• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello. I also interviewed at San Francisco FO in 3/2020 and case status has been the same since then. Please update us when your case gets approved.

Where you able to contact USCIS regarding the case decision? I see in your timeline that you had the biometrics done in January so you should have received an answer by now. Have you checked the online case status?

Dear Mom,

I hope your'e doing well!

I received a letter from USCIS local FO today and it’s a G-56 call in notice. It said that ‘for biometric’. The location it asked me to go is the Field office, NOT ASC. Just would like to know if I can ask the officer about interview? I mean, may I ask the officer politely if I can do interview soon or even in the same day? Thank you very much!

Dear Mom,

I hope your'e doing well!

I received a letter from USCIS local FO today and it’s a G-56 call in notice. It said that ‘for biometric’. The location it asked me to go is the Field office, NOT ASC. Just would like to know if I can ask the officer about interview? I mean, may I ask the officer politely if I can do interview soon or even in the same day? Thank you very much!

The people conducting the biometrics (even inside the FO buildings) do not have oversight over applications, they are not equipped to conduct interviews or adjudicate cases. Of course you can ask if they see anything about your case in the system though

We just attended our code 2 biometrics appointment. We mentioned to the officer that we would require a code 3 because we filed 485. They mentioned that they are aware of an error that occurred when scheduling some 485 that caused a code 2 to be printed. In an email that they received, it says that when they scan a barcode it should show code 3. However, that was not the case. Our appointment still showed up as code 2 in their system. They are also not able to manually change it because the system won’t let them. The officer then spoke to his supervisor about our situation. The supervisor suggested doing a code 1 + code 2 for me and he’ll do something on the backend to combine both of them. While I was doing my bio, the supervisor rescheduled my husband’s appointment with code 3, which was scheduled at a later date but completed today. I asked them whether it was necessary for me to get a code 3 as well. The supervisor reassured me that everything will be fine.

So in summary, I did a code 1+2. My husband did code 3.

To anyone who is scheduled with code 2 and their system doesn’t allow you to do a code 3, make sure to speak to the supervisor during the appointment. See if they can reschedule you for code 3. It’ll show a different date, but you’ll complete the code 3 biometrics on the same day. The purpose of rescheduling is so that when they scan the barcode, the system will allow you to do code 3. Hope that helps!
WOWWW I JUST GOT NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED!!! Just a day after my bio and no interview!!!

Guys, don’t give up just yet! I really hope to see everyone get their GC soon! Just when I thought my FO has abandoned me (I filed expedite request and they seemed to ignore it), turns out they were waiting for my bio and were ready to approve me immediately!

And @Sm1smom no words can express the gratitude I feel for your endless advice. Particularly, thank you for telling us to extend our current non immigrant status before AOS whenever possible. I almost wanted to apply AOS before OPT and I’m glad I did it the other way because having a valid status kept me sane throughout this process. And to everyone on this forum, thank you for sharing your experiences because it definitely helps a lot! Good luck to everyone else waiting for their GC!

WOWWW I JUST GOT NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED!!! Just a day after my bio and no interview!!!

Guys, don’t give up just yet! I really hope to see everyone get their GC soon! Just when I thought my FO has abandoned me (I filed expedite request and they seemed to ignore it), turns out they were waiting for my bio and were ready to approve me immediately!

And @Sm1smom no words can express the gratitude I feel for your endless advice. Particularly, thank you for telling us to extend our current non immigrant status before AOS whenever possible. I almost wanted to apply AOS before OPT and I’m glad I did it the other way because having a valid status kept me sane throughout this process. And to everyone on this forum, thank you for sharing your experiences because it definitely helps a lot! Good luck to everyone else waiting for their GC!

Oh wow. Awesome news to start the day. One of those rare cases - approval without an interview. Congratulations and thank you for expressing your appreciation for the guidance received.

@suemen Congrats! What are the statuses prior to the "New Card Being Produced" status in your my.uscis?
There’s no status change in my.uscis. My status there still shows “Case was received”. The status that’s change is here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/.
It went from “Fingerprint fée received” to “Fingerprints were applied” to “New card produced“

Hi Mom,

We did our biometrics by walk in once the ASC is opened, however we have got biometrics letter for 10th of August. I just want to make sure that do we still need to show up there, or simply can we skip this letter?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Mom,

We did our biometrics by walk in once the ASC is opened, however we have got biometrics letter for 10th of August. I just want to make sure that do we still need to show up there, or simply can we skip this letter?

Thanks in advance,

Don’t skip. Attend the bio as scheduled, they will let you know when you get there if the new bio is not necessary.

so just a clarification:
The public charge is not applied for the moment is New York, Vermont and Connecticut.
Is that right or I misunderstand?

so just a clarification:
The public charge is not applied for the moment is New York, Vermont and Connecticut.
Is that right or I misunderstand?
It is not completely cancelled for this regions, you are still the subject of public charge, the only difference is that the public charge rule of 1999 will be applied not the one of 2020. That means that i-944 is not required to assess your case and if you used Medicaid and public benefits since February, FO should not take this into consideration. You still need to prove you will not be a public charge now or in future.

This is my understanding. @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Hi all I had my interview on July 31,2020 at Las Vegas. The interview was quite simple the officer asked me for my license and passport and the did make copies of those. At start he asked if any questions for interview and I told him I have couple of mistakes in my i485 and he told we'll look later. Then he asked my name, dob, ssn and then went through 25-30 yes no questions. And almost done with interview he asked where do I work and what is my responsibility and which status I'm working on. Told him on F1-OPT and he asked for EAD and I gave him EAD and told that it is expired and recently I filed STEM and right now working as per receipt and my i20. And when he saw other EAD from my file he asked what is that EAD for then I told him this is the one with Advanced Parole which I've not used. And at last he asked if Nepal issue directly birth certificate in English and I told him now a days they issue directly in ENglish. And then we made corrections on i485 and he asked me to sign. He started doing some work on his computer for around 15 mins and told me that the visa number for July for Nepal is currently not available. He will approve once August allocation is done and told me that he don't see any problems with my file. And yesterday August 4 my status was changed to "New Card is Being Produced". Thank you all and good luck to all of us who are waiting for interview and bio.

The people conducting the biometrics (even inside the FO buildings) do not have oversight over applications, they are not equipped to conduct interviews or adjudicate cases. Of course you can ask if they see anything about your case in the system though

Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for your reply! I have a further update and hope you can give me any suggestions.
I just got Bio letter from NBC.

(1) Should I also come to the ASC even I finished the Bio in the FO? (The date for bio in FO is earlier than the date in ASC)

(2) When I do my Bio in FO Should I tell FO I also got Bio letter from NBC?

(3) Is there anything I need to take it seriously for this special situation?

Thank you very much again for your help!

Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for your reply! I have a further update and hope you can give me any suggestions.
I just got Bio letter from NBC.

(1) Should I also come to the ASC even I finished the Bio in the FO? (The date for bio in FO is earlier than the date in ASC)

(2) When I do my Bio in FO Should I tell FO I also got Bio letter from NBC?

(3) Is there anything I need to take it seriously for this special situation?

Thank you very much again for your help!

Are they both code 3 bio notices? If yes, attend the earliest (FO one), at the end of your bio appointment, tell them about the 2nd bio notice. They should be able to explain what is going on.

Are they both code 3 bio notices? If yes, attend the earliest (FO one), at the end of your bio appointment, tell them about the 2nd bio notice. They should be able to explain what is going on.

Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

The letter from ASC is code 3 bio notices but the letter from FO only shows Biometric and no further information.

(1) Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

(2) I also wonder if FO said there is no need to go to the ASC for Bio again should I still go to the ASC and show up to complete process or actually it's not necessary?

Thank you very much for your time and help again!

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

The letter from ASC is code 3 bio notices but the letter from FO only shows Biometric and no further information.

(1) Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

(2) I also wonder if FO said there is no need to go to the ASC for Bio again should I still go to the ASC and show up to complete process or actually it's not necessary?

Thank you very much for your time and help again!

Once the FO confirms the bio being done is code 3 and they say there’s no need to attend the 2nd bio appointment, that’s it. No need for the ASC appointment.