• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi! Just a quick question regarding this. We are in a similar situation (VISA expiring in July, have been current and sent everything in October but still haven't been called to interview). Aren't you supposed to be able to stay until September 30th, even if your VISA expired? I thought I read in an older post, or maybe it was somewhere else, that this was allowed...
Until when is your i94 valid? That is what is important, not the visa expiry or the end of the fiscal year. What kind of visa are you on?
Edit to amend: of course, as per mom’s post, FY end is indeed important if you have fallen into adjustment pending.

Last edited:
Hi! Just a quick question regarding this. We are in a similar situation (VISA expiring in July, have been current and sent everything in October but still haven't been called to interview). Aren't you supposed to be able to stay until September 30th, even if your VISA expired? I thought I read in an older post, or maybe it was somewhere else, that this was allowed...

Visa expiration is not what determines duration of stay, it is the I-94. So if the visa in one’s passport expires or is about to expire, the person’s current status remains valid based on duration of allowed stay noted on the I-94. If the I-94 expires while the AOS petition is pending, the person then rolls over to what is known as adjustment pending (which is also a legal status) until the AOS petition is adjudicated or the end of the applicable FY in the case of a DV based AOS petition.

Hi Mom

Quick question I did unpaid internship for 3 months during opt before I continue higher degree do I need to list this internship in the job section I-485 or no?

Thanks

Visa expiration is not what determines duration of stay, it is the I-94. So if the visa in one’s passport expires or is about to expire, the person’s current status remains valid based on duration of allowed stay noted on the I-94. If the I-94 expires while the AOS petition is pending, the person then rolls over to what is known as adjustment pending (which is also a legal status) until the AOS petition is adjudicated or the end of the applicable FY in the case of a DV based AOS petition.

Thanks! The i94 says D/S, so guess no limit? We are on a G4 VISA. If we roll over to adjustment pending, can we still work with our valid EAD? Hopefully, it won't get to it, we have already been waiting for the IL for more than 4 months, but want to be prepared!

Guys,
I have been waiting for the next visa bulletin but nothing today morning.
What is your experince ? Do they release VB on weekends or it is going to be Monday then?

Thanks! The i94 says D/S, so guess no limit? We are on a G4 VISA. If we roll over to adjustment pending, can we still work with our valid EAD? Hopefully, it won't get to it, we have already been waiting for the IL for more than 4 months, but want to be prepared!

You can’t roll into an adjustment pending status if your I-94 is D/S - which is a valid status as long as you remain in the US. That status only ceases to exist when your AOS petition is approved. Yes you can continue working.

You can still do it, the Medical exam is not immediate (mostly because of the quantiferon) and results are still valid for 90 days (might depend on the care center though).
Only the form needs to have been signed by the doctor no more than 60 days before acceptance.
If I had prepared better, I would have seen a primary doctor first to do this check since it is mostly covered by my health insurance; Immigration medical visit is never covered by insurance and costs around 150-200 + lab work + x-ray + vaccines if needed - adds up pretty fast.

In detail that gives:
- Varicella - You just have to confirm that you got it as a kid - if not vaccine is not cheap
- MMR - It's either a written record of 2 vaccines shots - In Europe they did not systematically do 2 shots (only one) for a while prior to 2006. Not sure where you are but there is a Measle outbreak in NY, doesn't hurt to get your vaccination
- Tuberculosis, they don't do the skin test anymore (because it brings false positive results for people who have been vaccinated) and you need a quantiferon result (or a chest ray exam) not more than 90 days old
- For STDs you need a blood test or written prior results not more than 90 days old - Cheap - USD 30 tops
- Flu vaccine if during flu season; I have not been asked but (October 1st - April 30th is typically the window they check)
- Tetanus - You have to have been vaccinated or gotten a boost shot in the past 10y (they can do it during your visit - not cheap - else it is usually covered by most health insurance but you need to see a primary doctor)

Your call ;)

You can still do it, the Medical exam is not immediate (mostly because of the quantiferon) and results are still valid for 90 days (might depend on the care center though).
Only the form needs to have been signed by the doctor no more than 60 days before acceptance.
If I had prepared better, I would have seen a primary doctor first to do this check since it is mostly covered by my health insurance; Immigration medical visit is never covered by insurance and costs around 150-200 + lab work + x-ray + vaccines if needed - adds up pretty fast.

