• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Britsimon Why don't chill out a bit before you jump on offense?
You can't call KCC if you don't have CN and confirmation number. So your expertise is based on information provided by people like me. So chill out.

Here is the deal. Will give some context.
When I call them they ask for all the information to pull my record. Yes?

The case is upfront of them so they see it all, what changes are made and so on..
Me. Question:
Can I submit my documents now since I am afraid that my PC will expire?
Answer. No. It will expire before we review it.
My guess(your guess from your offensive response) is that my DS 260 is not opened yet and not processed yet. So it's useless to email the documents.

Next:
Eligible for an interview in the14k cut-off range. Asked twice if they did not say Available. Do I know what that means? I can guess. You can guess too. Unless you work there is no way to know what and how they do it.

They: if your DS-260 is open we will not send you request for documents and we will send request to higher numbers.

Sure, I did not ask open after is initially processed or before. Obviously their point was after is processed.
They: After the request for the docs you can keep re-open it for changes.
Till when I asked.
Response. No problem till the last moment before the interview.

Before you jump on that. Keep in mind that is about MY case number and mine only.
I am with a visa waiver(so filled my ds-260 on the next day), post sec. US education, 10 experience in highly paid and on high demand job in the US. I am also Canadian and have passed FBI check before became a Canadian resident.

So, is my case applicable to some applicants? Maybe

Take this as information only.

You can't call KCC if you don't have CN and confirmation number. So your expertise is based on information provided by people like me. So chill out.

The case is upfront of them so they see it all, what changes are made and so on..
Me. Question:
My guess(your guess from your offensive response) is that my DS 260 is not opened yet and not processed yet. So it's useless to email the documents.

Next:
Eligible for an interview in the14k cut-off range. Asked twice if they did not say Available. Do I know what that means? I can guess. You can guess too. Unless you work there is no way to know what and how they do it.

They: if your DS-260 is open we will not send you request for documents and we will send request to higher numbers.

Sure, I did not ask open after is initially processed or before. Obviously their point was after is processed.
Till when I asked.

Before you jump on that. Keep in mind that is about MY case number and mine only.
I am with a visa waiver(so filled my ds-260 on the next day), post sec. US education, 10 experience in highly paid and on high demand job in the US. I am also Canadian and have passed FBI check before became a Canadian resident.

Not quiet right there mate, Britsimon has been through the Lottery process from start to finish and has a very successful blog details the path that not just him and his family took to obtain their green card, but many other people who won the DV Lottery also. I suggest you have a read.

Me. Question:

Next:

Till when I asked.

Not quite sure where to begin, lol
From whether you realize a number of us have actually completed DV, to the fact that while your US education and “high paying job” is laudable it doesn’t matter for DV eligibility any more than a high school diploma, to the fact that your background checks will be redone for an immigrant visa no matter what you had done before.... like I said before, not everyone in KCC gives accurate information and you’ve repeated some inaccurate info. But you can test some of it: call KCC the day before your interview and ask to unlock. Let us know what happens.

By the way, from one of your comments you don’t seem to realize that a police certificate for US immigration purposes expires one year after issue regardless of the country’s own stated expiry date, and it needs to be valid at interview (not just for KCC submission like you seem to assume). This is clearly stated in the official Department of State DV selectee (and other immigrant visa category) websites.

By the way, from one of your comments you don’t seem to realize that a police certificate for US immigration purposes expires one year after issue regardless of the country’s own stated expiry date, and it needs to be valid at interview (not just for KCC submission like you seem to assume). This is clearly stated in the official Department of State DV selectee (and other immigrant visa category) websites.

Bullshit LOL
That's why I called them. I know very well what the site says.
You the experts are wrong.
Your police certificate MUST be valid when is requested by KCC,
Your police certificate MUST be valid during the interview
Stop spreading misinformation.
LOL

Not quite sure where to begin, lol
From whether you realize a number of us have actually completed DV, to the fact that while your US education and “high paying job” is laudable it doesn’t matter for DV eligibility any more than a high school diploma, to the fact that your background checks will be redone for an immigrant visa no matter what you had done before.... like I said before, not everyone in KCC gives accurate information and you’ve repeated some inaccurate info. But you can test some of it: call KCC the day before your interview and ask to unlock. Let us know what happens.
DV eligibility?
there is something called public charge? I know you know so much about it. and it doesn't matter to enter US with a potential job offer, with over 200k USD.
Seriously

