• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

I finally got my interview date, it is early March at 8.30am.

Now to book the medical!

Here's a very good link for any kiwis

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ACK -Auckland.pdf

Also list of required vaccinations

The following vaccinations are required for immigration purposes:

• Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella
Don't think I have the last one
Remember you only need certain ones based on your age

I will just get a list of what I've had and then speak to the medical doctor doing the exam to see what else I need.

I was reading through the list they recommend to read and came across this

It is important that you provide all required original documents and any missing items to
the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland prior to your interview. We’ve created a
checklist that will tell you what to bring. Please print the checklist below and bring it
with the listed documents to the consulate the week before your interview

Wasn't aware you had to drop them off first. Lucky I only live 20 minutes away.

Would that be the copies you uploaded and the originals you take with you on the interview date.

I think this is only for NZ. Not Australia. Different instructions dependent on which consulate you are going to.

The consulate just emailed me very detailed instructions about the entire process from this point further, plus forms needed. So I think I'm good to go now.

Interestingly enough, for proof of education it says you only need proof you completed Year 12 not Year 13. Could be useful for anyone not sure if they need that requirement. I assume it's similar for Australia.

Whats year 13? Never heard of that. I think you need to have "completed" high school, irrespective of how the years work.

Hey guys, so I won the GC lottery and getting worried about my interview date I've done all the paperwork and had the email saying I just have to wait for my interview date email but I'm number 358 and getting a bit nervous.

I called the consulate in Sydney but they wouldn't give me any info over the phone and gave me an email to send my inquiry to which I did last week but haven't heard back yet. I also just emailed the Canberra US Consulate and they gave me another email to send my inquiry to which I did today

Does anybody have an email or phone number I can call that will get me an answer on this?

Thanks,

Julian

All good I checked on the lottery website with my confirmation number again and it says my interview is scheduled for March 5th Woop woop. Now to book in my medical and still trying to find my immunization records which is the only thing I'm worried about now

If you cannot find your records, they will just jab you with them again. (at a cost of course)

My medical is booked for mid feb. Like you, just need to get my immunization records for my wife and I (kids are already sorted)

Re the immunization, you can get a blood test to determine which diseases you have immunity to. You can get it through your local GP and then present that to the panel doctor who can determine what else you might need. That way, you're not getting immunized for things you have have an immunity for.

All good I checked on the lottery website with my confirmation number again and it says my interview is scheduled for March 5th Woop woop. Now to book in my medical and still trying to find my immunization records which is the only thing I'm worried about now
Would be interesting to know if you receive any kind of other interview notification.

Would be interesting to know if you receive any kind of other interview notification.

It would certainly be embassy specific if so. The updating of the ESC page is the only official notification of interview and it has been this way ever since DV switched to electronic entry and notification some years back.

Hi guys a friend of mine from Australia said once she had the interview she only had 8 weeks to get over to get the VISA stamped in the US, I thought they gave you up to 6 months based on when you have your medical, I am having my medical on the 15th Feb and interview is on the 5th March. Do they always give you 6 months from the date of the Medical?

I plan to Hawaii to get my VISA stamped, stay a few days in Hawaii then to LA for a week or so then come back to Aus and save up as much money as I can before moving over. I have heard customs at LAX can be pricks to get your VISA stamped there and that it is much better to go to Hawaii to get the VISA stamped, Any one done it this way?

Cheers.

Hi guys a friend of mine from Australia said once she had the interview she only had 8 weeks to get over to get the VISA stamped in the US, I thought they gave you up to 6 months based on when you have your medical, I am having my medical on the 15th Feb and interview is on the 5th March. Do they always give you 6 months from the date of the Medical?

I plan to Hawaii to get my VISA stamped, stay a few days in Hawaii then to LA for a week or so then come back to Aus and save up as much money as I can before moving over. I have heard customs at LAX can be pricks to get your VISA stamped there and that it is much better to go to Hawaii to get the VISA stamped, Any one done it this way?

Cheers.
Ask your friend how far before her interview did she get her medical done.

As for LAX I’d say it just depends on who you get just like any other point of entry. To be honest there’s more bad reviews on Hawaii than Los Angeles. Perhaps San Francisco is an option.

Cheers.

The 8-week story, two likely possibilities: (1) interview in London, which is the only place afaik that allows people to get medicals without having an interview set and where some people have been caught out having them too far in advance (2) person was put on AP for a long time after interview and it was only sorted out a couple of months before the original medical expired.

As for LAX and visas, there is never an issue with a valid DV (or other immigrant) visa at any POE. Maybe a different type of visa. Or maybe someone’s been spinning a lot of yarn. A number of Aussies in the past on this forum have gone to Hawaii to activate, makes absolutely no difference which POE you use. If you’re planning that route because it’s a fun trip, great. If you’re doing it that way because of something someone said about LAX officials, you’re wasting money. (LAX is a huge airport and often quite painful wrt wait times etc though.)

They can be "pricks" all they want but as your visa is valid they need to let you in. I wouldn't be losing sleep over it.

When we travel in April to activate our visa's. We will fly with Hawaiian airline's via hawaii onwards to Seattle. With Hawaiian airlines you can take Two 70 pound check in bags also.