• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi there. I just received my appointment time for FO New York which is exciting. They have called me, emailed me about it and sent a letter. Is that normal practice- I assumed they just sent a letter? Anyway guess they are just been thorough.

I wanted to know, I have to leave the country for a trip a couple of days after my interview. Am I able to leave and come back in on my work visa after my interview if tis been approved, or do I need to wait and can only come back into the US with Greencard

Last edited:
Hi there. I just received my appointment time for FO New York which is exciting. They have called me, emailed me about it and sent a letter. Is that normal practice- I assumed they just sent a letter?
Congrats !!! I am from NY too and waiting for my IL. I cant see you on the timeline spreadsheet, can you tell us when you files and did walk in bio?

Congrats !!! I am from NY too and waiting for my IL. I cant see you on the timeline spreadsheet, can you tell us when you files and did walk in bio?
I need to fill in the spreadsheet still but I was current in June. Received at lockbox april 30th, Bio walk in May 13th, Interview Jul 1st.

Hi there. I just received my appointment time for FO New York which is exciting. They have called me, emailed me about it and sent a letter. Is that normal practice- I assumed they just sent a letter? Anyway guess they are just been thorough.

I wanted to know, I have to leave the country for a trip a couple of days after my interview. Am I able to leave and come back in on my work visa after my interview if tis been approved, or do I need to wait and can only come back into the US with Greencard

Your work visa will no longer be valid once your AOS petition is approved. You’ll either need to wait for the actual GC or get an I-551 stamp (temporary GC) on your passport in order to return.

If you depart before your AOS petition is approved, (even if interview has already taken place) and your current visa is not a dual intent one, your AOS petition will be considered abandoned and subsequently denied, unless of course you already have an approved AP card.

Hi Mom,
It has been two weeks since I received NOA letter & still no sign of bio letter. Looking through timeline spreadsheet, it seems as though most people receive that within 7-10 days. Should I contact USCIS to find out if they are able to provide me with updates or would you recommend that i should wait bit longer?
Thanks
Hello, did you get an assistance from USCIS on this case?

Hi @Sm1smom ,

I hope you are doing well.

My current status is as follows. You may enter this information in DV 2019 AOS Timelines spreadsheet.
  • User Name: Brown444
  • CN: 2019AS00004xxx
  • Current: March
  • Field Office: Columbus, OH
  • Chicago Lockbox: 03/05/2019
  • Package Delivery: FedEx
  • Acceptance Text: 03/26/2019
  • Payment Cached: 03/27/2019
  • NOA Letter Received Date: 03/30/2019
  • Bio Letter Received Date: Around 04/10/2019
  • Bio Scheduled Date: 04/17/2019
And I am currently waiting for the interview letter.

I called USCIS today and got to know that my background check is NOT yet completed and it is still in the National Benefits Center.

I have few questions.

Question 1)

As I mentioned above we did our bio-metrics on 04/17/2019.

When I check the USCIS status site for my receipt number and my spouse's receipt number, it shows following notification (which looks ok).

"Fingerprint Review Was Completed
As of April 17, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you".

However, when I check my son's status, it shows following message (he is 7 years old and not applicable for bio metric. But they took finger prints of one or 2 fingers of him).

"Case Was Received
On March 6, 2019, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 5, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center".

Is my son's status normal? Please note that it doesn't have anything about the bio appointment we had.

Question 2)

I went through DV 2019 AOS Timelines spreadsheet and noticed that Interview Date - Bio Date (waiting time for interview after bio) can range from 13 days to 140 days. So, given my bio date (04/17/2019) , I am not sure when to go for InfoPass. Can you kindly advise on that?

Question 3)

I noticed that my field office Columbus, OH is not accepting InfoPass appointments on USCIS InfoPass scheduling site. It says "This office is not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments". In that case, do we have to make an e-request or call to get an InfoPass scheduled, if it is required in future?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hi @Sm1smom ,

I hope you are doing well.

