• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I'm in group 4, AF339XX and ready to schedule since Feb 2020. I thought I'm in next batch if gov processes visa in CN order but now I'm curious with the judge decision to process the cases in a random manner

I have 2 questions:

1) I changed work, do I need to update my DS260?

2) My interview is in Montreal embassy which is one of the worst. Would this impact my chance to get the interview? I still have the option to transfer my case to my country of birth in Africa

Thank you
1. No
2. We have to wait and see whether the DV2020 cases are treated with mission critical status (not tier 4). Under mission critical, Montreal will handle DV interviews, whereas under Tier4 they are currently not. This will become more clear next week.

I'm curious how many DV2020 applicants are still keeping an eye on the process. I'm sure there will be some who have abandoned DV, chose different path in life.

Is it know how many people participate in project voyager?

1. No
2. We have to wait and see whether the DV2020 cases are treated with mission critical status (not tier 4). Under mission critical, Montreal will handle DV interviews, whereas under Tier4 they are currently not. This will become more clear next week.
tier 4 means group 4?
And of Montreal embassy processes DV visas under mission critical means groups do not matter?

WBA

no, embassies prioritize other types of immigrant visas over DV. DV is on 4th level according to this priority scheme, that's why some of the embassies, like Montreal for instance, do not process DV cases.

Under mission critical, they would process DV cases as a priority.

WBA

no, embassies prioritize other types of immigrant visas over DV. DV is on 4th level according to this priority scheme, that's why some of the embassies, like Montreal for instance, do not process DV cases.

Under mission critical, they would process DV cases as a priority.
Agree but embassies do not process DV visas the same way, some are faster than others

It is clear in June 2020 when I became current KCC could not see my documents even after sending 2019 October and several resend in 2021 . I later called and they found them (if that was true) .status by 30th September was nvc... kcc said they had been sent to relevant department. What do I do to benefit from 9095? Do I resend and when

We are asked by the lawyers to exercise patience till we get a final guideline from the department of state. Mr Curtis has sent an email to government's attorneys and they are yet to reply him. In his mail, he asked four important questions that if answered will definitely go a long to help us.
I think judge asked the two parties to come with a decision on how to process the visas and the timeline latest by August 25.
Still fingers crossed.
It is clear in June 2020 when I became current KCC could not see my documents even after sending 2019 October and several resend in 2021 . I later called and they found them (if that was true) .status by 30th September was nvc... kcc said they had been sent to relevant department. What do I do to benefit from 9095? Do I resend and when

We are asked by the lawyers to exercise patience till we get a final guideline from the department of state. Mr Curtis has sent an email to government's attorneys and they are yet to reply him. In his mail, he asked four important questions that if answered will definitely go a long to help us.
I think judge asked the two parties to come with a decision on how to process the visas and the timeline latest by August 25.
Still fingers crossed.
June 2020* resent 2020*

Without knowing any other input than what is here, my first response to that is that maybe that is what they think is the first FY they can issue the full allotment of remaining Dv2020 visas without concurrently adversely affecting DV issuance of the “correct” FY they are in. Embassies are clearly not going to be back to normal operations in 5 weeks for FY22.

Without knowing any other input than what is here, my first response to that is that maybe that is what they think is the first FY they can issue the full allotment of remaining Dv2020 visas without concurrently adversely affecting DV issuance of the “correct” FY they are in. Embassies are clearly not going to be back to normal operations in 5 weeks for FY22.
Yes it makes sense what you are saying, but if that's true, another year of ambiguity will be really difficult.

Yes that is their position, but it's wrapped up in an illogical perception (that they could somehow slow down or stop DV2023, which of course would be contrary to the law). It won't stand. They just need to treat DV2020 as mission critical, which the order itself points out as being a failing of the government. It says "Defendants’ COVID-19 guidance arbitrarily excluded DV-2020 applicants from eligibility for mission-critical and emergency services".

So - I hope the legal team will fight for MC status for DV2020, and in that way could process DV2020 cases over the first few months of DV2022.

Brilliant submissions guys. I second the idea of a mission critical status for dv 2020. Next week is just by the corner. We've waited long enough to get here. Surely, there's light at the end of the tunnel.
The legal is relentless on their efforts for a fair decision. Britsimon has been huge throughout. Kudos to all of u.
Let's be more patient

Yes that is their position, but it's wrapped up in an illogical perception (that they could somehow slow down or stop DV2023, which of course would be contrary to the law). It won't stand. They just need to treat DV2020 as mission critical, which the order itself points out as being a failing of the government. It says "Defendants’ COVID-19 guidance arbitrarily excluded DV-2020 applicants from eligibility for mission-critical and emergency services".

So - I hope the legal team will fight for MC status for DV2020, and in that way could process DV2020 cases over the first few months of DV2022.
Then, given the status of many embassies, that necessarily jeopardizes some DV22 applicants?

Then, given the status of many embassies, that necessarily jeopardizes some DV22 applicants?

Well that's a possible outcome, but so be it. The whole thing is a mess, and it will take time to clear up.

DV2020 was affected first and trailblazed the legal path to a resolution. That resolution will help DV2021 (which will be a disaster without a preservation of visas) , and DV2022 which is almost certain to be impacted by Covid.

We are about to see very few interviews in October, and I believe the same will happen in Nov and Dec. That is a traditional quiet time and the lack of effort into getting DV2022 cases DQ, along with Tier 4 priority means DV2022 has problems anyway. The most hopeful "solution" for DV2022 is that Judge Mehta orders the end of the tier 4 craziness in DV2021 in such a forceful way that the government actually changes it's position. If not, there will be DV2022 lawsuits, because the prioritization of DV in tier4 is just as "arbitrary and capricious". So this could be going on for a while yet, but the government need to recognize that DV has a deadline, while other cases do not. If they want to break the lawsuit cycle, they will deal with this decisively.

Brilliant submissions guys. I second the idea of a mission critical status for dv 2020. Next week is just by the corner. We've waited long enough to get here. Surely, there's light at the end of the tunnel.
The legal is relentless on their efforts for a fair decision. Britsimon has been huge throughout. Kudos to all of u.
Let's be more patient
Britsimon has Made this suggestion on Twitter to Curtis but it looks as if f he has not noticed it.

I'm in group 4, AF339XX and ready to schedule since Feb 2020. I thought I'm in next batch if gov processes visa in CN order but now I'm curious with the judge decision to process the cases in a random manner

I have 2 questions:

1) I changed work, do I need to update my DS260?

2) My interview is in Montreal embassy which is one of the worst. Would this impact my chance to get the interview? I still have the option to transfer my case to my country of birth in Africa

Thank you
I would like to know how you are grouping case numbers, which is group one from which case to which case