• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Moderators
Please give me advice as I sent the required documents on November 11, 2019 and received an automatic reply from the KCC that they received the documents.
As of today, I have not received an email stating that they have reviewed the documents even though there are many people whose their case number is greater than me and they have received the email review. My CN 2020AF00039XXX
I sent to the KCC Email to inquire about the reason for their delay in responding and their replay for my inquiry was the following:
After sending documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, you will receive an automatic reply to your email. If there are no attachments, the auto reply explains there are no documents attached to the email. If there are attachments, the auto reply explains we received your email and are currently processing your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.

The next bulletin (April 2020) is expected to include my case number If the added cases are with the same percentage of March bulletin

What do you think the reason for the delay? Would you send them ask them again, would it have an effect? Should I do anything?

Sorry to interrupt the docs/dates/interview chat...

We’re planning an activation trip in April. Couple questions:
-does the USCIS fee only pertain to the procurement of our green cards (by that I mean will we get sent our social security cards regardless?)
-we plan to have a short trip to activate, then move properly around 11 months later. As I understand it, our green cards won’t be made/sent until we pay the fee. If we wait and pay the fee when we properly move (I.e next March), would that be better as we’ll have a better idea of what our permanent address will be?

Hi Moderators
Please give me advice as I sent the required documents on November 11, 2019 and received an automatic reply from the KCC that they received the documents.
As of today, I have not received an email stating that they have reviewed the documents even though there are many people whose their case number is greater than me and they have received the email review. My CN 2020AF00039XXX
I sent to the KCC Email to inquire about the reason for their delay in responding and their replay for my inquiry was the following:
After sending documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, you will receive an automatic reply to your email. If there are no attachments, the auto reply explains there are no documents attached to the email. If there are attachments, the auto reply explains we received your email and are currently processing your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.

The next bulletin (April 2020) is expected to include my case number If the added cases are with the same percentage of March bulletin

What do you think the reason for the delay? Would you send them ask them again, would it have an effect? Should I do anything?
You are already current

-does the USCIS fee only pertain to the procurement of our green cards (by that I mean will we get sent our social security cards regardless?)
-we plan to have a short trip to activate, then move properly around 11 months later. As I understand it, our green cards won’t be made/sent until we pay the fee. If we wait and pay the fee when we properly move (I.e next March), would that be better as we’ll have a better idea of what our permanent address will be?

I’m not sure I get the logic of getting the SS cards sent but not the green cards, if it’s an address issue?
Yes you are correct the plastic cards will only be sent once you’ve paid the fee. I wouldn’t suggest waiting till 11 months. Things can and do go wrong occasionally and if you, or one of you, ends up being one of those people who wait 2 or 3 or even 6 months for a GC, your temporary green card will be long out of date and you’ll have no current proof of status after the one year anniversary date of your landing. Actually 2 months wait is common and even that puts you with no proof of status on your proposed timeline.

March bulletin was till 30700, so I expect to be current in April bulletin
The problem that I do not received an email from KCC to inform me that they reviewed my documents

We have seen many cases where the cards were sent to the address on the DS260 even though the immigrant updated USCIS with a new address. If the cards are sent to the address you gave in the DS260 and you don't receive them, you pay the $500 per card to replace them. Much better to update your address at the POE with the address of a friend who will hold receive the cards for you and send them to you.

Also, as Susie says you will at some point be without proof of your LPR status.

March bulletin was till 30700, so I expect to be current in April bulletin
The problem that I do not received an email from KCC to inform me that they reviewed my documents
Ah OK, you must be in Egypt then
Your question has been asked many times here and some answered to it in previous posts
Here is an example of answer
I got the automatic reply just after I sent my documents. On Feb 6th I got the email confirmation that my documents have been received because my CN is going to be current in the next VB.
I think there is nothing to worry about in your situation, KCC will send you the email couple of days/weeks before your CN gets current. When I was wondering why I still didn't get the email after I sent the document a long while ago, I called KCC and they told me exactly what I mentioned above. You can still call them to confirm again
If your CN is going to become current in the next VB, you will get the confirmation email soon, so no need to worry.
Good luck!!

