• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Mom, when Filling DS-260 do I include all the jobs that I worked during my student years in US even without work authorization? I worked using my SSN even though it said Work Valid with DHS authorization only? I have paid taxes all these years. Should I leave those jobs out or include them and be truthful?

Hi Mom, when Filling DS-260 do I include all the jobs that I worked during my student years in US even without work authorization? I worked using my SSN even though it said Work Valid with DHS authorization only? I have paid taxes all these years. Should I leave those jobs out or include them and be truthful?

Yes you’re required to disclose everything.

Need advice please!!!
I got selected this time for DV 2020!!
From Asia, CN# 2020AS15XXX, Is there any chance to make it this time? Also I currently hold H1B visa and I am maintaining my status. If I want to do AOS, when can I start? Do I have to wait for the case number to show up? I am really confused how case number on each region work!!! Thank you in advance!!!

Need advice please!!!
I got selected this time for DV 2020!!
From Asia, CN# 2020AS15XXX, Is there any chance to make it this time? Also I currently hold H1B visa and I am maintaining my status. If I want to do AOS, when can I start? Do I have to wait for the case number to show up? I am really confused how case number on each region work!!! Thank you in advance!!!

We currently don’t have a total selectee count for DV 2020, so it’s hard to guesstimate what you’re chances are based on your CN.

You can in the mean time go through the AOS process spreadsheet which is attached to the first post on page one of the DV2020 AOS Thread. You can also post subsequent AOS related questions on that thread after going through the spreadsheet.

Two more questions now that the DS 260 form has been submitted:

1. Can you use the photo that you used to submit the lottery entry?
2. Now that the form has been submitted, can I book holidays to the US or can I not visit the US ever since it is immigrant intent?

Could anyone please help me on this particular number 2 as I would like to book trips to the US for a holiday but want to make sure before I lock anything in! Thanks!

Could anyone please help me on this particular number 2 as I would like to book trips to the US for a holiday but want to make sure before I lock anything in! Thanks!
If you are on VWP or already have a visa, go ahead. Be sure to take a return ticket (mandatory for VWP anyway) and evidence of ties back home in case CBP asks to see proof that your stay will be temporary. If you need a visa and don’t have one yet, apply before booking anything.

So I filled out the DS-260 & submitted. So what’s the next step? Wait until KCC send email requesting to send them the documents? What about the fee ? Do I call them to pay ?

So I filled out the DS-260 & submitted. So what’s the next step? Wait until KCC send email requesting to send them the documents? What about the fee ? Do I call them to pay ?
You didn't get a confirmation of submission?
I think after that KCC needs time to validate your DS260 then sends you instructions on how to submit supporting docs but I will let others give more accurate details

if I remember correctly you were processing AOS so I'd suggest reading up on Mom's spreadsheet in the AOS thread and learning timelines and what your next steps are, then posting questions there so people with AOS experience can help you.

if I'm wrong and you are processing CP you should go check out Simon's blog and learn the process from what he has written
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2020-basic-questions/

I checked the link. I still didn't find the answer. Yes I am doing CP. I submitted the DS-260 and got the confirmation. So do i wait for the email from KCC on their request to pay the fee and submit the documents? Also, for the police report, do i get it from Department of Public Safety of the state I am residing or FBI report? I have not lived in my native country for 17 years, do i still need to submit the police report from back home or can i still use the old one that i have before coming to US? Thanks in advance.

I checked the link. I still didn't find the answer. Yes I am doing CP. I submitted the DS-260 and got the confirmation. So do i wait for the email from KCC on their request to pay the fee and submit the documents? Also, for the police report, do i get it from Department of Public Safety of the state I am residing or FBI report? I have not lived in my native country for 17 years, do i still need to submit the police report from back home or can i still use the old one that i have before coming to US? Thanks in advance.
If you are doing CP you need to follow the links from your selection letter. Somewhere in there it tells you that you pay the fee at the embassy the day of interview. There is also a detailed description of what police reports are needed when, in the section on civil documents. If you are interviewing in your native country you’ll need an updated police report. Nothing from the US. It’s all in there along with all the other info you need.

Hi Everyone,

My wife got selected on the lottery for the DV 2020 and her number is 2020AS000106XX, Foreign State Changeability is Saudi (place of birth) we are living in Saudi with our kids, my question is:

1- My wife's nationality is Yemeni and myself as well, So is there a possibility to be rejected because of the US administration ban for the Yemeni citizens?
2- My wife has a bachelor degree in software engineering, she is under my sponsorship in Saudi and she is not allowed to have a full-time job! sometimes she works as a freelancer with my support since I'm an engineer as well, so what should I choose on the primary occupation(unemployed/homemaker or what)?
3- if I applied to that visa with her does that means I've to declare that whenever I apply for a visa even if my wife was selected and not me?

I really appreciate your help in answering my question

Hi Everyone,

My wife got selected on the lottery for the DV 2020 and her number is 2020AS000106XX, Foreign State Changeability is Saudi (place of birth) we are living in Saudi with our kids, my question is:

1- My wife's nationality is Yemeni and myself as well, So is there a possibility to be rejected because of the US administration ban for the Yemeni citizens?
2- My wife has a bachelor degree in software engineering, she is under my sponsorship in Saudi and she is not allowed to have a full-time job! sometimes she works as a freelancer with my support since I'm an engineer as well, so what should I choose on the primary occupation(unemployed/homemaker or what)?
3- if I applied to that visa with her does that means I've to declare that whenever I apply for a visa even if my wife was selected and not me?

I really appreciate your help in answering my question

1. Yes the travel ban is still in effect as of now. I’m sorry your wife’s selection will not lead to an approval unless she’s a dual citizen of another country that is not one of the the travel ban countries.

2. Whatever you choose makes no difference, use your discretion.

3. Yes.

Just had KCC to unlock my DS and found out that now I have to add my social media info too, weird o_O

What do they mean by "social media identifier"? is it the name of the channel / page or the actual link?
My Youtube ID is a long series of letters and numbers, should I just put the name of the channel?

Last edited: