• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Nope, that *is* an invitation letter. Invitation letters are not a notice of action. Each FO has its own template they use.
Thanks for the swift reply. Could you please elaborate on what exactly is an invitation letter ( is it a precursor to an interview appointment or asking for an extra document before the interview?). Is there an official interview letter after this appointment?

Hi Mom and all,
I have this letter today and I am not sure whether is the official interview letter or for something else. My understanding is the the interview letter comes as I-797, Notice of act. I would appreciate if you could tell if this is a confirmation for the interview or not. Has anybody received a letter of NO followed by this type of letter? Thank you very much.View attachment 1209

That is your interview letter.

Dear All,

I had my home interview today.
Officer called me around 750 am that they would arrive at 930 am.
Two officers came around 910 am and asked really the basic stuff. He had a paper with the questions by the IO (who would have interviewed me at the USCIS office) that had to be asked. Name, DOB. If I am still attending school and If I informed them already about my medical condition. Also appr two questions from yes and no. Actually I think this was it. Oh and asked for the birth cert of my children. So I just stood up, looked for them and copied to their files.
They spent here around 40 mins but because they were so nice that we had a small chat with them. We even wrapped some home made apple pies to them for the trip because they have 2 more places to go for an interview. So home interview is like regular thing if needed. Maybe Mom could this put into the excel sheet so others know in the future.
One of them told me he would call me after he spoke to the officer in the USCIS office and let me know if everything is ok. They have to check if there is enough visa left etc.
They were so polite and professional.

Now I am Waiting for the call or any online changes on my case. So exciting.
Dear Mom and All,
Today afternoon my status on egov website changed from fingerprint fee received to card being produced !!!
On the other site (myuscis) my status is the same as was at the beginning (we received your case bla bla....).

I can believe it for sure, when it will be in my hands but this update looks very promising. :)

Attachments

• 20190815_193324.jpg
    20190815_193324.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 18
Dear Mom and All,
Today afternoon my status on egov website changed from fingerprint fee received to card being produced !!!
On the other site (myuscis) my status is the same as was at the beginning (we received your case bla bla....).

I can believe it for sure, when it will be in my hands but this update looks very promising. :)
Fabulous! Congrats!

Hi Mom,
I received same template letter for Interview as Cheatha. Is that normal? Also I received another biometric interview appointment which is very strange ..I did mine in the beginning of July. Is that some kind of error in their system? Could you pls advise. Thanks

Hi Mom,
I received same template letter for Interview as Cheatha. Is that normal? Also I received another biometric interview appointment which is very strange ..I did mine in the beginning of July. Is that some kind of error in their system? Could you pls advise. Thanks

1. What is normal for one FO may not be normal for another. The most important thing is you’ve received your IL, whether the template used is normal or not is immaterial IMO.

2. Be sure to show up for the new bio appointment. The 2nd bio notice could be due to a system error; it could be due to difficulty in reading your prints from your previous bio; it could be due to the second service request you initiated earlier on. They will let you know when you go for the bio appointment.

Good evening ,
Today my case status changed to new card is being produce but now it changed to nothing there is no status ! What does that mean ! I was so happy for couple of hrs !

So does that mean the card is being produced might be a wrong status ! Because I checked on my laptops and I can see it
I was talking about the part you said nothing came up. That happened to a lot of people that their status didn't show up. I don't think the status itself is wrong

Hi Mom and all,
I have this letter today and I am not sure whether is the official interview letter or for something else. My understanding is the the interview letter comes as I-797, Notice of act. I would appreciate if you could tell if this is a confirmation for the interview or not. Has anybody received a letter of NO followed by this type of letter? Thank you very much.View attachment 1209
I have received the same template from Fairfax field office)

Hi everyone,

I need help.

I had an interviewed on June 12 but it end up with the officer request additional evidence. The mail was sent to me on June 27 and then I prepared everything and send it back, I checked tracking number which shown the package was delivered on July 19. Now it’s almost one month from the date they received my package but my status still request for additional evidence was sent. What can I do in this case? If they don’t finish all process within September 30 I will get deny?

Thank you for all your help.

1. KCC’s response (which they’ve been giving for a while now) is not correct. You don’t call USCIS to schedule an interview, your FO will do the scheduling on their own.

2. You can call USCIS. You should also take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long it takes your FO to schedule a DV based AOS interview.

Hi Mom,

Thanks for your reply.

FO: Los Angeles
Region: AS
Biometrics: 07/31
Fingerprint Review was Completed: 08/02

1. I called USCIS (1-800-375-5283) this morning and the representative she told me that the processing time is 6 months and my case is still pending and she didn't mention anything about fingerprint/background check and they don't need anything from me. I told her it's a DV Lottery Program case but she said the timeline is the same. Is this usual? Or should I speak to someone else? Any other options I can do and know about my status? Should I just keep waiting the IL?

2. According to the timeline spreadsheets, it says that Los Angeles FO takes 16 days to a month. Due to DV FY ends soon and don't want to miss the chance. Is there any other way I can do now?

Looking forward to your soonest reply, thank you so much, Mom.