• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
I got this status update today. I still haven't gotten my receipt notice in the mail and I think it was returned to them(by the mail woman who thought it was incorrectly addressed) and they are letting me know they sent it back. At least I think it's that, I might be not understanding the phrasing very well
20190412_154653.jpg

- Tuberculosis, they don't do the skin test anymore (because it brings false positive results for people who have been vaccinated) and you need a quantiferon result (or a chest ray exam) not more than 90 days old

Care to shed more light on this? What’s the source re “they don’t do skin test anymore”?

Hi Mom,
I got this status update today. I still haven't gotten my receipt notice in the mail and I think it was returned to them(by the mail woman who thought it was incorrectly addressed) and they are letting me know they sent it back. At least I think it's that, I might be not understanding the phrasing very well
View attachment 1038

It’s possible it was never mailed in the first place and they just discovered the omission even though they previously sent you a notification saying it was being mailed. Fingers crossed, it makes its way to you this time around, that’s what matters. And thanks for the update by the way. Hope you’re updating the timeline spreadsheet also?

It’s possible it was never mailed in the first place and they just discovered the omission even though they previously sent you a notification saying it was being mailed. Fingers crossed, it makes its way to you this time around, that’s what matters. And thanks for the update by the way. Hope you’re updating the timeline spreadsheet also?
I see, yeah, I guess that is possible as well. I can't think of any other document that could be mailed. I set my partner's parents address and they just forgot to mention that they are getting mail on someone else's name at first. But I did receive the bio letter, so I thing the mail issue resolved.
And, yes, for sure! I am updating it every time I get something!

Care to shed more light on this? What’s the source re “they don’t do skin test anymore”?

I am talking about my experience only at the place I have been to; I have no intent to make that a generality as I am not expert in Tuberculosis testing and USCIS Medical requirements.

The doctor in the place I have been to mentioned (on paper) that since 10/1/2018, they replaced PDD testing (a.k.a. skin test) by QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (lab work with blood test) for everyone.
And the reason they give is that: in the case where you have been injected with BCG vaccine - I had a record of that - and/or are still immunized - it is not a very efficient vaccine as I understand - PDD will bring false positive results - you can type "false positive pdd" in Google - which then requires X-rays or a Quantiferon.

To your point, PDD testing might still be allowed but it is prone to false-positives and the place I have been to simply does not do that anymore.

I am talking about my experience only at the place I have been to; I have no intent to make that a generality as I am not expert in Tuberculosis testing and USCIS Medical requirements.

The doctor in the place I have been to mentioned (on paper) that since 10/1/2018, they replaced PDD testing (a.k.a. skin test) by QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (lab work with blood test) for everyone.
And the reason they give is that: in the case where you have been injected with BCG vaccine - I had a record of that - and/or are still immunized - it is not a very efficient vaccine as I understand - PDD will bring false positive results - you can type "false positive pdd" in Google - which then requires X-rays or a Quantiferon.

To your point, PDD testing might still be allowed but it is prone to false-positives and the place I have been to simply does not do that anymore.

So you shouldn’t be making a general statement as such because it is misleading. Saying “ they don’t do skin testing anymore” implies all USCIS designated CS no longer carry out TB skin tests. This statement wouldn’t have been challenged if you clearly indicated in that post that the CS you visited no longer performs skin tests.

FYI: I know about false positive result to TB skin test due to BCG inoculation received as a baby which leads to a chest X-ray exam. I don’t need to type anything in goggle, I covered this issue as a matter of fact on the “Medical Exam” tab of the AOS process spreadsheet which also has tips on how one could have saved a bit on the entire medical exam itself.

I see, yeah, I guess that is possible as well. I can't think of any other document that could be mailed. I set my partner's parents address and they just forgot to mention that they are getting mail on someone else's name at first. But I did receive the bio letter, so I thing the mail issue resolved.
And, yes, for sure! I am updating it every time I get something!

