• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Actually the revised general requirements are 2 years. But you should confirm if Sri lanka follows the general ones.

Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than two years ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
Well noted. Thanks for clarification

Actually the revised general requirements are 2 years. But you should confirm if Sri lanka follows the general ones.

Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than two years ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
I submitted all documents in January 2020.I received CE June 2020.thatsway I asked about my PC.2years not for my Pc yet.Uour answer means I dont want to take new one.Am I correct ?..
Thank you your response .

Warna

I still have just a bit of hope, but not that much to think about PC renewal now.
If it's difficult and long process to get it in your country, than try to get a new one, if it's going to bring some inner peace for you.
If it's easy to take it, then renew it if something actually happens.

Warna

I still have just a bit of hope, but not that much to think about PC renewal now.
If it's difficult and long process to get it in your country, than try to get a new one, if it's going to bring some inner peace for you.
If it's easy to take it, then renew it if something actually happens.
Thank you very much..

I'm sure you guys have heard by now that the Gomez case DV2020 is now officially included in the July 19th hearing. I had previously explained it would be under consideration on that date, but now it is "official".

I'm sure you guys have heard by now that the Gomez case DV2020 is now officially included in the July 19th hearing. I had previously explained it would be under consideration on that date, but now it is "official".
Yea
I was monitoring on twitter when Curtis nearly challenged you that its not included. You are a genius!

@Britsimon ,Please we also heard about the appropriation committee bill. Can it be useful to dv2020 when it is passed into law. I have read it on foxnews but i dont understand anything said in the bill.

Hi Everyone,
Who knows what is the news from the 4.5 hours of earing

Hi Everyone,
Who knows what is the news from the 4.5 hours of earing ???
Charles Kuck and his team says ,its not predictable
But thinks we might get judgment earlier ( July ending ) or in the month of September.
Coz Judge Mehta August is busy with the insurrection cases.
All that we need is a hope of win (from every indication we are wining )but not the time it will take to pass the judgment . Gomez took about 6 weeks

I have a question
I'm a DV2020 winner from AF region and I'm waiting for Judge Metha decision, I think I have a good chance to get one of the 9095 visa reserved as I'm in the next batch (finger crossed) and I hope the judge revises this number to more
I will have my interview in Montreal embassy which is one of the worst
My question is, I always hear that the CN are scheduled for interview based on numbers, can my CN be delayed because Montreal embassy is slow? in other words, can someone with a CN higher than mine get scheduled before me because their embassy is going faster than Montreal embassy?

Thank you