• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Due to high case numbers , and with the idea that 2020 is a low selected year ,we thought to see a higher cut off . I myself thought that AF will start with at least 5000 . Maybe that's why those with high CN are panicking from day one . I'm sorry too as I'm AF56xxx
If I had a dollar for every AF who panicked at the beginning of a DV year...
I was AF51xxx and interviewed in June of my year. Make of that what you will.
It is going to be different because they only now schedule those who submitted documents. Before they scheduled everyone and never knew who would actually show up.

Also I agree with Feynman that a basic understanding of math - looking at case numbers vs number of selectees - makes the holes theory kind of obvious.

Hello, me too was disappointed by this number 2500 for Africa I expected 8000. My case is AF15xxx what is your prediction? Can I expect December or March?

Hello, me too was disappointed by this number 2500 for Africa I expected 8000.

And you expected 8000 because...? Just curious as to how many actual cases you think that would be. As you would expect around 1/12 of the AF expected visa issuance to interview in October.

You didn't get my point. By high case numbers I mean those who go current in final months of the fiscal year when all case numbers are CURRENT in visa bulletin.
That usually happens with low numbers of selectees, regardless of case numbers.

Due to high case numbers , and with the idea that 2020 is a low selected year ,we thought to see a higher cut off . I myself thought that AF will start with at least 5000 . Maybe that's why those with high CN are panicking from day one . I'm sorry too as I'm AF56xxx
In one of Simon's YT videos, he said sometimes KCC would allocates fewer cases in the fast few months to give themselves and the embassies time to relax abit after the hectic job at the closure of a previous DV year.

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2020 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately

AFRICA2,500
Except: Egypt 1,500

ASIA 1,300

Except: Iran 750
Nepal 1,000

EUROPE 2,100

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2

OCEANIA 175

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 225

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2020 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately

AFRICA2,500
Except: Egypt 1,500

ASIA 1,300

Except: Iran 750
Nepal 1,000

EUROPE 2,100

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2

OCEANIA 175

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 225
Already a thread with the numbers. September 2019 Visa Bulletin

And you expected 8000 because...? Just curious as to how many actual cases you think that would be. As you would expect around 1/12 of the AF expected visa issuance to interview in October.
I can understand why. You were banking on the previous years that show such high numbers. Let's cut them some slack though. Like someone mentioned up there, perhaps they are just winding down dv2019 and there after, the numbers may pick up again. Also remember the hole theory Simon mentioned on dv 2020.

giphy.gif

I’m definitely going to need a bigger bowl of popcorn at this rate!

Month one of a 12 months’ process and people are already wailing and bemoaning their lost chances???
Actually I was expecting mine to be current around December or January but the video Simon posted made me think that mine will be current around October/ November so I will practice my patience again! Lol

I actually don't understand quite well the theory behind this. I expected a higher number due to the previous comments. What is your prediction for November and December?

Actually I was expecting mine to be current around December or January but the video Simon posted made me think that mine will be current around October/ November so I will practice my patience again! Lol
Wich video are referring to ? The old one about Simon's interview prediction or the new one he posted today about visa bulletin ?

I actually don't understand quite well the theory behind this. I expected a higher number due to the previous comments. What is your prediction for November and December?
I've learnt over the past 7 years that there is little point in prediction tbh. No-one consistently gets it right, numbers speed up and slow down for reasons not apparent to anyone outside KCC, etc.

If I had a dollar for every AF who panicked at the beginning of a DV year...
I was AF51xxx and interviewed in June of my year. Make of that what you will.
It is going to be different because they only now schedule those who submitted documents. Before they scheduled everyone and never knew who would actually show up.

Also I agree with Feynman that a basic understanding of math - looking at case numbers vs number of selectees - makes the holes theory kind of obvious.
I agree with you Susie , and personally I am hopeful . It is only that I expected the number to be higher than 2500 , like maybe 5000 . But as Simon also explained it on YouTube ,that's maybe because they want to give their self and the embassies some time to catch their breath after a busy end of 2019 .

If can say that we will see a big jump in VB around January , after the holidays , hopefully .