• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I also have this question about job related in the DS 260.

-In a case where you didn't select or input any job in your DS 260, will it affect your chances of making it to the interview?

-Still you had a couple of jobs in the past 3 years but you completely lost contact with your employers, i know its crazy!! and some of which wasn't registered with the government, Do you think its advisable to leave out this section of job related blank since you wont have the necessary contacts to fill in??

-Lastly in a case where your father is of late and you cant remember or better still you dont know his date of birth but you can that of your mother whose still alive, do you think not knowing that of your father might affect you in one way or the other?

Like Susie already noted above, leaving work experience section blank when you’ve had some actual work experience will not prevent you from being scheduled for an interview but it could be viewed as an attempt at withholding pertinent information especially if your background check reveals those and could potentially negatively impact the outcome for your interview.

My recommendation is to list those and use whatever contact information you had when you worked with those organizations.

Hey all!
I forgot to put in my DS260 2 jobs from 2018, one in which I worked 3 days and the other one I worked 2 days (on call jobs from Manpower so technically my employer will be Manpower right?), and one from 2017 in which I worked just one day, should I include them all?
Also, in 2 months more or less I will be traveling to US for just a night and then go back to Canada to activate my work permit (that way I won't get the flagpole stamp again), should I ask KCC to re-unlock it or should I just tell them all of this on the day of the interview (maybe at the window before getting called by the counselor)

In this specific case, I think leaving out information about about 2 or 3 days of work with an organization is not going to be an issue. I wouldn’t worry about this.

In this specific case, I think leaving out information about about 2 or 3 days of work with an organization is not going to be an issue. I wouldn’t worry about this.

Thank you Mom!

What do you think about the other question?
In a few months I will need to go to US for literally 1 night and come back so I can activate my Canadian work permit, Should I ask KCC to re unlock my ds just so I can add this? That will slow the process in my opinion, plus I don’t even know if at that point they will unlock the form for me..

Would you say the same for an unpaid 2 month work internship? Since it is unpaid and therefore wouldn’t be recorded with the tax office?

Hello, my wife is a selectee with num AS24***. We currently reside in the US with H1B.

We have daughters who were born here in the states and they are US citizens. We didn't include our daughters in the DV lottery, when she was filling the DV lottery in the first place, as the DV lottery said it is not required to add those who are already citizens in the lottery.

But then, when we were filling the DS260, the question for kids, she didn't include the daughters, and said '0' kids, but, when I filled my DS260, I included my girls and checked they are not immigrating with us, since they already US citizens.

So my question is, will this discrepancy of one spouse said has kids but kids not immigrating, and the main dv selectee says "0" kids? Should we try to unlock our DS260 to fix this discrepancy?

Thank you.

Thank you Mom!

What do you think about the other question?
In a few months I will need to go to US for literally 1 night and come back so I can activate my Canadian work permit, Should I ask KCC to re unlock my ds just so I can add this? That will slow the process in my opinion, plus I don’t even know if at that point they will unlock the form for me..

Not sure what you mean by “slow down the process”. Precisely when are you entering the US and what is your CN?

Would you say the same for an unpaid 2 month work internship? Since it is unpaid and therefore wouldn’t be recorded with the tax office?

What Susie said above ^^^ .

Tax information is irrelevant to the need to accurately state work experience on the form.

Hello, my wife is a selectee with num AS24***. We currently reside in the US with H1B.

We have daughters who were born here in the states and they are US citizens. We didn't include our daughters in the DV lottery, when she was filling the DV lottery in the first place, as the DV lottery said it is not required to add those who are already citizens in the lottery.

But then, when we were filling the DS260, the question for kids, she didn't include the daughters, and said '0' kids, but, when I filled my DS260, I included my girls and checked they are not immigrating with us, since they already US citizens.

So my question is, will this discrepancy of one spouse said has kids but kids not immigrating, and the main dv selectee says "0" kids? Should we try to unlock our DS260 to fix this discrepancy?

