• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi. I'm a DV2020 selectee, case number AS26XXX

I'm wondering about the police certificate requirement.

The police in my country have a service of allowing certificates to be sent to a remote/local embassy in a matter of weeks.
Can I already request it to be sent to the US embassy where I should have the interview?

If so, what should I send KCC regarding the police certificate? Unfortunately I wont get a copy of the certificate.
Where are you from? It's the same in my country... KCC told me to request the certificate and send them a copy of the request and it's enough

Hi Folks, I'm one of the DV lottery selectees for the year 2020 (AS10xxx) and I need your help on below inquiries:

1- given that I belong to a country impacted by the travel ban, I've already started a process to get another passport which might be ready just one month before my interview! so do I need to mention that somewhere or not?

2- Do I need to do the medical examinations prior to the interview or not?

Dear Fellows,
my case number is EU41*** and i didnt receive email from KCC for additional documents yet.
I saw posts here that some people with higher Cases are already received. Is it something wrong or we should just wait a bit more before sending an enquiry mail to KCC? Whats are your suggestions?

Hi
Yesterday i also received the emeil for document request from KCC which i replied to kccdvdocuments@state.gov today with all the documents required with my case number as the subject of the email, few minutes later i got an auto reply The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has received your email and is currently processing your documents.
After about 2hrs i received another email which i will attach below, now am a little bit confused why i received

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    384.3 KB · Views: 88
Hi
Yesterday i also received the emeil for document request from KCC which i replied to kccdvdocuments@state.gov today with all the documents required with my case number as the subject of the email, few minutes later i got an auto reply The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has received your email and is currently processing your documents.
After about 2hrs i received another email which i will attach below, now am a little bit confused why i received
They won’t give you any case-specific info because you didn’t provide the details they need to do so. If you don’t need case specific info don’t worry about it, if you do you need to provide them the right info.

Hi Folks, I'm one of the DV lottery selectees for the year 2020 (AS10xxx) and I need your help on below inquiries:

1- given that I belong to a country impacted by the travel ban, I've already started a process to get another passport which might be ready just one month before my interview! so do I need to mention that somewhere or not?

2- Do I need to do the medical examinations prior to the interview or not?

1. If you have time to update the DS260 with the info beforehand, do so. There is not really any other way to let them formally know you have another passport. Otherwise just arrive with it at the interview but plan to expect some delay then as they won’t have had time to do a background check on that passport.
2. Yes. You will get doctor details in your interview letter, or you can find them on the website of the US embassy for uour country of residence. You only do the medical after you get scheduled for interview.

0763EEEC-1F92-4073-AEB1-A2352861BF19.jpegHello everyone, I am curious about how to properly prove I will be able to obtain a health insurance within 30 days of arrival. Will my I-134 satisfy a consular officer? Is it enough? How can I convince him I will get a job that offers employees an insurance as soon as possible? Can I buy a travel insurance from my home country before heading to the US, covering 365 days? Thanks x

View attachment 1308Hello everyone, I am curious about how to properly prove I will be able to obtain a health insurance within 30 days of arrival. Will my I-134 satisfy a consular officer? Is it enough? How can I convince him I will get a job that offers employees an insurance as soon as possible? Can I buy a travel insurance from my home country before heading to the US, covering 365 days? Thanks x

Nobody knows yet... It's a new craze mr T. introduced last week and it's very vague and unclear. We're going to need people that are interviewd next month to tell us how it was and what were the expectations of the CO...

Hi, i submitted ds-260 early and i got email for further ducuments (2020AS26***)
i have two question since my number is consider a high range
if i request a police certificate and send to kcc and it got expire before interview should i get new one or proceed with same because i have to get police certificate from two countries .

Also i just renew my passport and submitted the old one in ds -260 should i send the two passports to kcc and clearfy that its renew or just send the new one.

Hope that i was in this fourm ealry to many informations thank you every one
hope you good luck.

Hi, i submitted ds-260 early and i got email for further ducuments (2020AS26***)
i have two question since my number is consider a high range
if i request a police certificate and send to kcc and it got expire before interview should i get new one or proceed with same because i have to get police certificate from two countries .

Also i just renew my passport and submitted the old one in ds -260 should i send the two passports to kcc and clearfy that its renew or just send the new one.

Hope that i was in this fourm ealry to many informations thank you every one
hope you good luck.

1. If you choose to send your documents now you can obtain another PCC before your interview if the original has expired - take both with you to the interview
2. If you already have your new passport, you can unlock your DS-260 and provide the new passport details and send just his one in your documents. If you have not received your new passport you can send copies of your old one now but take both to your interview.

1. If you choose to send your documents now you can obtain another PCC before your interview if the original has expired - take both with you to the interview
2. If you already have your new passport, you can unlock your DS-260 and provide the new passport details and send just his one in your documents. If you have not received your new passport you can send copies of your old one now but take both to your interview.
Thanks

Hi guys,
I've been lurking on the forum for a few months now, ever since I have received my confirmation letter.

I'm EU10xxx, haven't received any request for documents yet (DS-260 completed well in advance), but my question is actually "How people know if they got disqualified?".