I'll give one advice to those who are in the process.
First and most pick up the phone and call KCC if you have any concerns and questions.
As I said they are nice helpful people.
Some here can learn from them.
Oh wait they can't even make a call there

DV eligibility?
there is something called public charge? I know you know so much about it. and it doesn't matter to enter US with a potential job offer, with over 200k USD.
Seriously
Seriously, thousands of people with just high school diplomas do get diversity visas every year. You don’t need to be earning 6 figures to not be a public charge, which is what they are concerned about. (It’s also amusing when people come on here thinking they must be the only high earning people around, especially to people who live in places like the Bay Area and manhattan.)

Bullshit LOL
That's why I called them. I know very well what the site says.
You the experts are wrong.
Your police certificate MUST be valid when is requested by KCC,
Your police certificate MUST be valid during the interview
Stop spreading misinformation.
LOL

Yes of course, I said that if you bothered to read properly; but you don’t seem clear about what constitutes “valid”. Anyway, you go ahead and do your own thing, good luck with all that.

I do know one sure-fire way to stop misinformation spreading here, and I suspect it might be implemented soon.

Seriously, thousands of people with just high school diplomas do get diversity visas every year. You don’t need to be earning 6 figures to not be a public charge, which is what they are concerned about. (It’s also amusing when people come on here thinking they must be the only high earning people around, especially to people who live in places like the Bay Area and manhattan.)

Yes of course, I said that if you bothered to read properly; but you don’t seem clear about what constitutes “valid”. Anyway, you go ahead and do your own thing, good luck with all that.

I do know one sure-fire way to stop misinformation spreading here, and I suspect it might be implemented soon.
I did not say you need a 6 figure salary. But if you already working for US company and this and that you get the point..
In fact, both of my parents won the DV lottery and immigrated with High School diplomas only. Long ago.
I know something about the process but not enough since is changing a lot lately.

Your statement about PC is wrong and their web site is misleading.

For those who have police certificates which will expire soon. make another before the interview.
In their words, "this is one of the most important things that we care"

Kindly explain what part of this is misleading?

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

—-
By the way, all the required civil documents are “important”, that’s why they are... “required”. :rolleyes:

Reactions: YTM
Kindly explain what part of this is misleading?

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

—-
By the way, all the required civil documents are “important”, that’s why they are... “required”. :rolleyes:
Since you are kind I will kindly explain it to you.
My problem is a Police certificate from a county that is valid only for 3 months.
When I email KCC unexpired(valid) police certificate they will accept it. BUT the certificate can expire before the interview. Since is valid only for 3 months.
I called them and ask them what to do.
Questions like can I send it when I have it and so on.
the answer is: Send it when is requested. Then bring unexpired police certificate on the interview. Make a new one for the interview. Because they take the PC very seriously. That is what they said.

So, I don't want to go on an interview and be put on AP and go crazy to get a new one. So I make them often. Which is a pain, takes me two weeks with the translation.

I'll give one advice to those who are in the process.
First and most pick up the phone and call KCC if you have any concerns and questions.
As I said they are nice helpful people.
Some here can learn from them.
Oh wait they can't even make a call there
I don't know how to say that , but , the " experts " that you are making fun of , here , have LITERALLY helped many many DV selectees to proceed their cases successfully . They don't speak according to a few phone calls they make to the KCC , but they speak based on their own experiences with the DV program , researches , and studying many cases for years of this program . You can not just come out of nowhere and start disrespecting people who give their time to help others . If you don't like their advices to you , or if you disagree , then find another forum to spread your ignorance about the program , and stop confusing others .

Me. Question:

Next:

Till when I asked.

There's some points for you DOG:

Most experts here have gone through all of this process and they're helping us with their experience and knowledge.
If you feel the experts suggestion here isn't a right thing, you can simply leave this forum and just do as you wish.

1. If you have anything to edit in your DS260, just hold it until D-1 Interview and ask them to unlock and edit your form. Then tell us here could you do that or not.

