• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

hi team! Does anyone know how to do the biometrics once you've entered the US? Do you have to have received the green card? Any help appreciated :)

hi team! Does anyone know how to do the biometrics once you've entered the US? Do you have to have received the green card? Any help appreciated :)

Yes as mom says, please clarify, biometrics for what? If you enter on a DV visa then you are a green card holder the moment the CBP officer stamps your passport (there is now a temporary green card in your passport). You usually won't need biometrics again until you apply for citizenship, barring a couple of things (like lose & need to replace green card or apply for re-entry permit).

And as seems stereotypical here....consulate interview was definitely anti-climatic.

Basically, after fingerprints and payment, get called up and CO asks wife and me to raise our hands. Then...approved. No questions other than married/kids. No issues over the military record non-originals. Don't even know if it was my MBA or employment records that got me across the line. Didn't even try to confirm the US address. Nothing.

3 people before me all sent off to get other documents.

Now I'm going to sit beside my letterbox until that package arrives!

And as seems stereotypical here....consulate interview was definitely anti-climatic.

Basically, after fingerprints and payment, get called up and CO asks wife and me to raise our hands. Then...approved. No questions other than married/kids. No issues over the military record non-originals. Don't even know if it was my MBA or employment records that got me across the line. Didn't even try to confirm the US address. Nothing.

3 people before me all sent off to get other documents.

Now I'm going to sit beside my letterbox until that package arrives!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I’m so happy for you Doug and family.

I was about to post the same thing. I am guessing everyone has either activated and moved or is trying to work out what is the next step.

We should have a thread for Oceania folk that are moving.

I think the class of 2019 is nearly done, that is why. I've been here for a few months already, both my wife and I are working now.

But I am definitely keeping on eye on the forum should people need advice etc.

I’m just working my butt off trying to save as much as I can before the move in January and doing some research. Still haven’t received my SSN at my US address and it’s been over a month since activation so that’s annoying. Was really hoping to get it beforehand so I could apply for jobs in advance

I’m just working my butt off trying to save as much as I can before the move in January and doing some research. Still haven’t received my SSN at my US address and it’s been over a month since activation so that’s annoying. Was really hoping to get it beforehand so I could apply for jobs in advance
Mines been two weeks and I’m like eeeek. Did you go thru Lax