I am really curious - is it an email, message on the state.gov page, will I hear it only during the interview, or maybe I just won't get an email to gather my documents or won't get 2NL?

Just as probably most selectees, I am quite nervous about the process and it is very bureaucratic in the no-second-chances binary way, where a small mistake can cost you your visa because there is no process to correct any information or update photo. Or at least that's the impression I'm getting - feel free to correct me on this.

Thanks, and keep up the good work moderators!

Hi guys,
I've been lurking on the forum for a few months now, ever since I have received my confirmation letter.

I'm EU10xxx, haven't received any request for documents yet (DS-260 completed well in advance), but my question is actually "How people know if they got disqualified?".

I am really curious - is it an email, message on the state.gov page, will I hear it only during the interview, or maybe I just won't get an email to gather my documents or won't get 2NL?

Just as probably most selectees, I am quite nervous about the process and it is very bureaucratic in the no-second-chances binary way, where a small mistake can cost you your visa because there is no process to correct any information or update photo. Or at least that's the impression I'm getting - feel free to correct me on this.

Thanks, and keep up the good work moderators!

Unless you have been disqualified before selection for a duplicate entry: Only a consular Officer has the authority to disqualify a case. So if you apply, get selected, submit a ds260, send the required civil documents to KCC, and get scheduled for an interview, it is only then that you will find out. The consulates all (afaik) have one person collecting docs when you come in, and a second who does the actual interview. At some consulates, if it is obvious from your docs that there is a problem (wrong country of chargeability or you bring children who weren’t on the entry form for example) they may highlight that and give you the option to withdraw before paying the interview fee. At others, you pay the fee first. Mostly it will only be in the actual interview that you find out.

Where are you from? It's the same in my country... KCC told me to request the certificate and send them a copy of the request and it's enough

Thanks! I'll ask them as well to make sure

I have a couple more questions:
  1. Considering I will get the visa, and will go to the US to get a permanent resident, and I would like to take some time and stay at my home country before I make the actual move (due to a newborn baby) - it might be 2-4 years. Is that technically possible? What is the actual "deadline" from when the permanent resident is handed to me till I might lose it?
  2. If hypothetically I will get a permanent resident and lose it due to the above reason, Will I be banned from migrating to the US in the future? (with another kind of visa). I also currently have a B1/B2 visa - will it be canceled as a result?
  3. Considering I will need to make visits to the US in order to keep my status till I decide to finally move, Will my family have to visit with me as well?
  4. We are expecting a newborn baby very soon, and I plan to include him in the application. Will he have to pass medical exams as well?

How long does it take for ds260 to process? my CN is EU32XXX, so when is the safe time to send in my ds260? Im worried that the numbers will move too slowly, and I don't want to show immigration intent just in case something weird happens and my number doesnt become current. Is waiting until next bulletin to see if it moves any faster okay?

1. Considering I will get the visa, and will go to the US to get a permanent resident, and I would like to take some time and stay at my home country before I make the actual move (due to a newborn baby) - it might be 2-4 years. Is that technically possible? What is the actual "deadline" from when the permanent resident is handed to me till I might lose it?
  2. If hypothetically I will get a permanent resident and lose it due to the above reason, Will I be banned from migrating to the US in the future? (with another kind of visa). I also currently have a B1/B2 visa - will it be canceled as a result?
  3. Considering I will need to make visits to the US in order to keep my status till I decide to finally move, Will my family have to visit with me as well?
  4. We are expecting a newborn baby very soon, and I plan to include him in the application. Will he have to pass medical exams as well?

The obvious question from all the above is; why doesn’t your family just immigrate with you?

To answer:
1. No, it’s not possible, unless you do two consecutive re-entry permits (each application requires you to be in the US 1-2 months while you apply)
2. You won’t be banned, but your existing B visa will be cancelled when the DV visa is issued, and getting a new one might be difficult as you will have demonstrated immigrant intent.
3. You can’t just “visit” the US to keep your status, so moot point. But if what you are actually asking is does every family member with a green card individually have to meet the residence requirements, the answer is yes.
4. Yes

1. If you have time to update the DS260 with the info beforehand, do so. There is not really any other way to let them formally know you have another passport. Otherwise just arrive with it at the interview but plan to expect some delay then as they won’t have had time to do a background check on that passport.
2. Yes. You will get doctor details in your interview letter, or you can find them on the website of the US embassy for uour country of residence. You only do the medical after you get scheduled for interview.

Thanks for your answer.
But when should i expect my interview (AS108xx)?, and how long it takes to do the background check?

I know from realtives' experience that getting a re-entry permit is not an easy breezy thing. They lived there for 2 years with GC and had to come back to nurse a dying parent and it was a PAIN getting it. And this is a guy that holds a key position in Microsoft, owns 2 houses and has a son that was born in the US. Point is, it's gonna be extremely hard to get such a permit for a 'newbie' immigrant who has zero ties to the US. They will see you have no true intention to live in the US (at least not in the near future) and your GC will be revoked. If you are sure you don't want to live in the US right after you get your visa (or in a few months period) then I wouldn't even go on with the process.