Thank you.

Your wife needs to unlock her DS260 form and update the information to match yours - yours is accurately filled, hers is not. The number of children needs to be stated and their info listed on the DS 260 form, even if they’re not migrating with you on the basis of their already being USC.

Not sure what you mean by “slow down the process”. Precisely when are you entering the US and what is your CN?

My CN is 6xxx and I would need to enter the US hopefully around the 2nd week of July, 2019.

With “slow down the process” I mean:
if they started to check my DS 260 already this will stop them as I asked them to unlock it and then I’ll re-submit it again, BUT it’s just my guess, I’m new to this so I’m not too sure about it. Or maybe if they are “processing” my ds260 I can’t unlock it?

Ok thanks! I will email KCC to unlock my DS260 form and will add in my unpaid internship. Does it also matter if the dates don’t match exactly as I don’t remember the exact date I started working in some jobs but I entered the information as accurate as I possibly can.

My CN is 6xxx and I would need to enter the US hopefully around the 2nd week of July, 2019.

With “slow down the process” I mean:
if they started to check my DS 260 already this will stop them as I asked them to unlock it and then I’ll re-submit it again, BUT it’s just my guess, I’m new to this so I’m not too sure about it. Or maybe if they are “processing” my ds260 I can’t unlock it?

Well since you didn’t include your region, I have no clue what 6xxx represents.

Anyway, updating information such as is this minor enough such that it wouldn’t impact the DS260 form processing. The only time KCC may not be able to unlock a form is when the CN has already been updated.

Ok thanks! I will email KCC to unlock my DS260 form and will add in my unpaid internship. Does it also matter if the dates don’t match exactly as I don’t remember the exact date I started working in some jobs but I entered the information as accurate as I possibly can.

Guesstimating as close as possible is good enough.

Hello everyone
I'm a new member I've been selected for further processing for the year 2020 my CN is 2020AF1***, after submitting my DS260 I realized that i've made a mistake.. so I'm sudanese born in ksa but I've mistakenly chosen sudan as my country of chargeability how can i overcome this problem and if there's anything i can do to solve it.

Hello everyone
I'm a new member I've been selected for further processing for the year 2020 my CN is 2020AF1***, after submitting my DS260 I realized that i've made a mistake.. so I'm sudanese born in ksa but I've mistakenly chosen sudan as my country of chargeability how can i overcome this problem and if there's anything i can do to solve it.

Sorry to say, there’s no way to rectify this error in your case. Sudan is under the AF region while Saudi Arabia is AS, your CN would have been ASxxxx assuming you entered the right chargeability country and were subsequently selected.

Sorry to say, there’s no way to rectify this error in your case. Sudan is under the AF region while Saudi Arabia is AS, your CN would have been ASxxxx assuming you entered the right chargeability country and were subsequently selected.
what if both of my parents were borned in sudan can it help? Or maybe send them and email to inform them...Or will i get an immediate disqualification?

I can't get the results of 2020 greencard lottery even though I entered the details correctly. It always says error

Well since you didn’t include your region, I have no clue what 6xxx represents.

Anyway, updating information such as is this minor enough such that it wouldn’t impact the DS260 form processing. The only time KCC may not be able to unlock a form is when the CN has already been updated.

I apologize Mom, region is EU.

what if both of my parents were borned in sudan can it help? Or maybe send them and email to inform them...Or will i get an immediate disqualification?

Cross charging to parents’s country of birth will not work because you have to be born in a non eligible country while your parents are temporarily stationed in there. This is not applicable in your case because SA is an eligible country.

Sending an email and trying to explain your situation is pointless, KCC will still go ahead and schedule an interview if your CN becomes current. However, the CO will most definitely deny you for charging to a wrong region. Save yourself some unnecessary stress and save your resources, forget about this selection as the outcome is clearly a disqualification/denial. Look forward to going it another shot for 2021.