• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi everyone,
There are 2 people who have got paper emails and their numbers are around eu 27.xxx. they are telling they havent opened their ds260 as well. Do you have any idea what is happening.

I’m not sure I understand the question - is there anything out of the ordinary, or have they just submitted DS260s and now been asked to email documents?

Yes. There is something out of ordinary. We are following which number get paper email in an group. Currently we are almost in 10.000. but yesterday in 27.000 two people have got email for paper. They were goind one by one but they jumped to 27.000. just we want to understand why? I hope i told clearly our situation.

I'm guessing by "paper email" you are referring to the request for documents to be sent. Honestly I wouldnt read anything into the request for documents, no one is going to get an interview unless their number is current and their DS-260 and documents have been processed, just because some documents have been requested early really isnt an indication of anything - there are so many reasons why this may be the case. I could speculate on a few but that would just open up a whole other discussion of "what ifs" and "maybes" that do nothing but confuse people.

So sit back, relax, prepare your documents and send them when asked (or when you know your number is getting close).. your time will come - the year has only just begun!

As you know this year is different due to some high case number. So we are trying to get a reason about high number would be current or not. This situation came to us a little bit different i mean jumping suddenly different number instead of going in order. Ok. Thanks for your comment. But if you have any prediction about that i would like to learn it from here or from message if it is possible

BritSimon wrote about it in his blog. It seems like now they started asking for documents right after you send your DS-260 and not after it's processed. It means nothing in terms of when you'll be interviewed, just that they're trying to be more efficient due to the high workload and the chaos they had last year by the end of the year that caused people to miss out.

Reactions: YTM
Yes. There is something out of ordinary. We are following which number get paper email in an group. Currently we are almost in 10.000. but yesterday in 27.000 two people have got email for paper. They were goind one by one but they jumped to 27.000. just we want to understand why? I hope i told clearly our situation.

Not everyone has believed the story that goes around that they ask for documents in strict case number order... not sure what region you are following but there are certainly others that high numbers have been asked for documentstoo. So if you want to understand why maybe don’t look for patterns which aren’t really there? What’s the point in them waiting for ....whatever, people who may never submit, if they have time and capacity to process for those who have completed DS260?

hello
we cant send a new DV 2021 for 5 days already we cant do it from USA nor from Israel or using VPN

it says after filling and sending

This page isn’t working
dvlottery.state.gov didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

what to do? did someone have this problem as well?
I try today and it work, I use explore. Which browser are you using?

I
Not everyone has believed the story that goes around that they ask for documents in strict case number order... not sure what region you are following but there are certainly others that high numbers have been asked for documentstoo. So if you want to understand why maybe don’t look for patterns which aren’t really there? What’s the point in them waiting for ....whatever, people who may never submit, if they have time and capacity to process for those who have completed DS260?

I am from eu. Maybe you are right or maybe they have another strategy now. But there is one thing i know i didint see this previous years. This is very interesting. I hope everyone will be current this year.

I

I am from eu. Maybe you are right or maybe they have another strategy now. But there is one thing i know i didint see this previous years. This is very interesting. I hope everyone will be current this year.

You didn’t see this previous years because asking for document submission is a newly introduced process. DV2019 was the first time this came into effect and it didn’t even start at the beginning of the FY.

Like others have already said, trying to make sense of the order in which the document request email gets sent is not an indication of when or if a higher CN will become current.

You didn’t see this previous years because asking for document submission is a newly introduced process. DV2019 was the first time this came into effect and it didn’t even start at the beginning of the FY.

Like others have already said, trying to make sense of the order in which the document request email gets sent is not an indication of when or if a higher CN will become current.
You are right. Thanks for you all for your responses

Hello guys. Please i need your advice. I was selected for DV20 and i have already submitted documents and i am waiting for my number to be current(maybe DEC or JAN) . My question is, i have a fiancee currently and we plan to get married. So i am thinking is it advisable to get married now, and then request to update my DS260 Form(is that possible?) or just go ahead and get married later after i have received my visa? I hear the wait times for spouses of Green Card holders is brutal(more than 2 years) but i also hear complicating my application with things like getting married can cause alot of problems for me and even increase the chances of rejection . So i would love to have a second opinion on this. If anyone has been in my situation before and what they did. Much appreciated.

