• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was selected for the DV2020, and my case number is fairly good. I guess my number will be current around Feb. A few days ago I filled out my DS260 and 2 days after submission I received an email from KCC with the title of "2020ASXXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter letter" which had two attachments, one about informing that I plan to apply for AOS with USCIS, and the other one information about how to pay DOS fee along with the form to send them with money. I read the whole google sheet multiple times, but now I am a bit confused.

1. What is 1NL? I never received any letter mailed to me. Is this the letter of confirmation when I checked I was selected?
2. What is exactly 2NL? Is this the recent email I received from KCC after submitting my DS260?

Thanks
1. Yes. 1NL is the "You have been randomly selected for further processing" page. Just print it to pdf for you records
2. Yes. The first pdf you mention that's attached is the 2NL for AOS purposes.

Hello! I have been trying to find an answer to this but I still cannot... I got an email with this PDF attachment right after I sent out my DS260 and push the “email confirmation” bottom. I’m wondering if this is how a 2NL for AOS looks like or not really and I still have to wait?9BFB84FF-CC2B-4D58-BC5C-04306F54E2FE.jpeg
Thanks so much for helping me...

Hello! I have been trying to find an answer to this but I still cannot... I got an email with this PDF attachment right after I sent out my DS260 and push the “email confirmation” bottom. I’m wondering if this is how a 2NL for AOS looks like or not really and I still have to wait?View attachment 1270
Thanks so much for helping me...

No, that is not the 2NL. See the post directly above yours for discussion on what an AOSers 2NL is.

Hi all,
I’ve been trying to submit my DS260. I’ve successfully completed and reviewed it. However, when it comes to the last page of the electronic signature, the application won’t proceed anymore. I keep putting my KCC Case Number and the passport number then I hit the E-sign button but no avail. It keeps showing me the same page although there is no errors with the aforementioned information. I signed out and in couple of times but no avail as well. Does anyone encounter this before?!

Thank you all for your help!

Hi all,
I’ve been trying to submit my DS260. I’ve successfully completed and reviewed it. However, when it comes to the last page of the electronic signature, the application won’t proceed anymore. I keep putting my KCC Case Number and the passport number then I hit the E-sign button but no avail. It keeps showing me the same page although there is no errors with the aforementioned information. I signed out and in couple of times but no avail as well. Does anyone encounter this before?!

Thank you all for your help!
Leave the middle zeroes out of your case number.

Hi there. Thank you for the helpful info.
I have L1A status and case number 2020OC000014xx . It feels like my case number is maybe 6 or 7 months off being "current" (the October 2020 visa bulletin says 400 for November for Oceania). Do I need to do anything in the interim? Cheers.

No, that is not the 2NL. See the post directly above yours for discussion on what an AOSers 2NL is.
Thank you so much for replying me!! I also have this question that I forgot to include my A-number in my DS260 (…because I didn’t realize the number on my EAD card is A number...) I will include them in my i485 though. Do you suggest me to reopen my DS260 to correct it and will it cause any delay on my AOS case? My DV case number will become current in November...

Hi there. Thank you for the helpful info.
I have L1A status and case number 2020OC000014xx . It feels like my case number is maybe 6 or 7 months off being "current" (the October 2020 visa bulletin says 400 for November for Oceania). Do I need to do anything in the interim? Cheers.

Spend some time going through the AOS process spreadsheet.

Thank you so much for replying me!! I also have this question that I forgot to include my A-number in my DS260 (…because I didn’t realize the number on my EAD card is A number...) I will include them in my i485 though. Do you suggest me to reopen my DS260 to correct it and will it cause any delay on my AOS case? My DV case number will become current in November...

Not a big deal. No need to unlock the DS260 for that.

Hello everyone,

I am new to the blog, I have one question I won DV 2020 I am currently in the US on pending asylum I wanted to do an AOS and I submitted my DS-260 a month ago but never received any e-mail from KCC. I was expecting an email within 2 or 3 weeks as many of you had received, something is wrong with my case? should I contact KCC?
thank you so much guys!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the blog, I have one question I won DV 2020 I am currently in the US on pending asylum I wanted to do an AOS and I submitted my DS-260 a month ago but never received any e-mail from KCC. I was expecting an email within 2 or 3 weeks as many of you had received, something is wrong with my case? should I contact KCC?
thank you so much guys!

There’s nothing wrong with your case and there’s no need to contact KCC for the 2NL, it will show up eventually.

A couple of questions for you though:
1. What status were you in before you filed for asylum?
2. Where you still in status when you filed for asylum? Are you still maintaining that status?

Hi Mom thanks for the answer, I come here with B1/B2 Visa, I filled my asylum case before one year of my arrival in the US. I was issued a 6 months Visa at my entry but I applied 8 months after my arrival, which means I was 2 months without a Visa(but at that time I have been told by my lawyer that Its ok, I just have to apply withn one year of my arrival). Now my case is pending asylum wating for interview and I have a valid employment authorization. Do you think the fact I had been 2 months without a Visa can ruin my case? I pray that not gonna happen btw I came in the USA on April 2015

Thank you so much guys

Hi Mom thanks for the answer, I come here with B1/B2 Visa, I filled my asylum case before one year of my arrival in the US. I was issued a 6 months Visa at my entry but I applied 8 months after my arrival, which means I was 2 months without a Visa(but at that time I have been told by my lawyer that Its ok, I just have to apply withn one year of my arrival). Now my case is pending asylum wating for interview and I have a valid employment authorization. Do you think the fact I had been 2 months without a Visa can ruin my case? I pray that not gonna happen btw I came in the USA on April 2015

Thank you so much guys

Unfortunately, being out of status for two months means you’re not eligible to process your DV selection via AOS. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, your DV based AOS petition will be denied.

Really?? Are you 100% sure?? But in ur AOS package u or whoever wrote it. It says you have to be illegally present in the US to be denied, which is not in my case I was just out of status and now I am legal, I hv work authorization, I pay my taxes and everything!.....do u know anyone that had similar situation of mine and make AOS or get denied???

Also what should I do cus it means the world to me???

Thank you

I'll leave Mom to answer on the reasons why but I would encourage you to read the 2019 AOS thread, several members with Asylum status were denied

Really?? Are you 100% sure?? But in ur AOS package u or whoever wrote it. It says you have to be illegally present in the US to be denied, which is not in my case I was just out of status and now I am legal, I hv work authorization, I pay my taxes and everything!.....do u know anyone that had similar situation of mine and make AOS or get denied???

Thank you

If you have ever been out of status since entering you are ineligible for AOS on most bases, including DV (asylum is one of the exceptions, which is why your lawyer said it would be ok - he clearly wasn’t thinking about the prospects of winning DV when he said that). You can look through past reports here to confirm that others in your position have been denied. I think there are a couple in the past month or so even.
Your option is to continue with your asylum processing.

Thank you

This is precisely what the AOS process spreadsheet written by me “or whoever wrote it” says:

Am I Eligible to Process AOS?
You are eligible if:
1. You are physically present in the United States as at the time of confirming your DV selection (legally residing in the US on a NIV or some other legal status as at the time of DV selection),
2. You were inspected when you entered the US (you came into the country legally),
3. You have never violated your admitted status - e.g. by undertaking unauthorized employment
4. You're not currently out of status.

So yes, I am 100% sure you’re not eligible for AOS because Number 3 above applies to you - you violated the terms of your authorized stay during those two months you were out of status.

Right now, you’re technically speaking not in a “legal status” - you are in a “pending status” which is recognized by the law until your asylum case is adjudicated.

You can speak with an immigration lawyer to confirm what I am saying here if you like.