• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

Do I need to have a separate Cover letter for each applicant (my derivatives and I) or just one cover letter at the top of the package that lists all supporting document for me and for my derivatives?
Thanks

Got them on the line and they confirmed my change of address but they have not sent it yet.
Operator mentioned that I should wait 30 days after acceptance before calling back.

Actually my neighbor had the letter for more than a week, appointment tomorrow - USCIS sent the letter the day before I made my change of address was confirmed.
I have updated the timeline file with the real "in the mailbox" date not to create noise in the data sample.

So turns out the operator gave me a standard answer to my non-standard question.
I specifically asked if she could confirmed that the ASC letter was not sent and she said that it was not sent.
Looks like the only information they had was the same as what they see on the egov website.

Hi Mom, so the visa bulletin just got released and I can see that all areas are CURRENT in July.
1- having said that, if my number is 2019AS00012XXX, Do i need to use the early filing if I want to submit my package now in May?

if the above is "Yes", I will fill out the information you have provide in the Cover letter sample (My package is being submitted on the basis of the Diversity Visa cut off number listed on the Advanced Notification section of the August 2014 (use your applicable month/year in place of the August date sample) Visa Bulletin, the priority date for my case number is July 1st, 2015)

2-in my case, is the Advanced Notification section June 2019 , and the priority date for my case number is July 1st, 2019. ?

Thanks

Actually my neighbor had the letter for more than a week, appointment tomorrow - USCIS sent the letter the day before I made my change of address was confirmed.
I have updated the timeline file with the real "in the mailbox" date not to create noise in the data sample.

So turns out the operator gave me a standard answer to my non-standard question.
I specifically asked if she could confirmed that the ASC letter was not sent and she said that it was not sent.
Looks like the only information they had was the same as what they see on the egov website.

Well... good luck! Let us know how it went?

Hello @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and fellow 2019 AOSers,

I have my Green Card Interview tomorrow (!!!!), and wanted to ask for any final advice anyone may want to quickly share with me about the interview process itself?

Everyone's accounts of their experience, both current and past years have been very informative but just wanted to see if there's any specific things perhaps pertaining to their questioning that may be helpful. Perhaps in regards to intentions if you were granted a GC, or why you entered the DV Lottery. Given I'm on an E3, I figure it's best to to play like I had no intentions of immigrating upon entering, but decided to do so after having lived in the country for some time and heard of the DV Lottery. And secondly if I get accepted, I would continue with my current employer and place of residence - basically maintain the same life lived on the current visa. These responses seem as though they would be appropriate and common.

Any little advice pertaining to those would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Well... good luck! Let us know how it went?

Went there in the morning and I saw too many people queuing.
Went back this afternoon around 1-1:30pm - I was in and out in less than 10min - quick, easy and helpful people there.
They even told me I looked like a superstar when taking the picture; you can't have a better experience than that.

Dear all,
I have been waiting for this moment to post the summary of my case here.
This morning, I eventually received my green card in my mailbox.

I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who contributes in this forum, especially Sm1smom and damo1089 who have been really helpful in answering my questions. Thank you so much!
Comments:
- BE PATIENT: this whole process is a game of waiting. Even I waited for only 3 weeks after interview to CPO. The feeling was like 3 years, especially for someone who was on non-immigrant visa like me. The consequence can be huge if we eventually got denied. I totally understand that feeling, but it's a really good patience exercise I would say.
- READ THE SPREADSHEET: (Almost) Everything you need is there...seriously... It's clear, easy to follow, and comprehensive...well organized...thanks to those who compiled all the information. You can read it a least a few times...if you really cannot find the info you want...just come to this forum.

Good luck everyone!

DV2019 Asia region Current in January 2019
Previous status: F1 PhD student in STEM field listed on TAL
Timeline:
3 JAN 2019 - DV Visa fee payment by USPS money order
24 JAN 2019 - Received DV adjustment letter in email (but not in mailbox) - equivalent to 2NL I believe I never submitted DS-260

31 JAN 2019 - Mailed in Form I-485 by USPS Priority Mail Express (Recommended - 1 day delivery)
4 FEB 2019 - Payment shown on creditcard account
6 FEB 2019 - Acceptance text (but not email) received
9 FEB 2019 - First notice of action/payment receipt received in mailbox

15 FEB 2019 - Biometrics Letter received in mailbox - scheduled for 28 FEB 2019
25 FEB 2019 - Early Biometrics walk-in at Raleigh, NC ASC - no problem - took about an hour wait.
18 MAR 2019 - Interview letter received in mailbox (mailed from Raleigh, NC Field Office) No status update online-actually showing error
16 APR 2019 - Interview attended at Raleigh, NC Field Office No approval/decision made on the spot

Post-interview:
29 APR 2019 - Called KCC to check if case file has been transferred to USCIS - told case file was transferred on 19 APR 2019 (3 days after interview) to Raleigh, NC USCIS field office.
Was waiting for 3 weeks and about to contact the congressman to make an inquiry...
7 MAY 2019 - Status online changed to CPO
11 MAY 2019 - Notice of Approval received in mailbox (mailed from USCIS NBC)
14 MAY 2019 - Actual green card received in mailbox after USCIS mailed out your GC, they provided the USPS tracking number in the check status portal

I'm sorry for some reason the system didn't allow me to post the whole thing in the same post.

