• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello,
Is there any problem if after the visa is approved I travel to the USA, to complete the process and after one month I return to my country for 5 months, and then I travel again to the USA?
Do I have to get any special permit or something like that..?

Hello,
Is there any problem if after the visa is approved I travel to the USA, to complete the process and after one month I return to my country for 5 months, and then I travel again to the USA?
As long as I know if you return within 6 months there is nothing wrong. But you may need your green card with you at the POE. But I'm not 100% sure if the visa in your passport will be valid for reentry.
Let us wait for experts

I haven't sent either yet (DS 260 and documents). Not sure if I should wait or not.
Then you need to watch VB trend and act accordingly. But remember whatever is said here is just opinion. You are responsible for your decisions. So weigh all information before you act

Hello,
That’s fine. No special permit needed, a re-entry permit is only needed if you plan to stay out for longer than a year.

for those weighing up waiting, maybe worth keeping at the back of your mind that the new DV selection will be released early May, and KCC will spend the next few months after that swamped by queries and DS submissions from the new DV year. Don’t be surprised if processing times for documents for the current year start slowing down while that happens.

Were there any people who got denial due to public charge before this new public charge rule?

Yes. Public charge concerns have ALWAYS been a part of immigration case processing - including DV. The recent changes do not affect most DV cases - unless the DV case is going through AOS. However, cases being processed outside the USA (Consular Processing) still need to show they will not become a public charge - exactly as it has always been.

@Britsimon in your last video you mentioned that you have talked to KCC and that the end of EU is not affected by the small jump of the last VB. Will you make a video about your new predictions?

Hello all! After my exciting news on the 13th about getting accepted I now have an odd dilemma! Our passports arrived yesterday and my husband’s place of birth was wrong (he’s a dual citizen NZ and UK, was born in England but we used his NZ passport for the visa). I emailed our consulate and they advised to send back the passport and our “Brown envelope” for them to correct his birthplace. Just noticed his case is now on “Ready” with a message about interviewing and I got worried. Will he need to be scheduled for another interview? Should I have used his British passport instead? Bit worried as we were silly and booked flights as soon as our statuses went into “Issued” - oops!

Hello all! After my exciting news on the 13th about getting accepted I now have an odd dilemma! Our passports arrived yesterday and my husband’s place of birth was wrong (he’s a dual citizen NZ and UK, was born in England but we used his NZ passport for the visa). I emailed our consulate and they advised to send back the passport and our “Brown envelope” for them to correct his birthplace. Just noticed his case is now on “Ready” with a message about interviewing and I got worried. Will he need to be scheduled for another interview? Should I have used his British passport instead? Bit worried as we were silly and booked flights as soon as our statuses went into “Issued” - oops!
Wipe the above! It’s already gone into “Issued” - massive phew!! Gosh this whole process has turned me into a nervous wreck!!

Wipe the above! It’s already gone into “Issued” - massive phew!! Gosh this whole process has turned me into a nervous wreck!!
Yeah they're pretty good at fixing things up when they've made an error, looks like you have it all back on track now

Sit back, relax, drink a scotch and breath :)

@Britsimon in your last video you mentioned that you have talked to KCC and that the end of EU is not affected by the small jump of the last VB. Will you make a video about your new predictions?

I think you are making up words and putting them in my mouth - I'm not sure what statement you are referring to - but I did not say that and I don't have "new predictions".

I think you are making up words and putting them in my mouth - I'm not sure what statement you are referring to - but I did not say that and I don't have "new predictions".
Okay, my bad I must have misinterpreted some words then. Looking forward to your new predictions. Thanks for all your support!

Hi everyone! I’m a Eu selected with CN 27XXX. What do you think about Eu situation? I saw on Britsimon’s blog that many people didn’t receive their 2NL email , even if they are current from two months or more. What do you expect from next Vb? Will they increase cases numbers?

Current since two months and no 2NL?! Did these people send incomplete documents?
Hi! Yes they sent complete documents ‘cause they wrote that they have received the email with confirmation documents from KCC at the end of January , so now they are waiting only for 2NL email