• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

That's what they told me as well when I first started worrying (2 weeks or so ago), then I contacted both my Post Office and carrier and they both told me that if there is mail to deliver, they will whether or not my name is there (which seemed to be confirmed by the fact that I received other unrelated mail).

I do not have my name on it though (no one does in my residence), so it might still be it. I will stick it on for this time. Anyways, the officer told me that they could fax it to me if I don't receive it a second time (seems like a waste of time to me to wait for a second failure but oh well), better safe than sorry (again) though.

That's what they told me as well when I first started worrying (2 weeks or so ago), then I contacted both my Post Office and carrier and they both told me that if there is mail to deliver, they will whether or not my name is there (which seemed to be confirmed by the fact that I received other unrelated mail).

I do not have my name on it though (no one does in my residence), so it might still be it. I will stick it on for this time. Anyways, the officer told me that they could fax it to me if I don't receive it a second time (seems like a waste of time to me to wait for a second failure but oh well), better safe than sorry (again) though.

There have been enough vases of no names on boxes/returned to sender from uscis that i would address that issue even if you don’t think it’s the cause, after all... you confirmed the address with uscis, but it was returned to them - so not lost, just not delivered.

I recently bumped into my mail lady on her way past my house. She waved an envelope at me saying “this is for X, but there’s no-one by that name at your house, is there?” She was right, but it was interesting how she just made the return to sender decision herself.

Anyway, if the new bio letter appears on your myuscis, print it out and try a walk-in with it.

Also other thing, my first worry was about my NOA letter (which I never received either).
The first time I contacted USCIS, the Tier 1 officer told me they sent it on the 13rd of June.
However, today, the Tier 2 officer told me they never sent it.

He informed me that there currently are delays for sending NOA letters. (might be of interest to some)

Son has processed AOS biometrics, awaiting interview appointment. No option to get Infopass in his city - should he try to find out of his file has been sent to FO from KCC, or just wait patiently - feels like time is running out?

Thanks @Sm1smom! We progressed so far because of your great guidance!

I updated the spreadsheet.

Hi @Sm1smom,

I am really happy to inform you that we had our interview and received the green cards!

I updated the timelines spreadsheet.

I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the great efforts made by you (@Sm1smom) and @Britsimon to guide many people like us. I am really surprised about your knowledge, experience, responsiveness and availability. And there were times where you answered to my questions even during mid night.

It was a great journey because of you and this forum! Please keep up the great work!

THANKS AGAIN!

Hi @Sm1smom,

I am really happy to inform you that we had our interview and received the green cards!

I updated the timelines spreadsheet.

I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the great efforts made by you (@Sm1smom) and @Britsimon to guide many people like us. I am really surprised about your knowledge, experience, responsiveness and availability. And there were times where you answered to my questions even during mid night.

It was a great journey because of you and this forum! Please keep up the great work!

THANKS AGAIN!

Congratulations - enjoy your new status.

Hello and thank you for the great info and support you provide. I feel pessimistic about it but is it worth sending AOS documents at this point in the 2019 DV process or would it just be a waste of money since there are only two months left?

Hello and thank you for the great info and support you provide. I feel pessimistic about it but is it worth sending AOS documents at this point in the 2019 DV process or would it just be a waste of money since there are only two months left?

How prepared are you at this point? Have you done your medical? Have you made the DV administrative fee payment and you have the receipt?

Anyway, at the end of the day, you’ll have to decide if the GC is still worth pursuing. I can’t say if you will be able to complete the process or not, have no idea if your background check may take longer. However, I can say we know of selectees who submitted their AOS package in August and successfully completed the process.

How prepared are you at this point? Have you done your medical? Have you made the DV administrative fee payment and you have the receipt?

Anyway, at the end of the day, you’ll have to decide if the GC is still worth pursuing. I can’t say if you will be able to complete the process or not, have no idea if your background check may take longer. However, I can say we know of selectees who submitted their AOS package in August and successfully completed the process.

Thank you for the quick response.
I have not done my medical but I do have the receipt of the DV admin fee. I guess if I can get a medical appointment very soon I could try and maybe be one of the lucky ones?

Thank you!

Also other thing, my first worry was about my NOA letter (which I never received either).
The first time I contacted USCIS, the Tier 1 officer told me they sent it on the 13rd of June.
However, today, the Tier 2 officer told me they never sent it.

He informed me that there currently are delays for sending NOA letters. (might be of interest to some)
Can you sign up for usps informed delivery?

