• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Cutoff numbers for October 2020:
Africa: 2500
Asia: 1300
Europe: 2100
Oceania: 175
South America: 225

Cutoff numbers for October 2019:
Africa: 2750
Asia: 1000
Europe: 2000
Oceania: 150
South America: 100

=> DV 19 can't be compared to DV 20 because the dynamics are totally different.

Question: I would have expected the cutoff numbers to be higher. Why are they not higher?

Last edited:
It sucks for me may be have to wait until January for my CN 3200 range :(
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICA2,500Except: Egypt 1,500ASIA1,300Except: Iran 750
Nepal 1,000EUROPE2,100 NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2 OCEANIA175 SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN225

I received a request for supporting docs and thought the cutoff number would be high, but that's still a long journey. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

I’m definitely going to need a bigger bowl of popcorn at this rate!

Month one of a 12 months’ process and people are already wailing and bemoaning their lost chances???

Visa bulletin for the first month of fiscal year will be published in a few days. Let's guess cut-off numbers.
I guess it is 1300 for Asia region.

Haha!! I guessed correctly the cut-off number for Asia region a few weeks ago.
To those who have high case numbers: Do not pin your hopes on a few reported high case numbers and theory of holes and whatever.
Visa bulletin for this year will be very similar to recent years.

Due to high case numbers , and with the idea that 2020 is a low selected year ,we thought to see a higher cut off . I myself thought that AF will start with at least 5000 . Maybe that's why those with high CN are panicking from day one . I'm sorry too as I'm AF56xxx

Haha!! I guessed correctly the cut-off number for Asia region a few weeks ago.
To those who have high case numbers: Do not pin your hopes on a few reported high case numbers and theory of holes and whatever.
Visa bulletin for this year will be very similar to recent years.
This is obviously pure bullshit. Math actually is a thing.