In detail that gives:
- Varicella - You just have to confirm that you got it as a kid - if not vaccine is not cheap
- MMR - It's either a written record of 2 vaccines shots - In Europe they did not systematically do 2 shots (only one) for a while prior to 2006. Not sure where you are but there is a Measle outbreak in NY, doesn't hurt to get your vaccination
- Tuberculosis, they don't do the skin test anymore (because it brings false positive results for people who have been vaccinated) and you need a quantiferon result (or a chest ray exam) not more than 90 days old
- For STDs you need a blood test or written prior results not more than 90 days old - Cheap - USD 30 tops
- Flu vaccine if during flu season; I have not been asked but (October 1st - April 30th is typically the window they check)
- Tetanus - You have to have been vaccinated or gotten a boost shot in the past 10y (they can do it during your visit - not cheap - else it is usually covered by most health insurance but you need to see a primary doctor)

Your call ;)

Interesting. Thank you.
I looked here and there because I heard some PCP do these exams but I never found one that would do it.
Any advice ? (in NY?)

Interesting. Thank you.
I looked here and there because I heard some PCP do these exams but I never found one that would do it.
Any advice ? (in NY?)

I did mine in Brooklyn by a pediatrician from the uscis website and was 200 + 30 flu shot and 40 tetanus, blood work and urine lab work was included in 200. There are some other places where they charge for the lab work as well. Call around a few and ask them about the price.

I suggest you to go tomorrow because since the blood work and urine test take appr a week to get the results. And only after that they will determine which shots you needed so you loose a week if your number become current on Monday

Interesting. Thank you.
Any advice ? (in NY?)

USCIS provides a website to find a doctor (can't post it here for some reason)
I called a bunch of places but they only quote the medical exam in general.
Lab work and vaccines are not always included, that's where it can hurt.

I went to Forest Urgent Care LIC because someone recommended it, open Monday to Sunday, and one stop away from Grand Central.
It's walk in only and I spent around one hour there, nice people and clean.
There might be better spots but then it is a question of how much you value your personal time.
Exam was 165 (I got quotes at 140 elsewhere but less convenient for me):
+ vaccines range from 20 to 150 depending on what you need (max 500-600 if you were never vaccinated)
+ lab work up to 125 for the full (that's why seeing a primary doctor helps with the lab work is being covered by insurance).
So in short, 165 + 60 (lab work for Quantiferon) + 20 (STDs) sounds like a minimum.

Given your nickname, you are French as well, so you have a beautiful blue "Carnet de Sante", else other records of vaccination helps to bring the cost down.
Doctor double-checks foreign medical terms but having translated the bear minimum helps to speed things up.

Hi All,
I know you mentioned that the new i-485 doesn't mention anything about submitting financial information for AOS application, but you recommend doing so - Im unsure if I have the right documents to submit for this so wondering IfI just submitted my 1040 Tax forms for past 3 years which showed what I earned in the USA for past few tax years - would that suffice? Or best to just not include anything.
Thanks again for all your help ;)

USCIS provides a website to find a doctor (can't post it here for some reason)
I called a bunch of places but they only quote the medical exam in general.
Lab work and vaccines are not always included, that's where it can hurt.

I went to Forest Urgent Care LIC because someone recommended it, open Monday to Sunday, and one stop away from Grand Central.
It's walk in only and I spent around one hour there, nice people and clean.
There might be better spots but then it is a question of how much you value your personal time.
Exam was 165 (I got quotes at 140 elsewhere but less convenient for me):
+ vaccines range from 20 to 150 depending on what you need (max 500-600 if you were never vaccinated)
+ lab work up to 125 for the full (that's why seeing a primary doctor helps with the lab work is being covered by insurance).
So in short, 165 + 60 (lab work for Quantiferon) + 20 (STDs) sounds like a minimum.

Given your nickname, you are French as well, so you have a beautiful blue "Carnet de Sante", else other records of vaccination helps to bring the cost down.
Doctor double-checks foreign medical terms but having translated the bear minimum helps to speed things up.

Correct, for the record I have all my vaccination up to date since I had a check up in France before moving to the US.
I ll do what Tommasi and you suggested.

Thank you so much for all of your time and advice.
Such a great community.