• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hey people!
at the question:
"Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?"
I couldn't find that number on my previous Q1 Visa, I then found the old petition document for it and it says that it's a non immigrant visa (which it doesn't say on the visa attached to the passport though). I never heard about it, maybe Q1 Visa don't get that number assigned?

I was on my phone earlier so didn't look for the list - see item 5 on https://lk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/149/DV-Check-list-sept-2018.pdf . Not many consulates require I134s, but many consulates do have their own instructions about certain things that may not be general (SL has further country-specific instructions on the second page of that link, as an example) so one must always check own-embassy requirements.
I checked for my country and it seems there is nothing to add in addition to what I see in Travel.State.Gov

Hey people!
at the question:
"Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?"
I couldn't find that number on my previous Q1 Visa, I then found the old petition document for it and it says that it's a non immigrant visa (which it doesn't say on the visa attached to the passport though). I never heard about it, maybe Q1 Visa don't get that number assigned?
Same here, I got a tourism visa B1/B2 and I didn't find any Alien Registration so I put No (I don't even know what is it)

Interesting, sounds like someone in Germany is not paying attention. It’s a clear contradiction to the FAM, unless the requirements to get into German university are more difficult for Germans than getting into a US college (which, again, is the guideline).. @Britsimon , any thoughts?

Edit, as an example: U Colorado says “Students who complete the 13th year and receive the Abitur may be eligible to receive some university-level course credit.” Which means you don’t need the full 13 years for entry to US college. That may explain it. @OnTheGo , did any of these successful applicants you mention do evening or other part time high school? That was more my concern.

There is quite a bit of localized "judgement" being applied all over the world. Cameroon is approving people who finished school at 16, and they are not they only case. So, I'm not that surprised to read about the difference in Germany. In the end it is up to each embassy to decide the level required, and there is some inbuilt ambiguity.

If I look at this from the UK system, there used to be GCSEs and then A levels. GCSEs (or O levels) were usually completed at age 16, then two more years (optional in my day, not optional now) of A levels. Passing A levels was the requirement for UK university entry, and since a UK Uni course is theoretically the same as US college (i.e. both systems award a Bachelors) it could be assumed that A level passes are equivalent to US high school. HOWEVER, the UK Uni system also commonly takes just 3 years to get a Bachelors, 1 year less than US college. So you could argue that a 17 year old UK student is at the same level as an 18 year old US HS graduate. It is for reasons like these that there is some level of variance from country to country.

I decided to wait for my number to become current here in the US and then adjust the status. I am international student on F1 visa, my OPT expires July 9th. I plan to become a student again and continue education in July, plus going to work part time for my current employer. This second diploma is unwanted (I just got MS last year) and costly (around 20K). Do u have any suggestions for cheap schools, different threads or if smn was in similar situation please respond how u dealt with it. Great thanks!

I decided to wait for my number to become current here in the US and then adjust the status. I am international student on F1 visa, my OPT expires July 9th. I plan to become a student again and continue education in July, plus going to work part time for my current employer. This second diploma is unwanted (I just got MS last year) and costly (around 20K). Do u have any suggestions for cheap schools, different threads or if smn was in similar situation please respond how u dealt with it. Great thanks!

If your OPT is set to expire on July 9th, what’s the basis of the part time work you plan on engaging in after that date?

IMO it sounds like it would make more sense for you to go home and process CP. You wouldn't be spending money on a diploma you don't want, and you are very likely to get your green card sooner than you would if you AOS.

Hi guys! It's me again with my not very intelligent questions lol.

My case # is 3xxx but I won't be able to go to an interview in October-November accordingly. So, I've sent my ds already, when KCC asks to submit all scans, I should wait until November-December to do so in order to get an interview for January for instance? Is it usually within a month?

Or what should I do when the time comes? Please, advice. Thank you in advance!

IMO it sounds like it would make more sense for you to go home and process CP. You wouldn't be spending money on a diploma you don't want, and you are very likely to get your green card sooner than you would if you AOS.
My number is high(. So if it won`t become current at least I will have option of filing H1B. Decisions, decisions..

My number is high(. So if it won`t become current at least I will have option of filing H1B. Decisions, decisions..

You are aware H1B is allocated by lottery and has particular dates from which the visas will be effective? It’s not an on-demand visa. Anyway, at least you have some plan B I guess.

An I-134 requirement is explicitly stated on the Sri Lanka US embassy’s website - so the need for this goes beyond a case of “someone said”.

Your sponsor is concerned with including SSN on the I-134. Do they plan on providing you with their W-2 or 1099 and government issued ID, or they’re only providing you with a non-properly filled I-134?

My Sponsor is ready to provide the tax return

My Sponsor is ready to provide the tax return

Are they planning on redacting their SSN on the tax return in that case? I find it weird they’re willing to provide their tax return which contains so much details about their financial capabilities but they’re not willing to include the SSN on the I-134.

Hi guys,
My number is 9xxx. Is there any chance for me to be invited for the interview?
Thanks!

It is hard to hazard a guess as to who will or will not become current since we currently have no idea of the number of selectees for DV2020. There’s also the fact that you’ve chosen to not indicate the region you’re chargeable to. Makes it much more difficult.

It is hard to hazard a guess as to who will or will not become current since we currently have no idea of the number of selectees for DV2020. There’s also the fact that you’ve chosen to not indicate the region you’re chargeable to. Makes it much more difficult.
Thank you! I missed to say that this number is for Asia.

Are they planning on redacting their SSN on the tax return in that case? I find it weird they’re willing to provide their tax return which contains so much details about their financial capabilities but they’re not willing to include the SSN on the I-134.

I think he is planning whiteout the SSN in the tax return

I think he is planning whiteout the SSN in the tax return

Like I said, I find it rather strange someone is willing to provide detailed financial information about themselves but they’re not willing to disclose their SSN.

Anyway, I don’t know if the omission could lead to a rejection of the I-134.

Like I said, I find it rather strange someone is willing to provide detailed financial information about themselves but they’re not willing to disclose their SSN.

Anyway, I don’t know if the omission could lead to a rejection of the I-134.

He owns a company and happy to help me out. But he is very concerned about disclosing his SSN. Also, I find it very reasonable since SSN seems very sensitive and confidential.

In my situation, this is a huge help because I don't know anyone in the US. I hope the visa officer will understand. Let's wait and see.