• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

I was under the assumption that you neeed to put a SSN on job application forms as proof of being eligible to work in USA

No way. That's the final step, once you have a job offer. Proof of residency/work entitlement is also part of the on-boarding process for a new job.

I was under the assumption that you neeed to put a SSN on job application forms as proof of being eligible to work in USA
You never give out your SSN if you don’t absolutely have to.
Just list you are a LPR. They will check with everify when you have an offer.

Think of your SSN as like your Tax File Number - you wouldnt go around giving that out to anyone and everyone. I'd even say your SSN is more important than your TFN

Till the next Equifax-like breach... I have had SSN for 5 years and it's already "publicly" available in two datasets.
All those pieces of advice: keep your SSN in a safe, only share it if absolutely necessary made sense in 1950s. Today, I'm afraid you are out of luck, even if you try...

In terms of what? You don’t go giving either of those out when you’re just looking for jobs.
He originally posted that he had received his green card and ss number in the one letter. He edited the post when he realised that she had misunderstood and it wasn’t the ss number but his alien registration number.

He originally posted that he had received his green card and ss number in the one letter. He edited the post when he realised that she had misunderstood and it wasn’t the ss number but his alien registration number.
Well the edit made no sense if you missed the original, so I went by his previous post which was about using ssn to apply for jobs.

Yup agree the only reason I knew that he had thought that is because it was in the original email message notification.

So for all those that have done the activation trip already, how long after this did you return for good to the USA?

I’d like to know what the average time is after activation to get your ss card and green card. As I understand it the ss usually comes first followed by the gc as couple of weeks later.

I’d like to know what the average time is after activation to get your ss card and green card. As I understand it the ss usually comes first followed by the gc as couple of weeks later.
Landed, SS was issued 3 days later than received in mail 6 days after that. I am still waiting on my GC.

I think we were lucky this year and no one got left behind or rejected for their visa. It’s exciting to see that the next lot of selectees are getting those same jitters we did and are about to embark on the most nerve wracking couple of months.

It’s been wonderful going on this journey with you all

From memory, there have only been 1 or 2 Oceania selectees rejected over the last five years. It's pretty rare.

From memory, there have only been 1 or 2 Oceania selectees rejected over the last five years. It's pretty rare.
You mean on the forum? Cause it's 120 people out of 728 in DV19 right now (16%). Or in the term of cases: 48 out of 409, which is above 10%. I wouldn't call it "pretty rare".

My recollection of OC denials as reported on the forum is a couple of people who put OC because they live there but were not actually chargeable there, and a few who didn’t meet the education/work requirement. The small sample seems to indicate it’s less rare in OC to not finish high school than elsewhere, which is kinda weird.

Shame that data isnt publicly available, it would be nice if we could see what the denial reasons were - just out of curiosity I suppose.
Might also give us information to better help others in the future, can't see KCC making this available though :-(

Shame that data isnt publicly available, it would be nice if we could see what the denial reasons were - just out of curiosity I suppose.
Might also give us information to better help others in the future, can't see KCC making this available though :-(

KCC won’t have that information. And whoever does will have a section number, not specific details. Someone with time could trawl old threads ...