You don’t reside at the address you listed on your I-485? Or you listed it under your physical residence section but are using your partner’s parents address for mailing only?

Hi All,
I know you mentioned that the new i-485 doesn't mention anything about submitting financial information for AOS application, but you recommend doing so - Im unsure if I have the right documents to submit for this so wondering IfI just submitted my 1040 Tax forms for past 3 years which showed what I earned in the USA for past few tax years - would that suffice? Or best to just not include anything.
Thanks again for all your help ;)

I suggest you take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet.

You don’t reside at the address you listed on your I-485? Or you listed it under your physical residence section but are using your partner’s parents address for mailing only?
I put is as my mailing address only, in the section where alternative mailing address goes! I don't trust my apartment complex with mail.

Hi again Mom and all,

A surprisingly strange thing happened to me last night! I received my interview letter!!! I had done my biometrics on Monday 4/8/2019 and the interview letter has been issued on 4/9/2019. Since I am "Iranain", isn't it strangely abnormal?? Do you have any comments?

I've also got a few questions about the attachment on the back of the letter regarding to the required documents the interviewee must take with him/herself.

1) It wants me to fill out the form G-325A? It seems like the form is for "Deferred action". What does that mean?
2) It says I have to bring employment letters from both of my employers? Do they address the married couples for this part? I don't have two employers!
3) I have been heard that I must bring the medical with me because the immigration officer would accept it during the interview. But I have already sent that with my package. Does the officer have it at the time of the interview? Should I bring the copy of it with me? Do I have to redo my medical??

Thank you so much

Hi again Mom and all,

A surprisingly strange thing happened to me last night! I received my interview letter!!! I had done my biometrics on Monday 4/8/2019 and the interview letter has been issued on 4/9/2019. Since I am "Iranain", isn't it strangely abnormal?? Do you have any comments?

I've also got a few questions about the attachment on the back of the letter regarding to the required documents the interviewee must take with him/herself.

1) It wants me to fill out the form G-325A? It seems like the form is for "Deferred action". What does that mean?
2) It says I have to bring employment letters from both of my employers? Do they address the married couples for this part? I don't have two employers!
3) I have been heard that I must bring the medical with me because the immigration officer would accept it during the interview. But I have already sent that with my package. Does the officer have it at the time of the interview? Should I bring the copy of it with me? Do I have to redo my medical??
Thank you so much

It is not completely abnormal since the FOs are responsible for scheduling their interviews as they deem fit - looks like your FO is not one of those super busy ones, they prefer to schedule interviews ASAP without waiting for background check clearance to happen first. So in your case, they will interview you, but will wait for the background check to clear before final adjudication happens.

1. Your IL is a generic one, and an old one as a matter of fact. The listed items are sent to all their AOSers, it is not a specific requirement for you.
2. Same as 1 above.
3. What you heard is not applicable to your case. Yes take the copy of the already submitted medical exam along. As a matter of fact, review the AOS process spreadsheet for interview tips and guidance on what to take along.

You can still do it, the Medical exam is not immediate (mostly because of the quantiferon) and results are still valid for 90 days (might depend on the care center though).
Only the form needs to have been signed by the doctor no more than 60 days before acceptance.
If I had prepared better, I would have seen a primary doctor first to do this check since it is mostly covered by my health insurance; Immigration medical visit is never covered by insurance and costs around 150-200 + lab work + x-ray + vaccines if needed - adds up pretty fast.