2. So what if you had an US education, 10 experience in highly paid and on high demand job in US? I dont see any relation about that information with this thread. Is that really important for you to brag about yourself?
And if you that proud of your qualification, I'm sure you won't face any difficulties to get other visa to live and work in the US, no need to apply for this DV program.

3. About the Police Certificate, IF you had read Britsimon's blog carefully you would know that Simon always says that you dont need to rush to send documents if KCC has not requested them for the PC maybe will expired at the time your interview happen. And if your PC expired, just bring a new one before your interview day.
If you are a reader of Britsimon's blog you should've known that Police Certificate for each country had a different expired time.
And from what you asked to the KCC staff, I assume that they have not asked anything yet and you yourself want to send your documents to them.
As Simon always says, patience is the key.

thank you all for your contributions. I have a question: a Police Clearance that mention: This PC has a validity of 3 months. will it be valid for 12 months as requested on DV website even if the document itself showing expired? I am confused because I lived in 3 countries and already have PCs which may be expiring before the 2NL and Interview, Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. I got my interview date which is November. I am pretty damn scared about how it will go . Most important questions:

- If approved, then roughly (how many days) by when will I get the passport?

- After interview, do they ask the applicant how he/she prefers to get her passport back? Like courier or pickup?

- if the interview fails, is it wise to have 20 tequila shots or a bottle vodka? jokes.

Basically, is there any statistics or if you guys know from any experience the chances for interview to fail, out of 100? It’s vague question but just something that’s concerning me. I have to pay for medical and then 36hr train ride and then Airbnb and then interview fees etc lol, hopefully it all goes in favor .

thank you all for your contributions. I have a question: a Police Clearance that mention: This PC has a validity of 3 months. will it be valid for 12 months as requested on DV website even if the document itself showing expired? I am confused because I lived in 3 countries and already have PCs which may be expiring before the 2NL and Interview, Thanks

The formal guideline on the website is correct and what you can rely on. We have enough real-life experience to back this up.

If you have a police certificate from a country you lived in before and have not been back to that country since, those certificates remain valid regardless of original issue date. If you do return to that country you will need a new PCC.

Despite what certain posters here try to say, the blanket validity across all US immigrant visas including DV is one year from date of issue. In order to avoid people having to get multiple PCCs, we usually advise not applying for the PCC until you are fairly sure of becoming current (bearing in mind some countries can take a month or two just to issue) to ensure that the PCC remain valid through interview. (Some people have gotten excited and fill in DS and apply for all forms as soon as they’re selected each May... not a problem for other documents to apply early but it is for PCC).

Woww... Relax guys!!!
I'm confused now, I submitted my DS260 one month ago and I'm waiting for KCC to review my form then send me the email to request additional documents. Now I'm having some concerns reading someone saying they sent their documents before getting the email from KCC, did I miss something?

In general;
I would trust those who already went through the DV process previously from end to end then kept being informed. I don't write that much but I read it every day and this forum provides a lot of help and support. Please keep it a funny, safe and cool place to exchange idea and get advises

Hey Susie, I think there a situation where you still can present a police certificate that you requested a while ago if you never lived in that country anymore. If I take my situation as an example, I lived in France from 2009 to 2012 then moved to another country and never came back to France (not even as a tourist). I requested a police certificate from France in 2017 that I think I still can use, right?

Hey Susie, I think there a situation where you still can present a police certificate that you requested a while ago if you never lived in that country anymore. If I take my situation as an example, I lived in France from 2009 to 2012 then moved to another country and never came back to France (not even as a tourist). I requested a police certificate from France in 2017 that I think I still can use, right?

Yes, confirmed both in the extract I quoted and my response to jay8.

Woww... Relax guys!!!
I'm confused now, I submitted my DS260 one month ago and I'm waiting for KCC to review my form then send me the email to request additional documents. Now I'm having some concerns reading someone saying they sent their documents before getting the email from KCC, did I miss something?

No, you didn’t miss anything. There are instances when people whose numbers are listed as current haven’t received the email and sent anyway. One thing we discovered in this new process is that there is an unofficial cutoff date (as in not communicated by KCC), and unfortunately some people whose numbers were current later in the FY and waited to receive the email before sending, were subsequently informed that KCC did not have time to process documents and they would not get an interview before FY end. So there is generally no need to send documents before the email unless you are in that near-year-end category.