nd eye on my form giving me some time instead of paying flat chunk of fee.
Also, since you are on same status as mine, did you submit an affidivat of support, i believe i do not have one so i am worried abt this, although acc to recent update we might not need it for AOS, but just making sure with people on the same boat. And do you have any idea if we submit bank stmt, how much funds might we need to show on a recurring statement?
Thank you for your suggestions.
Yes, i have a sponsor for my affidavit because I don t work in the US, i just study.I was like you in the beginning, but then I read the experiences, i went over and over the spreadsheet and i really realized that this forum has everything. Lawyers want to make money and let you lose time. Pay the immigration fees, take pictures, and pay the civil surgeon. That s all you have to pay. There are gold advices also about the medical process.
P.s go in the forum 2019 AOS only and read the experiences.
P.s what s your case numb?

Yes, i have a sponsor for my affidavit because I don t work in the US, i just study.I was like you in the beginning, but then I read the experiences, i went over and over the spreadsheet and i really realized that this forum has everything. Lawyers want to make money and let you lose time. Pay the immigration fees, take pictures, and pay the civil surgeon. That s all you have to pay. There are gold advices also about the medical process.

Sure i am actually reading a lot of posts and experiences from 2019 AOS people, ther experiences and suggestions are very helpful too.
Oh ok that is good that you have sponsor, i will have to hunt one for me now.
I am AS39xx, how about you?

Sure i am actually reading a lot of posts and experiences from 2019 AOS people, ther experiences and suggestions are very helpful too.
Oh ok that is good that you have sponsor, i will have to hunt one for me now.
I am AS39xx, how about you?
Eu27xx

Oh my god your number will be current for coming month update which will be out probably Monday, if i am not wrong? Wish you all the best and do keep up posted and share your experiences. by the time mine will get current, yours will be already done.
Goodluck

Oh my god your number will be current for coming month update which will be out probably Monday, if i am not wrong? Wish you all the best and do keep up posted and share your experiences. by the time mine will get current, yours will be already done.
Goodluck
I hope so, thank you so much

@Sm1smom, I already bugged you few times. I have three queries. DV2020 EU29XXX. My eligibility is based on my wife's birth country. PhD. Status valid until 2024. F1 & F2, AOS.

1. My wife has conceived and we were wondering as our paperwork submission and interview might fall while she is on her second or third trimester do we need to keep in mind other relevant paperwork or interview questions?

2. The civil surgeon medical tests: given my wife's condition as we plan to do the test within the 60 days of the interview do you know anything we need to tell the civil surgeon or other relevant issues?

3. Do you know if we conduct most of the tests at our university hospital and then bring those to the civil surgeon then he/she would based on that would accept some of those and do only the ones he feels required? It would lessen the cost for us a lot. Like all of our vaccination is already done and I have official copy.

Thanks you again so much in advance.

@Giovanna. First congratulation. I am interested about which particular forum is for the "gold advices" about the medical process? It would really help because my wife is will be on her second trimester by the interview time and we want to use our university hospital for most processes and then visit the civil surgeon. Let me know if I can message you.

@Sm1smom, I already bugged you few times. I have three queries. DV2020 EU29XXX. My eligibility is based on my wife's birth country. PhD. Status valid until 2024. F1 & F2, AOS.

1. My wife has conceived and we were wondering as our paperwork submission and interview might fall while she is on her second or third trimester do we need to keep in mind other relevant paperwork or interview questions?

2. The civil surgeon medical tests: given my wife's condition as we plan to do the test within the 60 days of the interview do you know anything we need to tell the civil surgeon or other relevant issues?

3. Do you know if we conduct most of the tests at our university hospital and then bring those to the civil surgeon then he/she would based on that would accept some of those and do only the ones he feels required? It would lessen the cost for us a lot. Like all of our vaccination is already done and I have official copy.

Thanks you again so much in advance.

1. Pregnant or not, paperwork or interview experience will be the same.

2. Disclose the pregnancy to the CS.

3. Yes you can present your vaccination record to your CS to help reduce your cost. This is also discussed on the AOS process spreadsheet under the medical section - you should really spend some quality time reviewing that spreadsheet.

@Giovanna. First congratulation. I am interested about which particular forum is for the "gold advices" about the medical process? It would really help because my wife is will be on her second trimester by the interview time and we want to use our university hospital for most processes and then visit the civil surgeon. Let me know if I can message you.

The AOS process spreadsheet certainly contains some “gold advices about the medical process”

Hi,
I am curious, is laminated birth certificate is acceptable or need to get new one??