In detail that gives:
- Varicella - You just have to confirm that you got it as a kid - if not vaccine is not cheap
- MMR - It's either a written record of 2 vaccines shots - In Europe they did not systematically do 2 shots (only one) for a while prior to 2006. Not sure where you are but there is a Measle outbreak in NY, doesn't hurt to get your vaccination
- Tuberculosis, they don't do the skin test anymore (because it brings false positive results for people who have been vaccinated) and you need a quantiferon result (or a chest ray exam) not more than 90 days old
- For STDs you need a blood test or written prior results not more than 90 days old - Cheap - USD 30 tops
- Flu vaccine if during flu season; I have not been asked but (October 1st - April 30th is typically the window they check)
- Tetanus - You have to have been vaccinated or gotten a boost shot in the past 10y (they can do it during your visit - not cheap - else it is usually covered by most health insurance but you need to see a primary doctor)

Your call ;)

Be careful about following this advice. Make sure to confirm with the Civil Surgeon about what they will transfer and what they absolutely want done at their office. You don't want to spend money on tests with your PCP only to have to pay again to get them done by the CS!

For example, my medical exam included the office visit, verification of vaccine records (mine were all complete and up-to-date, so I had no additional expenses there), Quantiferon Gold TB test, and Syphilis & Gonorrhea tests that the CS would not accept from other sources. It was $375 total but out-of-pocket because the CS's office was not part of my insurance network.

It is not completely abnormal since the FOs are responsible for scheduling their interviews as they deem fit - looks like your FO is not one of those super busy ones, they prefer to schedule interviews ASAP without waiting for background check clearance to happen first. So in your case, they will interview you, but will wait for the background check to clear before final adjudication happens.

1. Your IL is a generic one, and an old one as a matter of fact. The listed items are sent to all their AOSers, it is not a specific requirement for you.
2. Same as 1 above.
3. What you heard is not applicable to your case. Yes take the copy of the already submitted medical exam along. As a matter of fact, review the AOS process spreadsheet for interview tips and guidance on what to take along.

Sure,

Thank you Mom

Hi Mom,
I am new to this forum. My number became current in April. I am the principal applicant. Me and my wife sent our I - 485 package on April 1 st, today we received a rejection notice due to invalid G- 1450. We included in our package two forms of G 1450, one for me and one for my wife. They charged my wife's card though. In the I-797 C (Rejection Notice) it says that any supporting documentation has been returned to you. However they sent back only all of my documentations (principal applicant) and several supporting documentations of my wife but her I- 485, passport pics, visa, I- 20 and etc are missing; and included a green notice saying that I can resubmit. Does that mean that they kept derivatives applicant documentations or it got lost? In order to resubmit should I mail back what I have received or should we make new copies and fill out I - 485 for my wife again?
Thank you

Hi Mom,
I am new to this forum. My number became current in April. I am the principal applicant. Me and my wife sent our I - 485 package on April 1 st, today we received a rejection notice due to invalid G- 1450. We included in our package two forms of G 1450, one for me and one for my wife. They charged my wife's card though. In the I-797 C (Rejection Notice) it says that any supporting documentation has been returned to you. However they sent back only all of my documentations (principal applicant) and several supporting documentations of my wife but her I- 485, passport pics, visa, I- 20 and etc are missing; and included a green notice saying that I can resubmit. Does that mean that they kept derivatives applicant documentations or it got lost? In order to resubmit should I mail back what I have received or should we make new copies and fill out I - 485 for my wife again?
Thank you

You post is a bit difficult to comprehend.

Is there an acceptance notification for your wife’s petition? When was your wife’s card charged? The rejection notice you received, does it list both you and your wife, or just you?

You post is a bit difficult to comprehend.

Is there an acceptance notification for your wife’s petition? When was your wife’s card charged? The rejection notice you received, does it list both you and your wife, or just you?
There is nothing said about my wife's petition. Even on the Rejection letter only my name. (principal applicant). Her card charged 04-09-2019 and the date on the Rejection receipt is the same. Even I received sms notification on same day which says " your case received" from USCIS

There is nothing said about my wife's petition. Even on the Rejection letter only my name. (principal applicant). Her card charged 04-09-2019 and the date on the Rejection receipt is the same. Even I received sms notification on same day which says " your case received" from USCIS

The notification message you received, was it for your wife’s petition?