• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Thanks! It's been 10 days and I'm waiting I had tracking number for return too so whenever USPS receives I would know through tracking number. Hoping USPS pickup this Friday

My check was cleared on the 3rd day of the mail delivery but had no signs of receiving the return receipt so had to call KCC and guess what I got my 2nd NL the day after and received the mail a 10days later. But I waited 2 weeks before making the call since the DOS page mentions standard wait time of 2-3 weeks to get responses.

My brother just received his interview letter today, for the 15th of January. I've updated the timeline with all the info.
woo woo ,,, i was waiting for this.
this would prob be the 1st interview scheduled from this thread for 2020 AOS. Keep us posted and wish your brother all the very best from us all.

Hey Mom, I was just wondering how does the biometrics walk-in thing work? We received our biometrics letter today scheduled for the 30th of December and we are thinking to walk in sometime next week. Do we call and ask to come early? Or just show up a few days before our scheduled bio appointment? Thank you!

Hey Mom, I was just wondering how does the biometrics walk-in thing work? We received our biometrics letter today scheduled for the 30th of December and we are thinking to walk in sometime next week. Do we call and ask to come early? Or just show up a few days before our scheduled bio appointment? Thank you!
Also maybe you would recommend when is the best time to walk in, etc?

I went early morning and they did not allow me. They told that walk in is between 12 30/3pm and it worked

If one has to call in advance, that’s no longer a “walk-in” right? A “walk-in” is precisely what the name is, visiting the ASC outside of your appointment day/time and hope they will be receptive and allow you to do the bio.

Hello all,
I a dv2020 winner with a high case number around 30000 from Asia region. I have already received two email from KCC asked to submit the supporting document (already submitted) and email regarding AOS application which contains two attachments (AOS letter with DOS fee pay). Briefly, I came to the US with J1 visa and then applied for Asylum which is still pending (applied for asylum before 1 year of my stay here and my visa was valid fro another 1 year, never voilated my staying in the USA). My questions are; after this point, i know i have to wait until my number become current, beside this I want to ask you all if i should go and prepare all the necessary documents required fro AOS application including paying fees, doing medical exam and etc.. or have to wait until my number become current ant then go to process them? What would your recommendation. I highly appreciate them. THanks in advance

Hello all,
I a dv2020 winner with a high case number around 30000 from Asia region. I have already received two email from KCC asked to submit the supporting document (already submitted) and email regarding AOS application which contains two attachments (AOS letter with DOS fee pay). Briefly, I came to the US with J1 visa and then applied for Asylum which is still pending (applied for asylum before 1 year of my stay here and my visa was valid fro another 1 year, never voilated my staying in the USA). My questions are; after this point, i know i have to wait until my number become current, beside this I want to ask you all if i should go and prepare all the necessary documents required fro AOS application including paying fees, doing medical exam and etc.. or have to wait until my number become current ant then go to process them? What would your recommendation. I highly appreciate them. THanks in advance

Start be going through the AOS process spreadsheet - http://goo.gl/0va2DU - to help you better understand the process involved. Then post specific follow up questions you may still have after carefully going through the spreadsheet (there are several tabs on the spreadsheet which you need to make sure you look at).

Regarding Medical Exam; its saying the form should be signed no earlier than 60 days prior application, since my case number is high and it will probably become current no earlier than august or September, in such case, do you think i have to wait at least till June/July to do the medical exam or i can do the exam now and get the form signed by doctor around June or July? its really confusing. Appreciate your input.

Regarding Medical Exam; its saying the form should be signed no earlier than 60 days prior application, since my case number is high and it will probably become current no earlier than august or September, in such case, do you think i have to wait at least till June/July to do the medical exam or i can do the exam now and get the form signed by doctor around June or July? its really confusing. Appreciate your input.

Only an unscrupulous doctor will be wiling to conduct a medical exam now and wait several months before completing and signing off on the medical report, I doubt you’ll find one as such.

What would be the advantage in doing that, even if you could find a doctor that would agree? I don’t understand the rationale?

What would be the advantage in doing that, even if you could find a doctor that would agree? I don’t understand the rationale?
My bad, i thought the form and medical exam results are different. Later i checked found that actually the form was the result that would be filled in by doctor at the time that the exam is done. However i got the point and have to wait until my number get closer to be current. Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Mom,

How much of a "buffer" do I need between the end of my i-20 and the interview date? By looking at timelines from previous years at my FO with my expected current month, the month that I would probably have my interview is June/July. However, my i-20 will expire in August.

1. Would my status ending in less than a month be a problem during the interview?

2. If so, would it be better to apply for an OPT (which I would have to do after starting the AOS process)?

Hello Mom,

How much of a "buffer" do I need between the end of my i-20 and the interview date? By looking at timelines from previous years at my FO with my expected current month, the month that I would probably have my interview is June/July. However, my i-20 will expire in August.

1. Would my status ending in less than a month be a problem during the interview?

2. If so, would it be better to apply for an OPT (which I would have to do after starting the AOS process)?

Not sure what you mean by “how much of a buffer”, but this much I can tell you - Having and maintaining a valid status throughout the process is highly encouraged as it enables one to have a fall back status should in case the AOS petition gets denied for any reason. If your non-immigrant current status expires while waiting for AOS interview, you automatically roll into what is known as adjustment pending which is also a valid status for as long as the AOS petition is pending.

My bad, i thought the form and medical exam results are different. Later i checked found that actually the form was the result that would be filled in by doctor at the time that the exam is done. However i got the point and have to wait until my number get closer to be current. Thanks
Hello Ms Mom,
I just noticed, that i lost my old passport with which i did my entry to the US it had my visa and everything. I have the copy of visa along its biographic picturs. i have been searching since last night but couldn't find it. Do you think that make problem during interview? i have my new passport with me. What should I do if it is required to present them the original one? thanks

Last edited:
Hello Ms Mom,
I just noticed, that i lost my old passport with which i did my entry to the US it had my visa and everything. I have the copy of visa along its biographic picturs. i have been searching since last night but couldn't find it. Do you think that make problem during interview? i have my new passport with me. What should I do if it is required to present them the original one? thanks

You’ll just have to explain to the IO you’ve lost the passport if the original copy is requested to be presented, and hope for the best. Nothing else you can do outside of that.

You’ll just have to explain to the IO you’ve lost the passport if the original copy is requested to be presented, and hope for the best. Nothing else you can do outside of that.
Yes reasonable. however i was thinking if it would be better (idk if it s possible) to get an official report from the police department in my area or the security of the building where i think my passport got lost at? what would be your recommendation? Just to be on safe side. Sorry for asking multiple qs. Appreciate it.