My current status is as follows. You may enter this information in DV 2019 AOS Timelines spreadsheet.
  • User Name: Brown444
  • CN: 2019AS00004xxx
  • Current: March
  • Field Office: Columbus, OH
  • Chicago Lockbox: 03/05/2019
  • Package Delivery: FedEx
  • Acceptance Text: 03/26/2019
  • Payment Cached: 03/27/2019
  • NOA Letter Received Date: 03/30/2019
  • Bio Letter Received Date: Around 04/10/2019
  • Bio Scheduled Date: 04/17/2019
And I am currently waiting for the interview letter.

I called USCIS today and got to know that my background check is NOT yet completed and it is still in the National Benefits Center.

I have few questions.

Question 1)

As I mentioned above we did our bio-metrics on 04/17/2019.

When I check the USCIS status site for my receipt number and my spouse's receipt number, it shows following notification (which looks ok).

"Fingerprint Review Was Completed
As of April 17, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you".

However, when I check my son's status, it shows following message (he is 7 years old and not applicable for bio metric. But they took finger prints of one or 2 fingers of him).

"Case Was Received
On March 6, 2019, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 5, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center".

Is my son's status normal? Please note that it doesn't have anything about the bio appointment we had.

Question 2)

I went through DV 2019 AOS Timelines spreadsheet and noticed that Interview Date - Bio Date (waiting time for interview after bio) can range from 13 days to 140 days. So, given my bio date (04/17/2019) , I am not sure when to go for InfoPass. Can you kindly advise on that?

Question 3)

I noticed that my field office Columbus, OH is not accepting InfoPass appointments on USCIS InfoPass scheduling site. It says "This office is not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments". In that case, do we have to make an e-request or call to get an InfoPass scheduled, if it is required in future?

Thank you very much!

1. Message is normal.
2. Is the time range you’re referencing for your FO alone or for everyone in general? The time range of everyone in general is not the one you should be comparing your Timeline with.
3. You’ll need to call.

p.s. if you wish for other members to benefit from you like you’re benefiting from those before you, you need to enter your timeline information on the spreadsheet yourself. I don’t do so for users.

Hi Mom (and maybe @Mila05 who had a similar problem recently),

As an F1 student (a PhD one with a stipend), I want to get an I-134 form just in case. Do you know if all the fields are supposed to be filled? I just imagine if I worked at an immigration-related office at a university and all of a sudden somebody comes over and asks to fill a form disclosing the real estate information and so on:))).

Thanks!

As an F1 student (a PhD with a stipend), I want to get an I-134 form just in case. Do you know if all the fields are supposed to be filled? I just imagine if I worked at an immigration-related office at a university and all of a sudden somebody comes over and asks to fill a form with about the real estate information and so on:))).

Thanks!
I didnt quite understand your question. My i134 form was filled out by my husband because as a student I didnt earn much having on campus job. And all the fields were filled out.
IO during my interview specifically asked who supports me. So it is important to have i134 and supporting docs (irs tax transcript, paystubs, etc).

I didnt quite understand your question. My i134 form was filled out by my husband because as a student I didnt earn much having on campus job. And all the fields were filled out.
IO during my interview specifically asked who supports me. So it is important to have i134 and supporting docs (irs tax transcript, paystubs, etc).
Aaah, alright, thanks I thought you asked the university to fill the form out lol. @Sm1smom, maybe I now sound silly, but if I am single and the only applicant, my university pays me some reasonable money, I have paystubs, W2, tax returns, emp letter, does it make any sense to fill the i134 form then? If yes, then should a university representative fill all the fields (including the salary of the supporter, etc.) or the entire form is designed for spouses only?

As an F1 student (a PhD one with a stipend), I want to get an I-134 form just in case. Do you know if all the fields are supposed to be filled? I just imagine if I worked at an immigration-related office at a university and all of a sudden somebody comes over and asks to fill a form disclosing the real estate information and so on:))).

Thanks!

All applicable sections of the form should be filled.

