• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

It’s only be like 10 since your package was received. Be patient for the bio notice. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long others waited before receiving the bio notice.
Thank you mom. I looked at the timeline and everyone got their notice between 7-10 days, that's why I asked. I will wait until Monday and then I will come back again to see should I call USCIS or not?!

Thanks again,

Called the USCIS call center to ask about status since Biometrics were done April 17th. The reply was "to wait till September". I asked to speak to a Supervisor to explain that our DV will expire in September. They gave me Four options to escalate my call. Has anyone else expereinced this and what option was chosen? We were transferred to second tier officer but they there was a recording stating that they will call back in 360 hours. Have not received a call back yet. What are the next options available please.

You’re getting yourself confused with a NOA (Notice of Acceptance) which gets sent when your AOS petition is accepted by the Chicago Lockbox and a petition approval, which happens at the end of the process (which is when you get a GC approval).

Since all you’ve received is the NOA following AOS package submission, your current H1B status is still intact. You don’t currently have a GC approval.
Oh yes I was confused!! thank you so much mom ! feels much relieved now !

Hello Mom and everyone,
Firstly I want to say thank you dear mom and everyone.
Today I received my green card. And I’m so happy to end. Especially I learnt to much information in here. And mom was so kind and helpful.
Also I want to ask to my last question. Tomorrow i will change my driver license. And I’m working with A2 visa and my social security number says “ Valid for work only with dhs authorization” so am I should to go to the social security office for change to my social number.
And finally I wish everyone can get the green card early and without problem.
Thank you so much Mom again....

Called the USCIS call center to ask about status since Biometrics were done April 17th. The reply was "to wait till September". I asked to speak to a Supervisor to explain that our DV will expire in September. They gave me Four options to escalate my call. Has anyone else expereinced this and what option was chosen? We were transferred to second tier officer but they there was a recording stating that they will call back in 360 hours. Have not received a call back yet. What are the next options available please.

The callbacks essentially put your back into the front of the queue. It is an automated process, so there might have been an error some way through the process, you might want to try again.

The USCIS manual says that you can request for the call to be escalated to a supervisor, and does not say you can be refused, but they will definitely discourage it. I found that the Tier 2 officers were always pretty helpful.

Also, your biometrics were done in April. 2 months ago. You can see in the timeline that your wait period is still within the average. I know I too didn't like to be told to keep waiting, but the advice is pretty accurate. When you get on to a tier 2, ask them to submit a service request to the FO. This will prompt them to at least move your case to the forefront of their minds, even if for 10 seconds. Congress people and tier 1s can also do service requests.

Wasn’t your bio actually done in May, 5/17 to be precise?

Hello Mom and everyone,
Firstly I want to say thank you dear mom and everyone.
Today I received my green card. And I’m so happy to end. Especially I learnt to much information in here. And mom was so kind and helpful.
Also I want to ask to my last question. Tomorrow i will change my driver license. And I’m working with A2 visa and my social security number says “ Valid for work only with dhs authorization” so am I should to go to the social security office for change to my social number.
And finally I wish everyone can get the green card early and without problem.
Thank you so much Mom again....

Go to the SSA office with your GC and apply for a replacement SSN card. Your SSN remains the same, you’ll get a new card without any written restrictions on it in the mail after the SSA office verifies your new status with USCIS. And you’re no longer working with an A2 visa, it is no longer valid.

We had our interview on June 18 at 7:30am. We arrived at 7:00am, there was a bit of a line up at security but it was moving pretty fast. We got upstairs at 7:15am and sat down not realizing that we had to check in. After 10 minutes of sitting down I walked out of the room and on one wall I noticed that we had to check in first. We all went to the check in counter and there were only 2 families in front of us. By the time we checked in it was 7:55am. We went back to the interview waiting room and waited for our names to be called.

We got called at 8:15am, the FO asked us to divide into 2 groups, we have 4 kids. My husband went in first with the boys as as he's the winner. He just asked my husband to see our marriage certificate, a bill showing both our names on it and his and the boys passports. He went over a few of the yes/no questions and asked if he still works for the same company. After 20 minutes my husband came out and the FO called me in with the girls. He asked me for our passports, if I had a SSN and a few of the yes/no questions. At the end he told me that visa's are still available and that he needs to contact KCC for our file and that in 2 weeks we should receive our green card.

When we left about 2 hours later our case was updated to "MY INTERVIEW WAS COMPLETED AND MY CASE MUST BE REVIEWED" it got me really nervous but I searched on this forum and found out that it was normal. This morning we got another text "MY NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Here's our timeline of the whole process:

DV2019EU00009XXX - Current in February
March 23 - Sent DV processing fee
March 28 - Sent DS-260 to let them know we're doing AOS
April 1 - Went to the doctor to get an I-693, we did all tests and got all vaccinations required at our doctor's office (it saved us a lot of money)
April 2 - Got the 2NL
April 2 - Got sealed envelopes from the doctor
April 8 - Sent the AOS package to Chicago lockbox via USPS
April 10 - Got a text message to let us know that the package was delivered
April 18 - Got a text message to let us know that our package was accepted
April 19 - USCIS deposited the checks
April 22 - Received the NOA letters
April 22 - Created an online account for status updates (please note that we had no updates from the April 18, when they accepted the package to June 18, when we attended the interview)
May 3 - Got the biometrics appointment
May 15 - Did the biometrcis
June 1 - Got the interview letters
June 18 - Went to the interview
June 18 - Status online changed to "MY INTERVIEW WAS COMPLETED AND MY CASE MUST BE REVIEWED"
June 20 - Status online changed to "CARD BEING PRODUCED"

I just wanted to THANK everyone especially MOM.