DV2019 Asia region Current in January 2019
Previous status: F1 PhD student in STEM field listed on TAL
Timeline:
3 JAN 2019 - DV Visa fee payment by USPS money order
24 JAN 2019 - Received DV adjustment letter in email (but not in mailbox) - equivalent to 2NL I believe I never submitted DS-260

Firstly, congrats on getting your GC - that is great news! Must be a huge relieve to finally have it.

You mention that you did not submit your DS-260... I'm curious to know if you completed the DS-260, but just didn't submit it, or did you just not bother with completing it all together?

Went there in the morning and I saw too many people queuing.
Went back this afternoon around 1-1:30pm - I was in and out in less than 10min - quick, easy and helpful people there.
They even told me I looked like a superstar when taking the picture; you can't have a better experience than that.

Nice! One step closer

Hello @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and fellow 2019 AOSers,

I have my Green Card Interview tomorrow (!!!!), and wanted to ask for any final advice anyone may want to quickly share with me about the interview process itself?

Everyone's accounts of their experience, both current and past years have been very informative but just wanted to see if there's any specific things perhaps pertaining to their questioning that may be helpful. Perhaps in regards to intentions if you were granted a GC, or why you entered the DV Lottery. Given I'm on an E3, I figure it's best to to play like I had no intentions of immigrating upon entering, but decided to do so after having lived in the country for some time and heard of the DV Lottery. And secondly if I get accepted, I would continue with my current employer and place of residence - basically maintain the same life lived on the current visa. These responses seem as though they would be appropriate and common.

Any little advice pertaining to those would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks! :)

A step closer...congrats!
I think you understand it correctly no immigration intent on arrival->immigration intent developed later.
Avoid saying anything about immigration intent if not ask would be safe. - My IO didn't ask at all.

Don't forget to check and bring all the necessary documents. - review the interview letter and the spreadsheet.
Hopefully, you will get the approval on the spot tomorrow!!

***PERSONAL OPINION***
If not approved on the spot, I would recommend you POLITELY ask your IO about the process after interview.
The chance that you will directly get to meet this IO again after the interview is almost zero.
- Has he/she requested your case file from KCC? You can also call KCC to check before you go to the interview->You can KINDLY advise your IO to do so if he/she didn't know about this. At least for my IO, mine was his first DV case. He didn't know much about the program.
- Has everything in the background check process has been cleared for you?
- What else is he/she still waiting for?

It might not change how your case will be processed and it might just be the matter of time/waiting/be patient.
But at least for me personally, I just prefer to get an insight (even a bit more...if possible) for something that greatly affects my life.
This might help for your waiting period.

Good luck!

Firstly, congrats on getting your GC - that is great news! Must be a huge relieve to finally have it.

You mention that you did not submit your DS-260... I'm curious to know if you completed the DS-260, but just didn't submit it, or did you just not bother with completing it all together?
Hi @DaDipps,
I didn't complete it at all.
I actually never got to that page on the Department of State website to start the process.

My first action for AOS was to submit the DV fee to the DOS box in St.Louis, Missouri.

Hi Mom, so the visa bulletin just got released and I can see that all areas are CURRENT in July.
1- having said that, if my number is 2019AS00012XXX, Do i need to use the early filing if I want to submit my package now in May?

if the above is "Yes", I will fill out the information you have provide in the Cover letter sample (My package is being submitted on the basis of the Diversity Visa cut off number listed on the Advanced Notification section of the August 2014 (use your applicable month/year in place of the August date sample) Visa Bulletin, the priority date for my case number is July 1st, 2015)

2-in my case, is the Advanced Notification section June 2019 , and the priority date for my case number is July 1st, 2019. ?

Thanks

1. Yes. Unless you’re waiting till July 1st to send in AOS package.
2. Yes.

15 FEB 2019 - Biometrics Letter received in mailbox - scheduled for 28 FEB 2019
25 FEB 2019 - Early Biometrics walk-in at Raleigh, NC ASC - no problem - took about an hour wait.
18 MAR 2019 - Interview letter received in mailbox (mailed from Raleigh, NC Field Office) No status update online-actually showing error
16 APR 2019 - Interview attended at Raleigh, NC Field Office No approval/decision made on the spot

Post-interview:
29 APR 2019 - Called KCC to check if case file has been transferred to USCIS - told case file was transferred on 19 APR 2019 (3 days after interview) to Raleigh, NC USCIS field office.
Was waiting for 3 weeks and about to contact the congressman to make an inquiry...
7 MAY 2019 - Status online changed to CPO
11 MAY 2019 - Notice of Approval received in mailbox (mailed from USCIS NBC)
14 MAY 2019 - Actual green card received in mailbox after USCIS mailed out your GC, they provided the USPS tracking number in the check status portal

I'm sorry for some reason the system didn't allow me to post the whole thing in the same post.

Please update the 2019 timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so. That is the only way to ensure several others benefit from your experience.

WOW! I see that all regions has gone current! Is it fair to assume that they might reopen and select more/new DV winners?
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-june-2019.html

No. At this stage in the game there is no really time to properly process winners, most of whom don't forget do CP and need DS260s submitted, processed, docs emailed to KCC for scrutiny before interviews can be scheduled, interviews set up 6-8 weeks in advance, etc. If there is a second draw it is usually around October (so just as interviews for the new fiscal year begin), and they base it (as far as we can figure out) on what the response rate to date on submitted DS260s has been since initial winners were announced.