Aaah, alright, thanks I thought you asked the university to fill the form out lol. @Sm1smom, maybe I now sound silly, but if I am single and the only applicant, my university pays me some reasonable money, I have paystubs, W2, tax returns, emp letter, does it make any sense to fill the i134 form then? If yes, then should a university representative fill all the fields (including the salary of the supporter, etc.) or the entire form is designed for spouses only?

An I-134 is filled by anyone willing to go on record and state they will support and provide for you, should you fall into hard times to ensure you don’t go applying for government funded public benefit. An I-134 is not an employment letter, I highly doubt your university will fill and sign an I-134 for you.

Hi all!

Just wanted to say thank you to this forum and Mom for helping/guiding me through this process! I received my green card a month ago but forgot to post about it so I will do so now and hopefully my experience will be useful to some readers.

Case #: OC04XX (My country of chargeability is supposed to be New Zealand as I was born there but I put down Australia in the original application. I was very worried at first and paranoid about my application being rejected due to wrong chargeability, but in the end there was no problem probably because it's still considered the same region)

I never submitted my DS260 because I couldn't get the Selective Service agreement plugin at the end to work.
2/1/2019 Received 2NL
2/5/2019 Sent $330 AOS Payment fee (Include a self addressed envelope so they can send u receipt back)
2/13/2019 Received Payment Receipt
2/15/2019 I submitted my package to LOCKBOX by following the spreadsheet exactly. I also submitted the forms for the EAD and AP card. The pictures were especially helpful too.
2/23/2019 Received NOA and payment receipts together.

My biometrics appointment letter however didn't arrive for over 3 weeks so I asked Mom for help and she told me to contact USCIS directly. The first time they said I should wait up to 30 days again to see if my form will be resent. However, I still did not receive it and so in April I contacted them again multiple times and realized I had to request to have my call escalated to a 2nd division officer. That officer then made sure to make and send a new appointment letter for my biometrics.

4/10/2019 I received my Interview notice for 5/15/2019 7:30 AM Los Angeles before even doing the biometrics.
4/21/2019 I finally received the bio appointment letter scheduled for 5/6/2019 in the Los Angeles WSC
5/3/2019 I tried to do a walk in but they refused to let me.
5/6/2019 I did the BIOMETRICS
5/15/2019 I went to the INTERVIEW at around 7:00AM and the line outside was super long. I got in around 8:00AM and was called in for the interview after waiting 15 minutes in the waiting area. The interviewer checked my birth certificate, high school diploma, and DV payment receipt. He had the rest of my package already on his desk. I was a little nervous as my birth certificate was New Zealand, not Australia as indicated by my country of chargeability. He just compared the birth certificate to the copy he already had and cross checked to see it was the same one without questioning chargeability (phew). Then he asked the yes/no questions on the I485 after me swearing an oath. Afterwards, he immediately printed out a letter saying my case was accepted. My case was updated in the afternoon on the same day online and said my green card was being produced.
5/16/2019 I received my EAD/AP card (not really needed anymore)
5/22/2019 I received my green card =]

Hope this helps! I also consulted a few lawyers in my area and tbh they weren't that familiar with the DV AOS process and I felt that it would just be paying them to fill out forms for me so I just used this forum instead.

Some tips:
-Read the spreadsheet carefully and don't overthink or overcomplicate things.
-I485 I just left what didn't apply to me blank and didn't write N/A
-To contact USCIS and directly speak to a person, you must press the numbers 1,2,2,2 or when they ask you if you have your receipt number, even if you have one, press no you dont have one then they will transfer you to a person, otherwise it will just be a robotic case status update on ur #
-Try not to leave the country unless you REALLY have to (90 day rule)
-Good luck! lmk if you have specific questions about my process and I'll be happy to answer.

<3 this forum lol

Hi all!

Just wanted to say thank you to this forum and Mom for helping/guiding me through this process! I received my green card a month ago but forgot to post about it so I will do so now and hopefully my experience will be useful to some readers.