For people starting the process, make sure you read and understand the spreadsheet, it has all the information you need.

We had our interview on June 18 at 7:30am. We arrived at 7:00am, there was a bit of a line up at security but it was moving pretty fast. We got upstairs at 7:15am and sat down not realizing that we had to check in. After 10 minutes of sitting down I walked out of the room and on one wall I noticed that we had to check in first. We all went to the check in counter and there were only 2 families in front of us. By the time we checked in it was 7:55am. We went back to the interview waiting room and waited for our names to be called.

We got called at 8:15am, the FO asked us to divide into 2 groups, we have 4 kids. My husband went in first with the boys as as he's the winner. He just asked my husband to see our marriage certificate, a bill showing both our names on it and his and the boys passports. He went over a few of the yes/no questions and asked if he still works for the same company. After 20 minutes my husband came out and the FO called me in with the girls. He asked me for our passports, if I had a SSN and a few of the yes/no questions. At the end he told me that visa's are still available and that he needs to contact KCC for our file and that in 2 weeks we should receive our green card.

When we left about 2 hours later our case was updated to "MY INTERVIEW WAS COMPLETED AND MY CASE MUST BE REVIEWED" it got me really nervous but I searched on this forum and found out that it was normal. This morning we got another text "MY NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Here's our timeline of the whole process:

DV2019EU00009XXX - Current in February
March 23 - Sent DV processing fee
March 28 - Sent DS-260 to let them know we're doing AOS
April 1 - Went to the doctor to get an I-693, we did all tests and got all vaccinations required at our doctor's office (it saved us a lot of money)
April 2 - Got the 2NL
April 2 - Got sealed envelopes from the doctor
April 8 - Sent the AOS package to Chicago lockbox via USPS
April 10 - Got a text message to let us know that the package was delivered
April 18 - Got a text message to let us know that our package was accepted
April 19 - USCIS deposited the checks
April 22 - Received the NOA letters
April 22 - Created an online account for status updates (please note that we had no updates from the April 18, when they accepted the package to June 18, when we attended the interview)
May 3 - Got the biometrics appointment
May 15 - Did the biometrcis
June 1 - Got the interview letters
June 18 - Went to the interview
June 18 - Status online changed to "MY INTERVIEW WAS COMPLETED AND MY CASE MUST BE REVIEWED"
June 20 - Status online changed to "CARD BEING PRODUCED"

I just wanted to THANK everyone especially MOM.

For people starting the process, make sure you read and understand the spreadsheet, it has all the information you need.

Congratulations. Please update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Thanks for your helpful summary. I'd just like to check the key sequence you gave:

>To contact USCIS and directly speak to a person, you must press the numbers 1,2,2,2 or when they ask you if you
>have your receipt number, even if you have one, press no you dont have one then they will transfer you to a person,
> otherwise it will just be a robotic case status update on ur #

I tried that, but it doesn't seem right. Is there a digit missing?

I'm trying the second tip ("don't know receipt number") but get stuck in the waiting queue for a long time. USCIS seems to have a lot of callers!

Hi Mom and All, ,

I have submitted my AOS package to Chicago lockbox on 6/6/19 and I haven't received any text or NOA and the checks have not cashed yet. I know it is not that too much time since i have submitted my package, but i've seen the avarage for everyone to receive a text or cash the check is between 4-10 days.
Is there a number that I can call to verify if Chicago LockBox has received my AOS? I am worried that my mail got lost somehow, although USPS tracking says delivered on 6/6.
So If they received my package but hasn't processed yet I am fine with that and i will wait longer, but how can I verify if it is with them now?

Thanks

Hi Mom and All, ,

I have submitted my AOS package to Chicago lockbox on 6/6/19 and I haven't received any text or NOA and the checks have not cashed yet. I know it is not that too much time since i have submitted my package, but i've seen the avarage for everyone to receive a text or cash the check is between 4-10 days.
Is there a number that I can call to verify if Chicago LockBox has received my AOS? I am worried that my mail got lost somehow, although USPS tracking says delivered on 6/6.
So If they received my package but hasn't processed yet I am fine with that and i will wait longer, but how can I verify if it is with them now?

Thanks

Of course, I sent my package to:
USCIS Chicago Lockbox
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Hi Mom and All, ,

Thanks

You can’t verify until it’s been at least 30 days since USPS’s indicated delivery date.