Hi! We had our interview today. The officer was really nice, everything was straightforward (went over 485, asked some follow up questions), except my husband medical was missing from the file (we are very sure it was included, but it was lost somewhere in the process I guess). We had a copy, the officer wasn't sure it would be accepted, but she included it anyway just in case. The thing is my husband received a call and voicemail from the FO just now saying sth about a document missing (we are guessing it is the medical) and to contact them ASAP, so that they wouldn't have to send a letter by mail. Our problem is we don't know how to contact them!! Any clues?? The number from where he received the call says "error" when we call back, and the FO telephone number won't give you a person to talk to, unless you have an extension number.... What should we do?? Any help will be really appreciated!! Thanks!!
Edit: it's the Baltimore FO

Last edited:
They had performed a system maintenance last night, I got notified about this maintenance on the mobile app (USCIS Case Tracker) that I have installed on my phone, and now i can't log to neither the website nor the app, but i can still access the old egov webside.
Hopefully they will fix that soon

Hi! We had our interview today. The officer was really nice, everything was straightforward (went over 485, asked some follow up questions), except my husband medical was missing from the file (we are very sure it was included, but it was lost somewhere in the process I guess). We had a copy, the officer wasn't sure it would be accepted, but she included it anyway just in case. The thing is my husband received a call and voicemail from the FO just now saying sth about a document missing (we are guessing it is the medical) and to contact them ASAP, so that they wouldn't have to send a letter by mail. Our problem is we don't know how to contact them!! Any clues?? The number from where he received the call says "error" when we call back, and the FO telephone number won't give you a person to talk to, unless you have an extension number.... What should we do?? Any help will be really appreciated!! Thanks!!
Not sure what Mom's advice would be, but they may have declined the medical because it wasn't sealed or at the point you handed it to your IO, its validity time period was over.

If you can go to your doctor that did the medical, explain the situation, maybe you can see if you can get them to sign for it with today's date, seal it, then you hand deliver it to the FO?

Hello Mom,
Today I come to see different updates in my.uscis.gov and egov.uscis.gov.
my.uscis.gov shows that:
On July 09, 2019, we cancelled the interview scheduled for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.
But egov.uscis.gov shows that:

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview.
1. Which status is most correct? Could it be a technical issue?
2. Since I have an interview scheduled on July 22nd, I don't know what I should do? Please give me the suggestion.
3. Is it normal for having interview cancelled by the IO, even though we didn't reschedule it?
4. Based on your past experiences, how common is it? What are the consequences (or decisions) those applicants received after the cancellation of interview?
Mom, I look forward to hearing your precious help and suggestion in this regard.

Congratulations on your interview!! Damo’s idea is prudent: seeing if another medical report form may be signed, packed and sealed for USCIS’s use is the most proactive step, especially since the officer wasn’t sure the form you handed to her would be accepted, it is likely the medical form copy didn’t satisfy the supervisor; so please try to do this(if not possible to see the initial Dr. today, I think tomorrow is ok too, other members and moderators can comment on this). In addition to this step, my advice concerns the process to hand-deliver the new medical report form in person to the Baltimore FO: this specific FO(since April 1 2019) has been incredibly difficult to enter or get word inside(no matter the reason of your visit) without an infopass or interview appointment. In light of this, id strongly suggest calling the USCIS 1(800) number to try to schedule an infopass(most likely through a tier-2 officer. You can explain the issue at hand and therefore the need for an appointment very soon. This will help you take care of 2 issues at the FO:

1) get you through the entrance security without too many questions, if any;

2) once inside, ask to speak with the interview IO or the supervisor in charge of DV cases, so as to make sure you hand the new form over to the person who will make a decision on your case (and most likely the same person who called your husband in the first place after your interview).

Please also get them to sign a document that confirms they received it(God forbid the new medical form is not appropriately filed with the rest of your application because of an error; just imagine if you simply leave the new medical envelope to security at the entrance(because that’s as far as one can go with infopass) and don’t hear from the FO for while, only for the FO to call again in August and September saying they’re still waiting on your response with a new medical form!).

I think an infopass will ensure a timely solution but more importantly you’ll get to speak with the officer(or supervisor, as it appears from your description of the interview that this IO is reporting to someone else higher up) face to face and not only hand in the new form but also get to ask whether they’re now satisfied with your file overall (and also asking about background check status, and other questions etc. just to make sure they have everything) and who knows, they may even approve you on the spot when you bring the new medical form.
Keep us posted of how it goes, and God speed!

Last edited: