• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi, Mom and all,

I just wanted to ask a quick question. I have lately heard about some new law for social media disclose and that every visa applicants should provide all the identifiers he/she use in social media. Does this law apply to AOSers as well? Could we be asked about our identifiers on FaceBook, Instagram and so on?

Thank you so much

Okay Mom, considering the fact that IL I received is generic one, I will ignore the requirement of skin TB test which is already not acceptable by USCIS. Mom, thank you for giving me this hope. BTW, mom I still have couple more questions:
1. IL says to include Federal income tax return and W2 of sponsor or certified IRS printout. I already included W2 of my sponsor in the AOS package. Does this Federal income tax return mean 1040 NR form or what?
2. My sponsor has provided me the pdf file of IRS tax returns of his last 3 years. But there is not stamps on it to make it certified. Does USCIS still accept the IRS printout from online (with no stamps of IRS)?
Mom, Please forgive if this is very foolish questions.

Again, your IL is a generic one - the letter is not aware of what was or wasn’t included in your AOS package. Ignore the “certified” request. Just make sure you have copies of everything you originally sent. Your sponsor should give you updated IRS transcripts by the way.

Hi, Mom and all,

I just wanted to ask a quick question. I have lately heard about some new law for social media disclose and that every visa applicants should provide all the identifiers he/she use in social media. Does this law apply to AOSers as well? Could we be asked about our identifiers on FaceBook, Instagram and so on?

Thank you so much

While the DS260 for DV 2019 selectees does not contain this request, the IO can request the social media handles during the interview for a DV2019 selectee.

Comrades, the American dream continues.
Today is the day my GC arrived in the mail.

Mega thanks to the moderator for keeping this forum alive - @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ - and beyond - @Britsimon, @Xarthisius and others that I might have forgotten.
Word cannot express the importance of the information that you maintain, capitalize and distribute.
#keepitgoing

Good luck for our AOS fellows and especially new yorkers still going through their process and personal challenges - @vadrouille, @Tommasi80.
Better than a long speech, here are the facts about my experience with the DV and AOS process:

Cost (USD)
2/20/2019 330.00 AOS KCC fees
3/24/2019 124.75 Translation fees
4/8/2019 325.00 Medical fees (Exam + Lab work)
4/17/2019 25.50 USPS Express mail fees
4/23/2019 1,225.00 AOS + Bio fees

2,030.25 Total (USD)

Timeline:
5/15/2018 1NL - 2019EU226XX
2/20/2019 KCC DV AOS payment fee mailed
3/5/2019 KCC DV AOS Payment receipt email
3/6/2019 2NL
4/17/2019 AOS package mailed
4/18/2019 AOS package arrived at Chicago Lockbox
4/23/2019 Credit card payment for Chicago Lockbox
4/24/2019 Acceptance text
5/1/2019 Submission change of address online
5/1/2019 Received NOA mail (dated 4/24, stamped 4/25)
5/6/2019 Change of address mail (dated 5/1, stamped 5/2)
5/13/2019 Biometrics mail (dated 4/26, stamped 4/30)
5/14/2019 Biometrics walk-in at Manhattan ASC
6/5/2019 Case transferred to FO from KCC
6/21/2019 Interview notice G-56 (mailed to old address!)
7/1/2019 Interview at NY Federal Plaza
7/1/2019 "CPO" USCIS notification
7/5/2019 Welcome letter (dated 7/1/19, sent 7/2/19)
7/8/2019 "Card Was Mailed To Me" USCIS notification
7/9/2019 "The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card" USCIS Notification
7/10/2019 GC Received (to the new address)

Comrades, the American dream continues.
Today is the day my GC arrived in the mail.

Mega thanks to the moderator for keeping this forum alive - @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ - and beyond - @Britsimon, @Xarthisius and others that I might have forgotten.
Word cannot express the importance of the information that you maintain, capitalize and distribute.
#keepitgoing

Good luck for our AOS fellows and especially new yorkers still going through their process and personal challenges - @vadrouille, @Tommasi80.
Better than a long speech, here are the facts about my experience with the DV and AOS process:

Cost (USD)
2/20/2019 330.00 AOS KCC fees
3/24/2019 124.75 Translation fees
4/8/2019 325.00 Medical fees (Exam + Lab work)
4/17/2019 25.50 USPS Express mail fees
4/23/2019 1,225.00 AOS + Bio fees

2,030.25 Total (USD)

Timeline:
5/15/2018 1NL - 2019EU226XX
2/20/2019 KCC DV AOS payment fee mailed
3/5/2019 KCC DV AOS Payment receipt email
3/6/2019 2NL
4/17/2019 AOS package mailed
4/18/2019 AOS package arrived at Chicago Lockbox
4/23/2019 Credit card payment for Chicago Lockbox
4/24/2019 Acceptance text
5/1/2019 Submission change of address online
5/1/2019 Received NOA mail (dated 4/24, stamped 4/25)
5/6/2019 Change of address mail (dated 5/1, stamped 5/2)
5/13/2019 Biometrics mail (dated 4/26, stamped 4/30)
5/14/2019 Biometrics walk-in at Manhattan ASC
6/5/2019 Case transferred to FO from KCC
6/21/2019 Interview notice G-56 (mailed to old address!)
7/1/2019 Interview at NY Federal Plaza
7/1/2019 "CPO" USCIS notification
7/5/2019 Welcome letter (dated 7/1/19, sent 7/2/19)
7/8/2019 "Card Was Mailed To Me" USCIS notification
7/9/2019 "The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card" USCIS Notification
7/10/2019 GC Received (to the new address)

Congratulations!

The KCC rep you spoke with clearly is clueless regarding the AOS process. You don’t put in a request to your assigned FO or any other FO for them to request your KCC file. Ignore what she said. Wait a while and call again, hopefully your call gets routed someone else more knowledgeable.
Hi

1- When would a FO normally request the applicant's file from KCC ? Is it after the applicant complete their BIO and before scheduling the interview, or is it after sending the IL to the applicant?

2- In which case/time i need to consider calling KCC to check if the file was requested by my field office ?
Thanks

Hi

1- When would a FO normally request the applicant's file from KCC ? Is it after the applicant complete their BIO and before scheduling the interview, or is it after sending the IL to the applicant?

2- In which case/time i need to consider calling KCC to check if the file was requested by my field office ?
Thanks

FOs can request the KCC file anytime - could be before or after interview. There’s no recommended time frame they go by.

FOs can request the KCC file anytime - could be before or after interview. There’s no recommended time frame they go by.
Thank you Mom, So in which case do i need to consider calling them to check if my file was requested ? Sorry if this is a repeated question but i am trying to understand the process more and be prepared in case i have to do it. Thanks

Thank you Mom, So in which case do i need to consider calling them to check if my file was requested ? Sorry if this is a repeated question but i am trying to understand the process more and be prepared in case i have to do it. Thanks

You can call anytime from now.

Hi Everyone,

I decided to start the escalation process.
Since I cannot book Infopass in Brooklyn, I called the office of the Congresswoman yesterday.
She seemed pretty knowledgeable regarding the DV process and told me to come today with 1NL, Bio Letter, Proof of Address and ID.
I did go there this morning and she was absolutely charming and told me she would get back to me within a week.

I ll keep everyone posted.

@Tommasi80, @timothybanks

edit: spellcheck

What kind of experience does your attorney have with DV cases?
Did you check the spreadsheet link on first post of this thread to compare with what was submitted in your application?

Qualifications as in high school certificate? You should definitely include that. If that's not the reason for rejection you'd still probably get RFE anyway.

The attorney said he has done a number of DV cases in the past, but not many, and none this year.

I checked the spreadsheet. The package my attorney sent is missing the following:
- qualifications (education or work),
- financial documents
- I-693.

He insists these items aren’t required at filing and should instead be presented at the interview. I would have preferred we include them in the package just in case, but he responded to the rejection notice without consulting me. Now I’m terrified it’s all being done incorrectly and precious time is being wasted.

My F-1 program was completed on 03 June, so my status expires on 02 August. The attorney told me I don’t have to leave the US by this date if rejected again, so long as I submit another application; however, I would then be without status, and I don’t believe I am eligible for AOS unless I am in status.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my worries turned into reality.

My status was changed to "Notice Was Returned to USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It" on the 8th and I just noticed it today.

I called the number and the Tier 1 officer tried to redirect me to a Tier 2 office so that they could send me the biometrics letter by email.
However, no Tier 2 officer was available at the time so I am now waiting for them to call me back.

My mistake was not checking that status everyday, instead I checked my mail everyday and waited for the 30 days period to end (like the previous officer I contacted told me). I did not know the status would contain information about the biometrics letter.
I feel like they could have at least told me they sent the letter when I asked them last week.. (the letter was sent on the 21st of June)

=> For all those waiting for a letter, I strongly suggest checking your USCIS status as often as your mail (if you do not already).

Unfortunately, my worries turned into reality.

My status was changed to "Notice Was Returned to USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It" on the 8th and I just noticed it today.

I called the number and the Tier 1 officer tried to redirect me to a Tier 2 office so that they could send me the biometrics letter by email.
However, no Tier 2 officer was available at the time so I am now waiting for them to call me back.

My mistake was not checking that status everyday, instead I checked my mail everyday and waited for the 30 days period to end (like the previous officer I contacted told me). I did not know the status would contain information about the biometrics letter.
I feel like they could have at least told me they sent the letter when I asked them last week.. (the letter was sent on the 21st of June)

=> For all those waiting for a letter, I strongly suggest checking your USCIS status as often as your mail (if you do not already).

do you not have a myuscis account? that would have a copy of all correspondence sent to you.

I did not have a myuscis account, I just created one following your suggestion (thanks by the way)

It does not contain any such information though, it might be because I just now created that account and it does not retroactively include those documents (just guessing here).

A tier 2 officer did contact me back just now. He will send me a new notice as, unfortunately, the appointment was scheduled for the 9th...
It will take two more weeks, I will then attempt a walk-in.

I feel very unlucky as I've never had issues with my mail ever before (and USCIS confirmed twice that the address they have is correct).

I did not have a myuscis account, I just created one following your suggestion (thanks by the way)

It does not contain any such information though, it might be because I just now created that account and it does not retroactively include those documents (just guessing here).

A tier 2 officer did contact me back just now. He will send me a new notice as, unfortunately, the appointment was scheduled for the 9th...
It will take two more weeks, I will then attempt a walk-in.

I feel very unlucky as I've never had issues with my mail ever before (and USCIS confirmed twice that the address they have is correct).

Yeah, I don't think they retroactively add stuff in.

Is your name on the mailbox where you live? A common problem with USCIS mail seems to be if the postman unable to confirm the person lives there.