• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Just had KCC to unlock my DS and found out that now I have to add my social media info too, weird o_O

What do they mean by "social media identifier"? is it the name of the channel / page or the actual link?
My Youtube ID is a long series of letters and numbers, should I just put the name of the channel?
Heinnn? What is that?
They ask you to put your facebook, youtube channels?

Yes, last time I filled and submitted the document there was no “social media” question, but after KCC unlocked yesterday you need to put those information such as your most used social media platform in the last 5 years, I have 2 Instagram accounts, fb and YT account...

Also, question regarding the address where I will move in after I eventually get the green card. A friend will host me, she lives in that address, do I need to provide a document that states that she lives in that address or do I need to answer to questions like “how did you meet her” and stuff?

Yes, last time I filled and submitted the document there was no “social media” question, but after KCC unlocked yesterday you need to put those information such as your most used social media platform in the last 5 years, I have 2 Instagram accounts, fb and YT account...

Also, question regarding the address where I will move in after I eventually get the green card. A friend will host me, she lives in that address, do I need to provide a document that states that she lives in that address or do I need to answer to questions like “how did you meet her” and stuff?

You’re overthinking. They ask for an address, just give an address. Done.

You’re overthinking. They ask for an address, just give an address. Done.
I am definitely overthinking, it’s just that I heard weird stories on many websites/blogs/forums about the interview and I definitely don’t want to go there unprepared.

Did you hear about KCC asking for social media identifier?

Yes this is a new development to both the DS260 and DS160 forms. The DOS now requires visa applicants to include their social media handles on those forms - came into effect about 24 hours ago or so.

Ah!
I still didn't submit my DS260, do I need to submit and unlock it to see that question?

Ah!
I still didn't submit my DS260, do I need to submit and unlock it to see that question?

As Mom said, this has been in place a whole 24 hours. How would we know everything about how it works? When you submit, you'll find out.

I am definitely overthinking, it’s just that I heard weird stories on many websites/blogs/forums about the interview and I definitely don’t want to go there unprepared.
Well, presumably you know the asnswer if they happen to ask how you met this girl. You don’t need to “prepare”.

Hi Simon, My case number is 2020AS00022XXX. Is there any chance to get visa to me.? Can you guess is it possible to exist the 'current' period for visa bulletin in 2020 for Asian countries

Hi Simon, My case number is 2020AS00022XXX. Is there any chance to get visa to me.? Can you guess is it possible to exist the 'current' period for visa bulletin in 2020 for Asian countries

We don't know how many selectees there are at this point, so I cannot say whether you will get a chance or not. However, it certainly won't be current in 2019 - so you have MONTHS to wait anyway - plenty of time to know more. Do not submit your DS260 at this point.

Hello everybody.

Does anyone know if I can apply for H1B while waiting for my number to be current next year in F1 student visa status? And will H1B cancel my DS-260 that I already submitted. My employer is willing to pay for my H1B. Knowing that it`s a complicated and expensive process I`d rather wait for my case number to become current. Also my number is high, if it won`t be current I can lose everything.

Last edited:
I have been hearing this several times not to submit DS260 at this point for 2020 dv selectee ?? why is it so ?? Could any one explain ?

I have been hearing this several times not to submit DS260 at this point for 2020 dv selectee ?? why is it so ?? Could any one explain ?
There is no rush to submit your DS260, KCC are still processing DV19 entries ... DV2020 does not start until October this year so unless you have a really low CN there is no benefit to submit your DS260 early. However the negatives for submitting early, particularly if you have a high CN is that it shows immigrant intent - should you be unsuccessful in progressing to an interview you may have issues with future non-immigrant visas as you have already shown intent, regardless if you followed through or not!
So, sit back, relax, read as much as you can and learn ... this forum and Simon's blog is a good place to start http://britsimonsays.com/

Reactions: YTM
Wait, what? You think the agency telling you to follow the law was the bad advice????

But then you lied to the agency because you knew you were breaing the law and now realize that if they check and find out you were breaking the law it could affect your visa approval.

Amazing. I assume you weren't studying law while on a J1.

Sorry, let me rephrase this, i think you got me wrong because i wasn't accurate enough.

They told me the law doesn't allow you to work multiple jobs but everybody knows, including the embassy that students work multiple jobs and they don't report them and they never had problems, so it's up to you whether you want to tell the sponsor agency that you'll be working second job. They added that usually the embassy doesn't care about this point, but at the end of the day seems this a big issue.

That's what lead to this situation.

Last edited:
Sorry, let me rephrase this, i think you got me wrong because i wasn't accurate enough.

They told me the law doesn't allow you to work multiple jobs but everybody knows, including the embassy that students work multiple jobs and they don't report them and they never had problems, so it's up to you whether you want to tell the sponsor agency that you'll be working second job. They added that usually the embassy doesn't care about this point, but at the end of the day seems this a big issue.

That's what lead to this situation.

"They" are talking nonsense. Of course the embassy cares. So does CBP. There was a case a few months back (I think it was another forum not this one) where CBP got suspicious of a guy re-entering on F1, checked his phone, found he was working off campus. Visa voided and sent on the next flight back home. I'm guessing you choose to believe it's ok to break the law because it suits you, but it's really not OK. If you want to keep on insisting the company is correct, test it - go tell the embassy you've worked mutiple jobs and see if they really don't care.

"They" are talking nonsense. Of course the embassy cares. So does CBP. There was a case a few months back (I think it was another forum not this one) where CBP got suspicious of a guy re-entering on F1, checked his phone, found he was working off campus. Visa voided and sent on the next flight back home. I'm guessing you choose to believe it's ok to break the law because it suits you, but it's really not OK. If you want to keep on insisting the company is correct, test it - go tell the embassy you've worked mutiple jobs and see if they really don't care.

I see, probably i won't apply at all. When i sum everything from what i've researched and asked, i don't think it's a good idea to apply.

DM'd you the link to the thread I mentioned. I had forgotten, that the person in question also got a 5-year ban on entry.

Hi. I have been selected DV2020! My case number is AS24××× though..
I'm in US as a student ,I already submited DS260.
Can I apply OPT (I mean I765) after submit DS260 ..?
It doesn't have probrem?