• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Good evening @Sm1smom
I was looking at the timeline spreadsheet and I saw only one winner (2016) in Hartford, Connecticut, which is my field office. One week ago, the processing time for my FO was between 10 and 18 months. I checked now and the time range is between 9.5 to 21.5 months. . The guy that got the interview in Hartford had to ask 4 infopass in order to get an interview letter. My F1 visa will expire in July but my I 20 will expire in December.
1) if i don t get an interview letter by February, should I ask an infopass?
2)looking at the past experience, my FO could be slow as well?
3) I did the biometric on December 4th and since then I read "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken". Is a background check the reason why the interview will take time to be scheduled?

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and all the people in this forum

Good evening @Sm1smom
I was looking at the timeline spreadsheet and I saw only one winner (2016) in Hartford, Connecticut, which is my field office. One week ago, the processing time for my FO was between 10 and 18 months. I checked now and the time range is between 9.5 to 21.5 months. . The guy that got the interview in Hartford had to ask 4 infopass in order to get an interview letter. My F1 visa will expire in July but my I 20 will expire in December.
3) I did the biometric on December 4th and since then I read "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken". Is a background check the reason why the interview will take time to be scheduled?

Processing time for diversity cases have nothing to do with other immigration categories. Since all diversity lottery cases have to be adjudicated within one-year time frame they have kind of special processing and in this regard they are treated differently and are given priority.

Processing time for diversity cases have nothing to do with other immigration categories. Since all diversity lottery cases have to be adjudicated within one-year time frame they have kind of special processing and in this regard they are treated differently and are given priority.
Yes, i know but i see 1 case for Hartford ct, and he asked 4 infopass. I am wondering if i a delay can happen to me

Good evening @Sm1smom

There’s a more recent update, DV2019 timeline spreadsheet has one listed Hartford, CT - that person’s processing took less than the 2016 case.

1. You can try, but I don’t you’ll be able to book one. I don’t think any of the FO’s still allow INFOPASS scheduling online.
2. Depends on the FO’s current work load.
3. Could be based on pending background check completion. Could be based on the FO’s workload. Hard to tell at this point and it’s rather early to start getting stressed or worried about the interview letter anyway.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Hello @Sm1smom

I am on F1 visa and won 2020 DV lottery. I have a high CN (over 50,000). My CN may be current in May or June 2020. I am worried that USCIS may delay the process untill Sep 30 and then I lose the chance. Does the USCIS specially handles the DV based AOS cases due to the time frame restriction ? or they handle it the same as any other AOS category ?
Thanks in advance

Ahmed

Hello @Sm1smom

I am on F1 visa and won 2020 DV lottery. I have a high CN (over 50,000). My CN may be current in May or June 2020. I am worried that USCIS may delay the process untill Sep 30 and then I lose the chance. Does the USCIS specially handles the DV based AOS cases due to the time frame restriction ? or they handle it the same as any other AOS category ?
Thanks in advance

Ahmed

USCIS prioritizes DV based AOS petitions over all other AOS petitions - USCIS is aware of DV based AOS petition being time limited.

Hi Sm1smom,

I am the winner of dv2020 living in the USA on F1, and I am currently on OPT, and my opt EAD will expire on June 19. As currently keeping an eye on Visa bulletin, it looks like my number goes current on March. I have fill out my DS260 but have not submitted yet. I am just wondering if you could help me with my few query.

1) Once I submitted my DS260, will this impact while i will file for my opt renewal ? or my opt renewal get only impacted after filing a I485 ?

2) Is there a any chances that my interview get scheduled before June if I file AOS on March ?

You suggestion and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Hi Sm1smom,

I am the winner of dv2020 living in the USA on F1, and I am currently on OPT, and my opt EAD will expire on June 19. As currently keeping an eye on Visa bulletin, it looks like my number goes current on March. I have fill out my DS260 but have not submitted yet. I am just wondering if you could help me with my few query.

1) Once I submitted my DS260, will this impact while i will file for my opt renewal ? or my opt renewal get only impacted after filing a I485 ?

2) Is there a any chances that my interview get scheduled before June if I file AOS on March ?

You suggestion and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

1. DS260 submission shouldn’t impact OPT renewal. I-485 submission may impact it.

2. I can’t predict, I don’t even know your FO to start with. Factors such as background check clearance, your FO’s workload, your FO’s practice as related to DV based AOS petitions (some FOs prefer to wait towards the end of the FY before scheduling DV based AOS interviews) determines when your interview gets scheduled.

Figure out your FO, then use the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long it typically takes your FO to process DV based AOS petitions.

Hello All,
What does Adjustment based on immigration and Nationality act (INA) section 245(i) refer? I am confused by note written in form I 485 (page 2 part 2 question no 2). Any suggestion will be great help.

Hello,
I have a technical question. I am chargeable to Iran and will be filing my AOS in the near future. I have served in mandatory military service for 21 months back in Iran. There are three military organizations people serve their mandatory military service in. One of them is I.R.G.C. that U.S. designated as a terror organization a few months ago. Since then U.S. officials have become so suspicious about Iranian people having served in military service and they want to make sure they are not related to this organization. I have not served in this organization though.

1- I am wondering if I can include in I-485 package my 'Compulsory Military Service Completion Card' along with a further strong proof showing that I have not served in I.R.G.C.? Compulsory Military Service Completion Card in itself may not show which organization one has done his military service.
The reason for including it in my AOS package is that my background check may continue after my interview if they will only get to see my military service documents at the time of the interview.

2- Is including unsolicited documents in AOS package a ground for I-485 denial?

Thank you in advance

Hello,
I have a technical question. I am chargeable to Iran and will be filing my AOS in the near future. I have served in mandatory military service for 21 months back in Iran. There are three military organizations people serve their mandatory military service in. One of them is I.R.G.C. that U.S. designated as a terror organization a few months ago. Since then U.S. officials have become so suspicious about Iranian people having served in military service and they want to make sure they are not related to this organization. I have not served in this organization though.

1- I am wondering if I can include in I-485 package my 'Compulsory Military Service Completion Card' along with a further strong proof showing that I have not served in I.R.G.C.? Compulsory Military Service Completion Card in itself may not show which organization one has done his military service.
The reason for including it in my AOS package is that my background check may continue after my interview if they will only get to see my military service documents at the time of the interview.

2- Is including unsolicited documents in AOS package a ground for I-485 denial?

Thank you in advance

1. No harm in sending that, but you may still be flagged for background checks that can take a long time.
2. No.

Please, at what point/time is one expected to fill and submit the Ds260 form after selected ?

You should be posting your questions on the Ghanaian thread or the general 2020 all selectees’ thread. AOS thread is reserved for selectees processing AOS, it is not for posting general questions.

Hi, my high school diploma, college and bachelor degrees are from another country. I also hold a Certificate, MS and MBA degrees in the USA.
When I applied to the US schools I used WES verification of my diplomas from another country. Do I need to send WES verification to the Department of State or just translation would be enough?

Hi, my high school diploma, college and bachelor degrees are from another country. I also hold a Certificate, MS and MBA degrees in the USA.
When I applied to the US schools I used WES verification of my diplomas from another country. Do I need to send WES verification to the Department of State or just translation would be enough?

WES verification not required. Actual diploma and applicable certified translation is all you need.

Hi all, what should we fill in Part 2 question 3 for i485 ? Information about your immigrant category ? receipt number of underlying petition if any ? thanks