Hello guys. Please i need your advice. I was selected for DV20 and i have already submitted documents and i am waiting for my number to be current(maybe DEC or JAN) . My question is, i have a fiancee currently and we plan to get married. So i am thinking is it advisable to get married now, and then request to update my DS260 Form(is that possible?) or just go ahead and get married later after i have received my visa? I hear the wait times for spouses of Green Card holders is brutal(more than 2 years) but i also hear complicating my application with things like getting married can cause alot of problems for me and even increase the chances of rejection . So i would love to have a second opinion on this. If anyone has been in my situation before and what they did. Much appreciated.
MUCH better to do it before your interview. It's cheaper, easier and faster than doing it later. You'll have to prove the relationship is genuine, but you'd also have to do that later with a marriage visa anyway. If you think you want to do it now, given the timing and your expectation of your number being current. I'd suggest contacting KCC and asking for them to hold off on scheduling you until you get married and update your DS.

MUCH better to do it before your interview. It's cheaper, easier and faster than doing it later. You'll have to prove the relationship is genuine, but you'd also have to do that later with a marriage visa anyway. If you think you want to do it now, given the timing and your expectation of your number being current. I'd suggest contacting KCC and asking for them to hold off on scheduling you until you get married and update your DS.
Thank you Sussie for the information. That makes sense. However, do you have any information on the spouse visa,how long it actually takes and what it really takes to pursue the process. I really think Marriage may not be the thing for me right now. Your thoughts please. Thank you.

Thank you Sussie for the information. That makes sense. However, do you have any information on the spouse visa,how long it actually takes and what it really takes to pursue the process. I really think Marriage may not be the thing for me right now. Your thoughts please. Thank you.

For the spouse of a green card, you need:
1) a green card - so you can’t start the process before you actually land in the US
2) a filing fee for the i130 of $535 plus the visa interview fee at the consulate of $325 (and then the green card fee of $220 if approved, same as with a DV visa)
3) proof of US income sufficient to meet the public charge guidelines, for a household of 2 (you and your wife) this is currently $21137 per year. Along with this you sign an affidavit of support i864, unlike the Dv one this is legally binding and makes you liable for any public funds your wife might use until she becomes a citizen or until she has worked for 10 years. Note that this affidavit remains binding on you even if you subsequently divorce (and in the scenario if she never becomes a citizen or works that means you could literally be on the hook the rest of your life ... I’m sure it’s not often this happens, but it could )
4) you will need to provide proof of a genuine relationship
5) wait times vary but generally it’s around 2 years, if it’s an embassy that is pretty busy with long wait times for interviews you can add some months on to that. She has to remain at home while this process goes on. Possibly might get a tourist visa to visit you but these are often denied in this situation.
6) if she happens to get her immigrant visa less than 2 years after marriage (unlikely for spouse of green card holder but it does happen occasionally) then her green card is conditional, and you have to go through a process called removal of conditions after your 2nd anniversary (requires another interview and more marriage proof). As I said unlikely this will happen for spouse of LPR but occasionally it does so I mention for completeness. The filing + biometric fee for this process is $680.

Hi All, I have my consulate interview beginning of next month. Have got my required documentation ready. Any heads up as to what they might ask during the interview? I am nervous.

Secondly, the police clearance they requested when I had to upload the supporting documents is still with me. It was made on 16th of May this year. Will that be alright or will they require me to have the newest one? Just confused because I guess the embassy wants the exact uploaded document’s hardcopy despite the date. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi All, I have my consulate interview beginning of next month. Have got my required documentation ready. Any heads up as to what they might ask during the interview? I am nervous.

Secondly, the police clearance they requested when I had to upload the supporting documents is still with me. It was made on 16th of May this year. Will that be alright or will they require me to have the newest one? Just confused because I guess the embassy wants the exact uploaded document’s hardcopy despite the date. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
The interview is usually an anticlimax and if everything is in order can be as short as a few minutes. For some insight into other interviews you can check out Simons Blog page dedicated to interview stories.
http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/

As for your PCC - sounds like it will still be valid so you should be fine, if you are concerned you can always get a new one and take both with you.

Thanks.

For your country of residence, you might want to consider getting a more recent PCC. May to November is quite a stretch for criminal activities to have happened since the previous PCC was issued (don’t get me wrong, I’m not insinuating you’re a criminal or you’ve engaged in criminal activities).