• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Disregard, finally found it:

Phone: (606) 526-7500
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. EST
Email: KCCDV@state.gov
You must include your name, birthdate and case number exactly as they appear in the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website.

Hi everyone, forgive me if this has been asked before, but I can’t seem to locate the answer....what are the ages required for children’s Fed police checks. As in do I need to submit one for my children under 16 years? It dosnt say an age in the forms check list in the us consulate page. It just feels stupid to do a check on a toddler?

Hi everyone, forgive me if this has been asked before, but I can’t seem to locate the answer....what are the ages required for children’s Fed police checks. As in do I need to submit one for my children under 16 years? It dosnt say an age in the forms check list in the us consulate page. It just feels stupid to do a check on a toddler?
Ok just found answer...
Which Applicants Need to Submit a Police Certificate

Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit all required police certificates to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at his or her interview.

Hey OC folks - I have a question for the AFP police checks. A little confused and read conflicting information so hoping to tap in prior OC selectees who have been through the process. I am not an OC selectee (AS selectee), but I did my undergraduate studies in Melbourne and therefore need a police certificate from Australia.

I am opting for finger print checks as well - it is more expensive and all but I already committed to it, and got my finger prints taken at my local police department to send with my application. I just wanted to confirm the code to use. Someone mentioned 33 - but it would seem like 35 made more sense for this. 33 seems like it is for the Australian Dept of Immigration. So I guess my questions are:

1. 33 or 35? I would think 'all offences' would be best but my concern with 33 is:
2. If 33, will they still mail me the certificate? My consulate (Montreal) doesn't accept directly mailing to them. I need to bring it in myself. Or will they even delay the processing if they don't agree with 33 + fingerprinting.

Thanks!

I found out the answer via a call and email to AFP.

This is the email response:

Hi [my name],

Thank you for your email.

Doing a name and finger print check and using Code 33 will give you the correct certificate for US immigration purposes.

Regards,

I know some of you have not done the fingerprint check and still got through no problem so take it for what its worth. This is probably helpful information for anyone who don't want to risk any chance for AP if the CO decided he or she prefers fingerprint checks.

Hope it helps!

Majority of us got through without fingerprint checks, myself included. I haven't heard of an Aussie yet who got put on AP for having a Code 33 check with no fingerprints.

BUT, if you're interviewing towards the end of the DV year, it's worth covering all bases.

I used to work for the AFP...they are very good at making stuff up, so I honestly wouldn't rely on their information over what is provided by the US Dept of State.

So this police check etc, the best time to do this would be after you have an interview date correct?

Actually i probably also need to get a UK one since i was there in 2017 so i need to remember to do that.

I see Trump is ranting about the Dv lottery again.

I changed my last name when my mother remarried and I was 17 but it’s been changed on my birth certificate. Do I need to get an AFP check on my birth name too?

Does anyone know how long it takes for KCC to "unlock" the 260 form so I can update it? Emailed them last week, after waiting for the portal to be fixed, (for 2 weeks). They acknowledged my email on August 1st.

So the 2019 first issue is out and Cn under 100 y’all are the first up. Good luck everyone.

Well we have a few selectees in here now with a fairly even spread of numbers hopefully as time rolls on we will get a few more people coming through...

2xx - Mathew540

2xx - NzFamilyX6

4xx - Bob22

4xx - DougNNNN

6xx- SMD1810

8xx - Mijoro

9xx - Kb’s Quest

13xx - Sparkymicadonis
Can y’all add your numbers to this list please

Well we have a few selectees in here now with a fairly even spread of numbers hopefully as time rolls on we will get a few more people coming through...

1xx - Callyb

2xx - Mathew540

2xx - NzFamilyX6

4xx - Bob22

4xx - DougNNNN

6xx- SMD1810

8xx - Mijoro

9xx - Kb’s Quest

13xx - Sparkymicadoni

Are you ready for your interview in November. It’s getting exciting now. As an 800er I thought I would be interviewed in April hopefully it’s still around that date if not roll on June.
Thanks Mijoro. We will have to fly to Melbourne for medicals and then Sydney for interviews. Also have one uni son flying to these from QLD. So logistically it is going to be messy but I am getting a little excited. We want to go and activate our visas in Feb but don't want to book anything till we get it all approved. Which is showing my impatience because I don't want to spend more on flights than I have to and I just really hate waiting. I have a question for you all.... how did your extended families all accept the news? Mine is excited for me but they are all big travelers so see it as free accommodation but we havn't even told my husbands family. We know they will be devastated.

That’s so exciting!

Re Family and friends

I was one of the 2014 2000 selectees and misses out of a visa when I first got selected I was so excited I told everyone and the. Had to eat my words cause I didn’t get the green card. I was devastated.

This time around because I have a number in the 800’s I’m a little more confident of getting one but I’ve only told my mother and my daughter.

I’m sure once I get it they will be happy for me but until then it’s under wraps.