• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

But..you did have a visa. That’s what I don’t understand.
Sorry for any misunderstanding I do have the visa printed in my passport like everyone else. It was the woman at the kiosk that kept saying that I didn’t have a visa.

When I went to the kiosk to scan my passport the options were citizen, lpr, esta etc I didn’t know if lpr applied to me yet as I hadn’t activated my residency when I showed her my passport she said I had no visa and to go to the back of the line.

I think its just the machines that check your passport when you first arrive - I was told I didnt need to use them and just to join the queue to see the immigration officer.
I think the machine asks if you have a visa but doesnt recognise the status of our visas on first entry - we're not quite LPRs yet and we dont have an ESTA
Yes this!!!!!!!!

My experience was the same as Aidyn at LAX. I entered customs, there were people there. I showed them my packet and they just directed me to wait in a line and then a secondary line . Probably took me an hour or so. No machines reading my visa.

Going through SFO for my activation trip, they were only directing people who had a previous ESTA with the same passport used previously to use the machines. Though the line to utilise the COs was long, it processed through in less than 2 hours.

I was partially processed at the counter then further directed to a room out the back with another CO. Was there for about 15 minutes; nothing eventful. They took my packet and went into another room while I sat in the waiting area. Came back shortly after and said everything was ok, asked if I had any questions and then was on my way.

Interview questions, specifically for Sydney
- The US Passport Photos x 2. Do you cut them into individual photographs prior to the interview?
- If the interview time is for 1030, will they still let you in at the opening time of 0800?

Ta.

Last edited:
Interview questions, specifically for Sydney
- The US Passport Photos x 2. Do you cut them into individual photographs prior to the interview?
- If the interview time is for 1030, will they still let you in at the opening time of 0800?

Ta.
Hi Doug

I didn’t cut mine, I didn’t want to screw them up in case I cut them wrong.

You will be allowed up a maximum of 30 mins prior to interview time.

Good luck!

Was able to set up a savings account and cheque account with the Bank of America yesterday. Easy peasy and the app is really good too. US bank wasn’t interested in letting me open one till I was a resident for 90 days.

Hi all, wonder if anyone who had been interviewed past 2 weeks and approved by CO; receive their passports back yet?

Interviewed at which consulate?
Pretty sure Zanser said they were interviewing in Sydney
What does your status say on the CEAC site? What date was your interview?
Either way I wouldn't be too concerned, a few weeks is pretty normal. I think I was exceptionally lucky to get mine back within a week but most others have waited at least 2 weeks for CEAC to update to approved then have their passports sent out

Pretty sure Zanser said they were interviewing in Sydney
What does your status say on the CEAC site? What date was your interview?
Either way I wouldn't be too concerned, a few weeks is pretty normal. I think I was exceptionally lucky to get mine back within a week but most others have waited at least 2 weeks for CEAC to update to approved then have their passports sent out
Thanks all! We were interviewed at 13 August in Sydney and status remained " Ready" and only recently changed to " Administrative Processing"like 2 days ago. Noticed that the status update is like every 2 days? Not sure if that's meaningful. Well, we have business trips to plan , that's why just wondering. Our interview went well and the CO did mention we can wait up till 2 weeks. And should they need further information, believe they would have contacted us by now?

Question: Do you get emailed updates on the processing of your green card and social security card via USCIS after activation?

You can create an account on USCIS and add your paper case. That way you can follow the status of your green card. They don't email though.

Took me about a month to get the card.