• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I don't really panic, not for now at least

I have a new concern now, I'm overthinking probably. Why did they send me this version? Wold be great if those who got the same email share what they got as well
I don't know why but I have a feeling (beside that tonight is gonna be a good night) that something is wrong in my application, but as I said I'm probably overthinking and will be waiting until next year

Dude. Take a deep breath, and relax. Yes you’re overthinking! ( The website still had the old version (saying don’t send anything to KCC) for at least a month or two after they changed the system. Don’t read anything into something like this.) Remember KCC is just admin - they don’t take decisions on eligibility, validity, etc. if your DS260 was incomplete they would let you know. If the documents they eventually ask you to send are incomplete, they will let you know. Apart from that, all they do is tick the boxes and then pass the case on to the consulate/embassy that will interview you, which is where the actual decisions get made.

Congratulations to all the winners. Your journey to the American dream will begin today

Hi everyone I won DV 2020 and received my case number through the system
check since few Months ago, i keep trying to fill the DS -260, but it
is not accepting my case number, i tried a lot of time without zero
and sent email to KCC, but they are not providing helpful answers.....

I have my first entrant confirmation page right here with me also, but
they keep saying my case number not found in their system but when i
check my status it show i am selected for DV2020 please i need your
help.. when i checked, it shows i am selected and i received my case
number its valid.If anyone from Kenya won the DV2020 can we get connected to help each other please?

Guys Please kindly advice me to whom i should contact to be a great help to me.

Best regard,
Grace.

number its valid.If anyone from Kenya won the DV2020 can we get connected to help each other please?

Best regard,
Grace.

Are you trying to open the DS260 form with the confirmation number you used in checking your selection or the case number listed on your 1NL?

Best regard,
Grace.
Congrats
Meanwhile find us here:
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2020-kenya.340761/

Best regard,
Grace.
Have you managed to open the DS260 or
You've opened and TRYING TO FILL or
You can't sign off your DS260
For the superstars to help you, you have to be clear
Me I'm happy you're another 254 heading to +1 soon. Congrats and be quick so that we help you sign that DS260 very fast

Hi All,

Any official news of the second draw of DV 2020?

There is never "official news" of the draw. In years when it happens we hear from people that got an email telling them to make sure they check their entry, they check and find they are selected. It's a small number of people, smaller than the first, and the case numbers will start from the end - meaning AFTER the first draw selectees.

So - IF we hear anything, it will be in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: YTM
Hello friends.
I have a question mostly to the experts @Britsimon @Sm1smom I need to know why we mask our numbers. I would like to ask this because there are some people in my local community who created a group to help dv winners, he told me the condition to join the group I need to provide my full name and full case number and record a brief video introducing myself. I have realised that on this forums everybody mask their number. If somebody knows your number, can they do anything with it? Thanks

Hello friends.
I have a question mostly to the experts @Britsimon @Sm1smom I need to know why we mask our numbers. I would like to ask this because there are some people in my local community who created a group to help dv winners, he told me the condition to join the group I need to provide my full name and full case number and record a brief video introducing myself. I have realised that on this forums everybody mask their number. If somebody knows your number, can they do anything with it? Thanks

Some malicious people may do you harm knowing your name and your number. For example, if their number is higher than yours, they could sabotage your application by emailing KCC and saying "Hi my name is Jay Bob, my case number is 13500 and I would like to withdraw my application from this cycle"

Hello friends.
Some malicious people may do you harm knowing your name and your number. For example, if their number is higher than yours, they could sabotage your application by emailing KCC and saying "Hi my name is Jay Bob, my case number is 13500 and I would like to withdraw my application from this cycle"

I mostly agree with the answer above - but it is just always worth keeping your details private for various forms of identity fraud.

Hello friends.

Anyone that needs that much personal information from you before allowing you to join some anonymous group can’t be up to any good IMO.

I know the site very well, I have other passports too. I am a dual citizen and my is wife a triple citizen. KCC told me to pull a new one for the interview. I am going with what they said.
Maybe it's just my case maybe it's a new thing. Who knows, not planning to create my own theories. Will just do it anyway. It won't hurt me. but the other way around may cost me the visa.

Out of all the people here, you are the only one who knows everything about the process. Yes please do your thing your way. BEST OF LUCK

hello everyone!
first of all I want to say a big THANK you to Simon
hes blog and videos being very helpful
and I do have quite high number EU34K
and I pray Ill get a visa since is a huge dream of mine

I have one question

so I do have a valid passport I submitted to my DS260
and it will be valid still enough time
BUT not many pages left empty

I got a new passport ( in my country is allowed to 2 valid travel passports)
and if I get visa I would love it to be in a brand new passport

shall I unlock my form or i can jiust bring 2 passport to the interview later?

thank you sop much in advance

also if I am not oficcially working but still have bank account and income ( i am a freelancer) will it be enough to prove my financial situation?

I do have all necessary proves of my high education and work experience as well

Then all this arguing is just noise. If you have already obtained a PCC from that country since you were last there and you have not/will not return, your PCC is "valid" despite any expiry date listed

this is from the official site

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

What does "have not returned" actually mean ? Not registering officially as a resident in that country or not even travelling there ?
My situation: CN EU32XXX, living in Romania; consular processing at the US Embassy in Bucharest.
I used to live for about 5 years in Austria and then I returned back home. Now I visit my mother in Austria some 3-4 times/year.
I was actually wondering if :
A. I should request my PC from the Austrian Consular Office in Bucharest, Romania.
B. I should request it in person next time I visit my mother in Austria, probably in December 2019.

-> I actually would have chosen B, since it's cheaper and quicker (PC is offered immediately, as opposed to when requested via the consular office; aprox. 2-3 weeks). Now if I stay any additional day in Austria after requesting and receiving my PC... would it still be considered valid or not ? Or would it be considered that I "returned there since the police certificate was issued" therefore I need a new one anyway from the consular office ?