• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

There is nothing said about my wife's petition. Even on the Rejection letter only my name. (principal applicant). Her card charged 04-09-2019 and the date on the Rejection receipt is the same. Even I received sms notification on same day which says " your case received" from USCIS
And receipt number which they send to me via sms is different from the receipt number on Rejection notice . I checked it online it says, Fingerprint fee was received.

And receipt number which they send to me via sms is different from the receipt number on Rejection notice . I checked it online it says, Fingerprint fee was received.

Okay, so your wife’s petition was accepted. You only need to re-file yours with the correct forms.

Okay, so your wife’s petition was accepted. You only need to re-file yours with the correct forms.
Should I add any information about my wife's case that they not get confused? Because since she is derivative, we got married after I applied for DV lottery but before I was selected as a winner.

Should I add any information about my wife's case that they not get confused? Because since she is derivative, we got married after I applied for DV lottery but before I was selected as a winner.

You can add a cover note, indicating your wife’s petition (who is your derivative) has already been accepted. Not sure how much good that will do, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt.

Hello everyone, my visa number is Asia 11XXX. My current status is studying in the US and my visa is F1. I observed the number of last year, July is the number 10500 and Current in August. I think this year my number should be called in July. But I heard that the AOS process in the United States will take about 4 months to finish whole process and get the green card. Does anyone know if I have all the required documents sent and received the receipt for the interview notice before September 30, am I still qualified to be interviewed even if the date is over September 30?

Hello everyone, my visa number is Asia 11XXX. My current status is studying in the US and my visa is F1. I observed the number of last year, July is the number 10500 and Current in August. I think this year my number should be called in July. But I heard that the AOS process in the United States will take about 4 months to finish whole process and get the green card. Does anyone know if I have all the required documents sent and received the receipt for the interview notice before September 30, am I still qualified to be interviewed even if the date is over September 30?

You’ll need to be interviewed and/or approved on or before September 30th.

Hi Mom, I am filling my I-485 and have several questions so i will submit separate post for each question. Thanks in advance:

I am filling the employment History in the i-485 Page 5. I work as a permanent full time employee, so I entered my starting date, but I am not sure what to put in the To(mm/dd/yyyy) as the form only accepts dates and there is not option like Current or Present
  1. Do I put Today’s date (based on the date that I will be printing signing the form?
  2. I read in other post that I can disable java script in adobe and which will allow me to enter any value in this field including string, I’ve tried that in worked and I was to type “Present”, is this recommended?
  3. if both above options are valid, Which one do you recommend : 1 or 2 ?
Thanks

Hi Mom,

In I-485, Page 10, part 8, General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds, Question 17:

Have you EVER violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant status?

1. Is applying for Asylum after being legally admitted to the U.S through B1/B2 visa considered a violation?
  2. if the answer is “yes” , then what should I write in the part 14 additional information ?
Thank,

Hi Mom,

My case number is 2019AS12XXX, and with the current pace of the visa bulletin I am expecting “hopefully” to become current in July.
Being coming from muslim banned country and have a pending asylum case, I just want buy time and have everything ready so that I can submit my package on the day that I can apply for early filing.

1. To have everything prepared, can I complete all my medical exams and vaccinations now (early May) and ask my doctor to sign it later about two weeks before I submit my package, or do all the blood work and vaccinations has to be done and dated within 60 days prior to sending the package?

Thanks

Hi Mom, I am filling my I-485 and have several questions so i will submit separate post for each question. Thanks in advance:

I am filling the employment History in the i-485 Page 5. I work as a permanent full time employee, so I entered my starting date, but I am not sure what to put in the To(mm/dd/yyyy) as the form only accepts dates and there is not option like Current or Present
  1. Do I put Today’s date (based on the date that I will be printing signing the form?
  2. I read in other post that I can disable java script in adobe and which will allow me to enter any value in this field including string, I’ve tried that in worked and I was to type “Present”, is this recommended?
  3. if both above options are valid, Which one do you recommend : 1 or 2 ?
Thanks

You can go with 2. Or leave the "TO" section blank.

Hi Mom,

In I-485, Page 10, part 8, General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds, Question 17:

Have you EVER violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant status?

1. Is applying for Asylum after being legally admitted to the U.S through B1/B2 visa considered a violation?
  2. if the answer is “yes” , then what should I write in the part 14 additional information ?
Thank,

1. Answer yes if Asylum petition was filed after going out of status (that is if asylum petition was accepted by USCIS after I-90 expiration).
2. If answer is yes, instruction says "provide an explanation of the events and circumstances" applicable to your case, so I can't provide you with information on what you should write there.

Hi Mom,

My case number is 2019AS12XXX, and with the current pace of the visa bulletin I am expecting “hopefully” to become current in July.
Being coming from muslim banned country and have a pending asylum case, I just want buy time and have everything ready so that I can submit my package on the day that I can apply for early filing.

1. To have everything prepared, can I complete all my medical exams and vaccinations now (early May) and ask my doctor to sign it later about two weeks before I submit my package, or do all the blood work and vaccinations has to be done and dated within 60 days prior to sending the package?

Thanks

Discuss with your CS. However, here's what USCIS has to say regarding validity of form I-693:

"A Form I-693 is valid only when a civil surgeon signs it no more than 60 days before the date an applicant files the application for the underlying immigration benefit; and USCIS adjudicates the application within 2 years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature. "

1. Answer yes if Asylum petition was filed after going out of status (that is if asylum petition was accepted by USCIS after I-90 expiration).
2. If answer is yes, instruction says "provide an explanation of the events and circumstances" applicable to your case, so I can't provide you with information on what you should write there.
Thank you Mom!, So i have applied for Asylum before my i-94 enty was expired. in other words, i was granted admission for 6 months and i have filed my asylum application before that 6 months end, (more sepcifiacally after 2 months from my entry to the U.S). So in this case just say No ?

Last edited:
Discuss with your CS. However, here's what USCIS has to say regarding validity of form I-693:

"A Form I-693 is valid only when a civil surgeon signs it no more than 60 days before the date an applicant files the application for the underlying immigration benefit; and USCIS adjudicates the application within 2 years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature. "
Thank you very much!

Hello all,

I received the IL. But it looks wierd to me. In the letter head it says Call-in letter. How are your interview letters looks like?

Then it mentioned the reason for appointment for "i-485 interview" which is fine. But it only asks me to bring my passport. No other documents was requested.

Is it normal? Does it look the same for you guys?

There’s no specific template for the IL, each FO produces their own IL. You already got your IL, that’s all that matters. Focus on preparing for your interview. The letter may not provide you with a list of documents to bring, you’re still required to be fully prepared and have on hand any document that may help with your case - your IO can request to see any document deemed necessary for your case.

There’s no specific template for the IL, each FO produces their own IL. You already got your IL, that’s all that matters. Focus on preparing for your interview. The letter may not provide you with a list of documents to bring, you’re still required to be fully prepared and have on hand any document that may help with your case - your IO can request to see any document deemed necessary for your case.
Thsnk you so much. You are always helpful.