Ah OK, you must be in Egypt then
Your question has been asked many times here and some answered to it in previous posts
Here is an example of answer

If your CN is going to become current in the next VB, you will get the confirmation email soon, so no need to worry.
Good luck!!

Hi, I haven't sent ds260 yet because of my eu47xxx number. 1.Do you recommend that I send it or wait for more. I ask because I won't be able to apply for a non-immigrant visa if my number doesn't get my turn

Hi, I haven't sent ds260 yet because of my eu47xxx number. 1.Do you recommend that I send it or wait for more. I ask because I won't be able to apply for a non-immigrant visa if my number doesn't get my turn

You haven’t submitted your DS260. You were asking, a week ago, if you should unlock your DS260 and update your passport information though. The form can’t be locked if you’re yet to submit it.

Hello, I changed the passport entered in ds260. Do I need to unlock ds260. If I need to, will KCC process the ds260 again. And as long as I wait, will it be six weeks again

You haven’t submitted your DS260. You were asking, a week ago, if you should unlock your DS260 and update your passport information though. The form can’t be locked if you’re yet to submit it.

Yes, I asked about my friend from another forum. He didn't have a profile on this forum.

[КУОТЕ = "Аидин, пошта: 2516897, члан: 418298"] Ако тражите пријатеља, онда наведите да када постављате питања, када људи постављају питања која су у супротности са њиховим претходним постовима, то само збуњује оне који покушавају да одговоре као и остали читаоци. форума [/ КУОТЕ]
I'm so sorry, i didn't know.

Hi every one, Moderator thanks for the great work, I have a situation i request for advice. My sponsor stays in Missouri and he has told me he is likely to move by June to another address yet his current address is what i have included on the DS-260. I also have another friend who has offered us to stay for sometime as we figure out things. My first question is how can we update the address of where the GC will be delivered on the DS-260 since we intend to move in June, we worried he could move before we receive our Green cards, please note we have been already scheduled for 18th March. 2. Is it of any harm to tell the CO, that we shall be leaving in Seattle but not at the stated place (Sponsor's place as stated in the DS-260). 3. Where is the best place to update the address is it at the interview or at POE.? Thanks

Hi every one, Moderator thanks for the great work, I have a situation i request for advice. My sponsor stays in Missouri and he has told me he is likely to move by June to another address yet his current address is what i have included on the DS-260. I also have another friend who has offered us to stay for sometime as we figure out things. My first question is how can we update the address of where the GC will be delivered on the DS-260 since we intend to move in June, we worried he could move before we receive our Green cards, please note we have been already scheduled for 18th March. 2. Is it of any harm to tell the CO, that we shall be leaving in Seattle but not at the stated place (Sponsor's place as stated in the DS-260). 3. Where is the best place to update the address is it at the interview or at POE.? Thanks

answer to 1 & 3: update the address at interview, check it is correct/change if necessary at POE.
2, no problem

I am a bit confused about BritSimon's advice. In his latest video, he advises everyone to submit their documents asap.
However, many people report that KCC can't even check if their documents are complete if they are not current.
So I am asking for high CNs like mine (EU43k), why should we show immigration intent early if we might miss out AND won't get an answer till we are current anyway?

I thought the timing works like this:
- Send documents => Documents are processed 1-6 weeks later
- VB of e.g. April comes out => everybody whose documents were processed till the end of February will get a 2NL in March

=> If I expect an interview in July, my documents should be processed in May which means I should send them by March/April.

Is this correct?

I am a bit confused about BritSimon's advice. In his latest video, he advises everyone to submit their documents asap.
However, many people report that KCC can't even check if their documents are complete if they are not current.
So I am asking for high CNs like mine (EU43k), why should we show immigration intent early if we might miss out AND won't get an answer till we are current anyway?

I thought the timing works like this:
- Send documents => Documents are processed 1-6 weeks later
- VB of e.g. April comes out => everybody whose documents were processed till the end of February will get a 2NL in March

=> If I expect an interview in July, my documents should be processed in May which means I should send them by March/April.

Is this correct?
If I am not wrong the fact of filling DS-260 is already an immigration intent, so better to send documents as soon as possible to try to grab any chance