Case #: OC04XX (My country of chargeability is supposed to be New Zealand as I was born there but I put down Australia in the original application. I was very worried at first and paranoid about my application being rejected due to wrong chargeability, but in the end there was no problem probably because it's still considered the same region)

I never submitted my DS260 because I couldn't get the Selective Service agreement plugin at the end to work.
2/1/2019 Received 2NL
2/5/2019 Sent $330 AOS Payment fee (Include a self addressed envelope so they can send u receipt back)
2/13/2019 Received Payment Receipt
2/15/2019 I submitted my package to LOCKBOX by following the spreadsheet exactly. I also submitted the forms for the EAD and AP card. The pictures were especially helpful too.
2/23/2019 Received NOA and payment receipts together.

My biometrics appointment letter however didn't arrive for over 3 weeks so I asked Mom for help and she told me to contact USCIS directly. The first time they said I should wait up to 30 days again to see if my form will be resent. However, I still did not receive it and so in April I contacted them again multiple times and realized I had to request to have my call escalated to a 2nd division officer. That officer then made sure to make and send a new appointment letter for my biometrics.

4/10/2019 I received my Interview notice for 5/15/2019 7:30 AM Los Angeles before even doing the biometrics.
4/21/2019 I finally received the bio appointment letter scheduled for 5/6/2019 in the Los Angeles WSC
5/3/2019 I tried to do a walk in but they refused to let me.
5/6/2019 I did the BIOMETRICS
5/15/2019 I went to the INTERVIEW at around 7:00AM and the line outside was super long. I got in around 8:00AM and was called in for the interview after waiting 15 minutes in the waiting area. The interviewer checked my birth certificate, high school diploma, and DV payment receipt. He had the rest of my package already on his desk. I was a little nervous as my birth certificate was New Zealand, not Australia as indicated by my country of chargeability. He just compared the birth certificate to the copy he already had and cross checked to see it was the same one without questioning chargeability (phew). Then he asked the yes/no questions on the I485 after me swearing an oath. Afterwards, he immediately printed out a letter saying my case was accepted. My case was updated in the afternoon on the same day online and said my green card was being produced.
5/16/2019 I received my EAD/AP card (not really needed anymore)
5/22/2019 I received my green card =]

Hope this helps! I also consulted a few lawyers in my area and tbh they weren't that familiar with the DV AOS process and I felt that it would just be paying them to fill out forms for me so I just used this forum instead.

Some tips:
-Read the spreadsheet carefully and don't overthink or overcomplicate things.
-I485 I just left what didn't apply to me blank and didn't write N/A
-To contact USCIS and directly speak to a person, you must press the numbers 1,2,2,2 or when they ask you if you have your receipt number, even if you have one, press no you dont have one then they will transfer you to a person, otherwise it will just be a robotic case status update on ur #
-Try not to leave the country unless you REALLY have to (90 day rule)
-Good luck! lmk if you have specific questions about my process and I'll be happy to answer.

<3 this forum lol

Congratulations and thank you for coming back to write about your case. Please update the timeline spreadsheet if you haven’t done so already.

Hi everyone,

1. Do I need to submit the copies of my two expired EAD cards with AOS package? Or only all of my I-20s?
2. Do I need to submit the copies of my W-2s (for the past of 1 to 3 years)? How about a copy of SSN? Even though I am a student now.
3. I am going to fill out the I-134 so do I need to submit my previous tax returns? Or just the tax returns of the sponsor?

Thank you all!

Hi Mom,

I got the two NOAs today for me and for my spouse(derivative). The date of birth (year) of my spouse was incorrect on the NOA. When I checked back the I-485 its our mistake. We looked through these forms thousand times but never found the error. I will call USCIS tomorrow about the error in NOA. Do you think this will lead to a possible denial or rejection?

After 210 days I got an Interview letter but my husband(derivative applicant) didn't receive his IL and there is no indication on my interview letter that I should bring my husband in Interview.

1. Can anybody suggest me what to do? whether to go alone or together with my husband?