• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Ok silly question time.... Did y'all prefill out your name and address on the satchel for the return of passports etc for the interview?
I hadn't pre-filled mine when I went but they asked me to fill it in while I was there - so go ahead and fill it in

So if i need to take 6 morphine tablets (i get kidney stones, lucky me). Who do I clear that with? Is that US Customs? Or do i just declare at the customs at the airport as I enter?

Hi Guys

I’m married to an American citizen and this evening I found that instead of the certified copy of my marriage certificate I have the souvenir copy. I have asked my husband to go to the department of marriages and get a proper copy but fear it will not make it to Australia in time for my interview.

Will not having the copy of my license be grounds for denial at the interview?

Am I better off requesting for a later interview date instead and waiting till it gets here?

If I do get the interview date rescheduled will I have to do my medical again?

Thanks guys and good luck everyone.
Hey Mijoro, I got married in Las Vegas and I suspect I have the "Souvenir Copy" of my Marriage Certificate too. I have ordered a Certified Copy of my Marriage Certificate from Clark County. Do you think this will be enough?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hey Mijoro, I got married in Las Vegas and I suspect I have the "Souvenir Copy" of my Marriage Certificate too. I have ordered a Certified Copy of my Marriage Certificate from Clark County. Do you think this will be enough?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Hey Excited

Congratulations on being selected and yup that’s the copy that you need. It’s weird though because parts of the certificate are hand written which is very strange for us Aussies to see.

The copy that you have in your possession should have on the back this is a souvenir copy for your records only. It would have been given to you from the marriage dept and filled in by the minister.

Does your copy have a big silver seal on the bottom of it?

Hey Excited

Congratulations on being selected and yup that’s the copy that you need. It’s weird though because parts of the certificate are hand written which is very strange for us Aussies to see.

The copy that you have in your possession should have on the back this is a souvenir copy for your records only. It would have been given to you from the marriage dept and filled in by the minister.

Does your copy have a big silver seal on the bottom of it?

Thanks Mijoro for your help! I just had a look and it does have a big silver seal on it. Maybe it is the original, it just looks too flamboyant! I guess that's Vegas for you. I ordered a copy anyway just to be safe!

Thanks Mijoro for your help! I just had a look and it does have a big silver seal on it. Maybe it is the original, it just looks too flamboyant! I guess that's Vegas for you. I ordered a copy anyway just to be safe!
Flip it over and read the back. More than likely it’s the souvenir copy

Thanks Mijoro it is a souvenir copy so I will order a certified copy! Can I also ask, I can't find my husbands high school certificate. Will I need to provide it at the interview or just mine since I am the primary applicant? Thanks again everyone for all you help in answering my questions!

Thank You!!!!!

How is your settling in to American life going?
Things are going pretty good over here @Mijoro .. I guess I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about finding a house, getting it set up etc.
I have my bank accounts set up plus a secured credit card to start building my credit file. I got my SSN a week after I arrived and my drivers license was in the mail yesterday.
Just waiting on my green card and a job, I've had a few phone interviews and a face to face - hoping something comes along soon, I'm not the sit at home and relax kinda girl.

Some days I sit here and just smile, I can't believe I'm finally here. It's funny reading all the excited 2020 winners, thinking back to how I was at that time, rushing out and getting everything ready and submitting my DS-260 without taking the time to slow down and learn - I was lucky it didnt impact any of my future visits (I did have to renew my ESTA at one stage and got very nervous)

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Britsimon you guys have the patience of saints, doing this each year - a HUGE sincere thank you for everything you do, you all put my mind at ease several times over the past year, I couldnt have done it without you guys <much love>

How are the interviews over there? Similar to what is done downunder?
Seems to be pretty standard so far, first phone screening with the recruiter, 2nd interview with hiring manager - I haven't gotten any further than that yet but none of the questions have been anything I havent had before.

Wow your SSN arrived quickly so that’s a good thing. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for your GC to come through. It’s great to have watched your journey and now you are settling in nicely.

Has anyone had any luck changing their Consulate interview date? Or simply getting a response from them?

Interview date is June 11, but I'll be overseas with work. I emailed the official email - support-australia@ustraveldocs.com, about an hour after getting my KCC notification. Auto-reply saying I'd get a response in 1-2 days.

A week later I rang the 1300 number, and was told I had to wait for an email reply. It's now been over 2 weeks, and still no response. Trying to think of other options, but not having any luck.