A laminated document hasn’t been reported as an issue for for DV based AOS process. Just make sure the BC you have is the long form version.

Not sure if i am asking a silly question, but when i called KCC they mentioned that AOS do not receive/ need 2NL,
I havent received anything yet? not even sure if i will even be receiving anything since i have not submitted DS260.
am i missing out on something here?

Not sure if i am asking a silly question, but when i called KCC they mentioned that AOS do not receive/ need 2NL,
I havent received anything yet? not even sure if i will even be receiving anything since i have not submitted DS260.
am i missing out on something here?

KCC can’t send you a 2NL if you’re yet to submit your DS260 form, they have no way of knowing your processing plan. Except of course if you’ve already made the DV administrative fee payment in which case KCC may still send you the 2NL without the DS260 form submission.

Couple of things regarding the 2NL though:
1. 2NL for AOSers is different from the 2NL for CPers
2. The response you received is KCC’s standard response to AOSers calling them to inquire about 2NL.

KCC can’t send you a 2NL if you’re yet to submit your DS260 form, they have no way of knowing your processing plan. Except of course if you’ve already made the DV administrative fee payment in which case KCC may still send you the 2NL without the DS260 form submission.

Couple of things regarding the 2NL though:
1. 2NL for AOSers is different from the 2NL for CPers
2. The response you received is KCC’s standard response to AOSers calling them to inquire about 2NL.

Thank you Sm1smom for the information,
1. I just made my DV fee payment yesterday, so maybe i should hope to receive 2NL in about a month? am i right?.
2. I am kind of running late here since i though the case number for my country Nepal wont be so high for November VB, I am 39xx, probably will be current for the month of December, in this case do you think i should do my medicals now or its better to wait until i receive my receipt and for the 1st week of October?
3. Do you thinks its ok if i do not receive 2NL, or is it mandatory to have one to submit AOS package (asked this is to put my docs ready for my AOS package for coming months)?

Thank you Sm1smom for the information,
1. I just made my DV fee payment yesterday, so maybe i should hope to receive 2NL in about a month? am i right?.
2. I am kind of running late here since i though the case number for my country Nepal wont be so high for November VB, I am 39xx, probably will be current for the month of December, in this case do you think i should do my medicals now or its better to wait until i receive my receipt and for the 1st week of October?
3. Do you thinks its ok if i do not receive 2NL, or is it mandatory to have one to submit AOS package (asked this is to put my docs ready for my AOS package for coming months)?

1. Possibly.
2. Running late? When the first month of the FY is still a couple of weeks away, how can you be running late? Relax! S.L.O.W down! Go through the AOS process spreadsheet and understand the process first - doing so will do you a world of good IMO. Medical exam cannot be older than two months as at the time USCIS officially accepts your AOS package - so use that information to determine the best time to do the AOS medical exam.
3. Not having the 2NL included with the AOS package is not a show spoiler.

1. Possibly.
2. Running late? When the first month of the FY is still a couple of weeks away, how can you be running late? Relax! S.L.O.W down! Go through the AOS process spreadsheet and understand the process first - doing so will do you a world of good IMO. Medical exam cannot be older than two months as at the time USCIS officially accepts your AOS package - so use that information to determine the best time to do the AOS medical exam.
3. Not having the 2NL included with the AOS package is not a show spoiler.

honestly the spreadsheet is of great help, i am spending a lot time in getting to understand the process and thank you so much for providing detailed info on that.
sure in this case i will wait to do my medicals for at least 1 more month so that i do not mess up with 2 month timeline.
oh ok that's great, coz i was worried because i just made my DV fee payment so i thought i did make my payment little late.

Thank you for your prompt responses.

Hello,

I really appreciate it if you could help me with finding an answer to my question. I have surfed the Net a lot and have talked to the office of international affairs at my university and some immigration attorneys about consequences of I-485 rejection. No one gives a clear answer.

If my I-485 is rejected while I have maintained my F-1 status can I still transfer my SEVIS records from master's program to PhD program?

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was selected for the DV2020, and my case number is fairly good. I guess my number will be current around Feb. A few days ago I filled out my DS260 and 2 days after submission I received an email from KCC with the title of "2020ASXXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter letter" which had two attachments, one about informing that I plan to apply for AOS with USCIS, and the other one information about how to pay DOS fee along with the form to send them with money. I read the whole google sheet multiple times, but now I am a bit confused.

1. What is 1NL? I never received any letter mailed to me. Is this the letter of confirmation when I checked I was selected?
2. What is exactly 2NL? Is this the recent email I received from KCC after submitting my DS260?

Thanks