• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

All travel processes are seamless
Just got my LPR stamp a few minutes ago
All airports and CBP officials are warm
Thanks everyone for being part of this community, the ups and downs
More appreciation to our active members and our lead moderators
Be blessed to all
Happy for you I wish you all the best!!

All travel processes are seamless
Just got my LPR stamp a few minutes ago
All airports and CBP officials are warm
Thanks everyone for being part of this community, the ups and downs
More appreciation to our active members and our lead moderators
Be blessed to all

Congrats man! I can't imagine how draining that was mentally throughout the year but glad it worked out in the end.

2. As long as you are principal, not filing for your wife will not affect your application. (In fact if you are separating, even if not official yet, she shouldn’t be getting a derivative visa as your spouse.)
Susie,

The attached picture is from the CEAC page prior to filing the DS-260. So for my wife's application, should I just leave it unopened and not fill it even? and just fill mine?

Attachments

• CAEC Picture 2.png
    CAEC Picture 2.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 34
Susie,

The attached picture is from the CEAC page prior to filing the DS-260. So for my wife's application, should I just leave it unopened and not fill it even? and just fill mine?
Yes, just leave it. You may want to email KCC so they know it won’t be completed/that she won’t accompany you

Hi,
I have planned to depart to the US next week, however, before my departure, I have tried to pay the USCIS immigrant fee but it saying 'We could not find the A-Number and/or DOS Case ID you entered'. my visa was issued last September. they gave me a document that has a field for A Number and DOS ID but it's empty. So I used the passport stamp Registration Number and Case number.

Hi,
I have planned to depart to the US next week, however, before my departure, I have tried to pay the USCIS immigrant fee but it saying 'We could not find the A-Number and/or DOS Case ID you entered'. my visa was issued last September. they gave me a document that has a field for A Number and DOS ID but it's empty. So I used the passport stamp Registration Number and Case number.
Using this? You noted the bits about 9 digits/leaving off the two digits at end respectively?

You can also find your A-Number and DOS Case ID on the visa stamp (also called a visa foil) in your passport, as shown in the picture below.

• Your A-Number is identified as the Registration Number on your visa stamp. If your A-Number is fewer than 9 digits, insert a zero after the “A” and before the first digit to create a 9-digit number. For example, “A12345678” would become “A012345678.”
  • Your DOS Case ID is identified as the IV Case Number on your visa stamp. However, please note the IV Case Number has two additional numbers at the end, such as 01 or 02. When entering the IV Case Number as the DOS Case ID, do not include the last two numbers. For example, if your IV Case Number is “ABC1234567801,” you would enter your DOS Case ID as “ABC12345678” (do not include the “01”).

So I officially entered the USA on March 07th.
For now just waiting for Greencard and Social security to be mailed to my address hopefully.

Thanks to all moderators and commenters here.
Hoping for the best for myself n everyone.
Great and welcome.
Your SSN will be delivered anytime soon. Received mine on my 4th day here
Green card will take a while

Dear All Dv 2020 lucky winners,

I just heard that to get your SSN you need to provide a job offer. It has happend to two ppl who came by GC on 2020 March.. Did the same happend to any of u? How long it took for yoy to get GC n SSN?

I just heard that to get your SSN you need to provide a job offer. It has happend to two ppl who came by GC on 2020 March.. Did the same happend to any of u? How long it took for yoy to get GC n SSN?
Most dv guys applied for ssn at the ds260 stage
It will be delivered to the mail address you provided
You don't even need to follow up
Got mine on my 4th day here

And employers will give you jobs even before the arrival of your ssn if you get a job before it is delivered
There is a window period to update your ssn after you get your job offer or start working
For employment all that is critical is your unexpired passport with a valid i551 stamp and your machine readable visa

Most dv guys applied for ssn at the ds260 stage
It will be delivered to the mail address you provided
You don't even need to follow up
Got mine on my 4th day here
If you didn't tick the SSN application box on your ds260 then you need to contact your local social security office
They'll give you an appointment to visit their office with your valid passport with your i551 stamp on it still valid (under 1 year) and your machine readable visa
Then they will initiate the process for you

If you didn't tick the SSN application box on your ds260 then you need to contact your local social security office
They'll give you an appointment to visit their office with your valid passport with your i551 stamp on it still valid (under 1 year) and your machine readable visa
Then they will initiate the process for you
hi.. thanks alot for info... when did u come to USA n how long it took for u to collect GC n SSN?