• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

@Sm1smom

I had an employment-based process in progress before I was selected for the lottery: my PERM has been approved recently and my company's lawyers received the certified PERM document.
Now they are getting ready to file I-485/I-140 together and mentioned that the package have to be accepted by the end of October (end of the 6 months PERM).

1. Do you expect that filing the employment-based AOS can cause delay? I read somewhere in this forum that the IO might want to check other filings as well and it could cause some delay.
2. What happens to this AOS + petition if I get approved by the DV based AOS?

To be honest, I don't really want an employment-based GC if the lottery one works, mainly because it comes with one main drawback - I owe my company a number of years AFTER receiving the GC or package + lawyers fees from this point.
I have been transparent from the beginning with my company telling them that I filled my DV AOS already and they give me the option to start the employment based filing when I want to.
My idea is to tell them to start that process only if I did not have my interview scheduled at the end of August - I just did the bio appointment this week so I can get an interview in the next 3 months if all goes well.

Thanks!

1. It isn’t unusual for an IO to wait until they receive case files for other petitions one may have in the system. So yes, waiting for those files to be received may result in a bit of a delay.

2. The second petition gets denied.

Yep, ask them to hold off the submission till the end of August or first/second week of September.

Not unusual for some FOs to call. @damo1089, DV2019 selectee (now a LPR) did get a call also about his interview date.
Now that you mention it, I do remember him receiving a phone call about his interview being rescheduled. I just was not expecting a call, but regardless, I'm excited my interview is this month! It looks like others at my FO had theirs about 90-100 days after their bio. I will update on my experience later and whether my background check has been cleared.

Can someone send me a link or explain to me how to get a congression inqueries?

I am not sure where to start for that.

@Sm1smom Hi mom,
The new immigration plan mentioned that he will end the diversity lottery program. Will that have any effects on the 2019 winners ? and also for the selected for 2020?
Thanks!

@Sm1smom Hi mom,
The new immigration plan mentioned that he will end the diversity lottery program. Will that have any effects on the 2019 winners ? and also for the selected for 2020?
Thanks!

Definitely not DV2019. I don’t think DV2020 will also come to a halt either.

Hi, I have a question following my interview. It's been 2 month after I interviewed. Here is the following inquiry that I did.

- Service Request - got a mail say that case have been under review.
- Congressman - got a message that case have been under further review.

What's else should I do next? I can do the congressman again in about 6 weeks. When should plan to do the Ombudsman request.?

Thank you in advance for helping.

Hello again,

I’m under F1 visa status. Do you have to compete I765 in the AOS package ? I do not have a EAD card but I have a SSN

Check out the spreadsheet on the first page of this thread. It's seriously the best and has pretty much all the information you need about AOS! Reading it from beginning to end was what made me understand the process and all the documents I needed. Mom is a queen for having put together and maintained this spreadsheet.
Indeed it’s absolutely great. However I have few questions. As a F1 student do I have to fill I765 ? I don’t have a EAD card

Hi, I have a question following my interview. It's been 2 month after I interviewed. Here is the following inquiry that I did.

What's else should I do next? I can do the congressman again in about 6 weeks. When should plan to do the Ombudsman request.?

Hey PT.

There is a guy above that attempted to get ombudsman help and they came back to him saying it was within the usual time frame (6 months) so they couldn't help him.

I think you should try the ombudsman asap, you're over the 6 months so you might have a bit more luck, as well as a "case outside normal processing time" inquiry.

Who knows whats going on in Chicago.

Try the ombudsman’s Office

Hello again,

I’m under F1 visa status. Do you have to compete I765 in the AOS package ? I do not have a EAD card but I have a SSN

Indeed it’s absolutely great. However I have few questions. As a F1 student do I have to fill I765 ? I don’t have a EAD card

You’ve been referred to a great resource which it doesn’t seem like you’re interested in going through. As a student it really shouldn’t be that difficult to figure out that tool you know.

No one here is going to categorically tell you yes or no with regards to the EAD. Go through the spreadsheet, read the pros and cons and decide if you need the EAD card or not.

One more thing, is it required to consult a lawyer to complete the AOS package?

You can consult or hire a lawyer if you like. Majority of the people here have gone through or are going through the process without a lawyer. Most people find the the spreadsheet and this forum to be enough.

Sm1smom

Yes you right. After a careful look on it I realized this is not that hard. Sorry to bother. By the way, is it good to fill the forms by a pen or type using the computer?

Hey! Good morning, everyone.

I'm getting mixed views and feedback with regards to Green Card Biometrics for Minors online, and was wondering if anyone can share their knowledge and or experience with regards to this? Reason I'm asking... my boy is 2 years old, and as initially expected he didn't get a Bio appointment letter. My wife then put some doubt in my mind by simply asking: "so what photo will they be using for him?" So...
1. What do they issue for a minor?
2. Will he have to go for fingerprints? My understanding is no, but some say (google search) that they actually had to take their kids for fingerprints
3. If #2 is true (need to go for fingerprints), when will this have to happen, as he will not go along to our bio appointment.
4. And then the question my wife asked. What photo will they be using for his GC?

Thanks,
DaDipps