• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Is there anyway you can get out of work and come down say it’s a family emergency etc

I'd prefer a solution that allows me to change the interview date, rather than lying to my employer. Keeping in mind I've already requested the date change...

I'd prefer a solution that allows me to change the interview date, rather than lying to my employer. Keeping in mind I've already requested the date change...

Not what you want to hear, but many of us had to take appointments at dates that were inconvenient and we just made it work, after all it's a life-changing day. You'll still probably be OK with changing the appointment though unless Sydney has totally changed its way of doing things, which I'd think unlikely.

Not what you want to hear, but many of us had to take appointments at dates that were inconvenient and we just made it work, after all it's a life-changing day.

There's "inconvenient", and then there's "I'll be in a third-world country with a role that doesn't allow me to just take days off".

You'll still probably be OK with changing the appointment though unless Sydney has totally changed its way of doing things, which I'd think unlikely.

That's my thoughts, but I'm having difficulty understanding why I have had no reply in over 2 weeks, even after following up with a call.

Some of us lived in "third world countries" all our lives before we moved to the US and still made it work, but if your job doesn't allow you days off that's ... a different thing I guess. Again, i presume you'll be ok. If you do end up missing it you can probably beg them to reschedule. After all, it's a first world country with a handful of DV winners, not someplace like Ghana that would be impossible.

How are you guys going to handle transfer of money? Unfortunately both the AUD and NZD are taking some hits against the USD.

So I emailed the consulate too early? I have to email them again "4 weeks prior" to when I want to be interviewed.

Generally we cannot schedule visa interviews more than 4 weeks in advance of an interview date. Please email our office 4 weeks prior to when you wish to be interviewed. Please be aware, we cannot guarantee when an appointment will become available, nor can we advise the date or time of when it may be. We can advise that visa interviews occur on Tuesday mornings only.

How are you guys going to handle transfer of money? Unfortunately both the AUD and NZD are taking some hits against the USD.

I don't think you're going to avoid the exchange rate. We've calculated for that when looking at house prices etc.

So I emailed the consulate too early? I have to email them again "4 weeks prior" to when I want to be interviewed.

Generally we cannot schedule visa interviews more than 4 weeks in advance of an interview date. Please email our office 4 weeks prior to when you wish to be interviewed. Please be aware, we cannot guarantee when an appointment will become available, nor can we advise the date or time of when it may be. We can advise that visa interviews occur on Tuesday mornings only.

Yes that what it reads like. Sounds like they can probably accommodate you though.

I meant that technically it is a family emergency in so much as if you can’t make the interview it’s going to be an issue. It’s not like you would be lying to them to go down to be partying etc. Its actually a legitimate reason and I know I’d do everything I could to get there.

It’s great that you have had a response and now can book around when you will be down next. Hopefully they can accommodate for the dates you will be down here. Good luck!

Hi,

We are Australian citizens (born here) and on the DV checklist for the Sydney consulate I note that it says an Australian Citizenship certificate is required? Would that be just for people not born here? I note that they are quite expensive and we would need 5 of them!

Just to double check do I need my photocopies of the original documents signed by a JP before I attend my interview?

CEAC Site issues:

So my wife and I had our interviews in Sydney on 7th May. That went fine and we got the 'You're approved' Now the CEAC status check has finally updated - but it looks like this:

2019OC8xx 01 SYD ISSUED (that's me)
2019OC8xx 02 SYD READY (that's my wife)

So mine says issued and my wife's has gone back to the pre-interview status of 'ready'?

Hmm - Any ideas? Is this how its supposed to be?

Jim...

CEAC Site issues:

So my wife and I had our interviews in Sydney on 7th May. That went fine and we got the 'You're approved' Now the CEAC status check has finally updated - but it looks like this:

So mine says issued and my wife's has gone back to the pre-interview status of 'ready'?

Jim...

It's fine. Be patient, in a day or two it will read Issued.

Finally caught up with all the posts! Congratulations to everyone who has already been approved and good luck to those with interviews around the corner! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at each stage of the process - it has been so helpful and interesting to read!!

I have just received my 2NL for July interview in Sydney (10xx). So excited! :)

Last edited:
CEAC Site issues:

Jim...
Hi Jim- has it changed now?