• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi,

I was selected for DV-2019 (2019EU23XXX) and happily resides in the USA under L1 visa.
Your Excel is very useful and I can't wait for my CN to become Current - hopefully, it will soon be the case.

Checking the AOS process tab, it is not clear if I would be receiving the 2NL before my case goes current (Step 4).
My DS-260 was completed sometime last year, more than 2 months ago.
Should I expect the 2NL to be sent once my case is current or should I have received it and contact the KCC?

Thanks for taking the time!

For AOSers, 2NL receipt is not tied to when the CN becomes current. Most AOSers receive it within 2 weeks to months of DS260 form submission, some have taken a bit longer. Not a big deal. Contacting KCC about AOS based 2NL tends to be a fruitless frustrating experience as KCC tends to say they don’t issue 2NL for AOSers. So be patient.

I know my question is not relevant to this topic. But please guide me if possible.

I am international student and i have a reduced course load which was authorized by the DSO from International office. This allows me to enroll in below than 9 credit hours which is necessary for graduate students. She said that i am still in F1 status, but they mentioned in my SEVIS record that i have requested a reduce course load due to academic difficulty. Does this jeopardize my AOS process?

For AOSers, 2NL receipt is not tied to when the CN becomes current. Most AOSers receive it within 2 weeks to months of DS260 form submission, some have taken a bit longer. Not a big deal. Contacting KCC about AOS based 2NL tends to be a fruitless frustrating experience as KCC tends to say they don’t issue 2NL for AOSers. So be patient.

Thanks for the quick answer!
I checked again and I submitted my DS260 in May 2017.
Since my case number is pretty high, I would understand why they'd wait to send it.

1.a. Is it possible to file an AOS package and be processed without the 2NL if my case goes current?
1.b. Else is there any way to "nudge" my case is don't receive it?

2. And if 2NL is not tied to the case being Current, do you have an idea why it is needed? (acknolewdgement of some kind by USCIS?)

Last edited:
Kindly ask anyone who can answer my last question to guide me in that matter.

Your wife’s approval notice was received on the 13th, and two days later you’re already stressing about contacting USCIS ???

Thanks for MOM's reply! Your reply strongs AOSer's mind.
Because the USCIS's website usually has a time delay, I have a little bit worry about missing the message. We will wait for an additional one week for the GC coming. I will also update my wife's timeline here and spreadsheet.
Thank you so much!! : )

I know my question is not relevant to this topic. But please guide me if possible.

I am international student and i have a reduced course load which was authorized by the DSO from International office. This allows me to enroll in below than 9 credit hours which is necessary for graduate students. She said that i am still in F1 status, but they mentioned in my SEVIS record that i have requested a reduce course load due to academic difficulty. Does this jeopardize my AOS process?

It shouldn’t. Having a RCL because of academic difficulties is allowed.

Thanks for the quick answer!
I checked again and I submitted my DS260 in May 2017.
Since my case number is pretty high, I would understand why they'd wait to send it.

1.a. Is it possible to file an AOS package and be processed without the 2NL if my case goes current?
1.b. Else is there any way to "nudge" my case is don't receive it?

2. And if 2NL is not tied to the case being Current, do you have an idea why it is needed? (acknolewdgement of some kind by USCIS?)

1a. Yes
1b. I don’t understand what you mean by nudge your case.

2. You already answered your own question. It’s an indication of KCC’s awareness of your plan to process AOS.

Are you comparing your Timeline with similar cases processed by your FO, or you’re simply comparing to cases that became current in January?

I compared with both CN that were current in January and people that did their process in Los Angeles (like me). By both metrics I should have received my IL by now according to historical trends.

I compared with both CN that were current in January and people that did their process in Los Angeles (like me). By both metrics I should have received my IL by now according to historical trends.

Don’t focus or compare your Timeline with other CNs current in January, each FO schedules interview based on their specific workload. You should also bear in mind background checks completion varies even for cases in the same FO. I think your processing time is still on track, considering there’s another January current CN in LA which is yet to receive an IL also. Of course you can go on an INFOPASS to follow up in person if you prefer.

Dear mom,

As i mentioned earlier, i have an RCL for Spring 2019 semester. And it has been mentioned in the page 2 of my i20 form that i was authorized by DSO of my school to have the RCL. Do you advise me to ask from DSO to issue me a separate letter which mention i am maintaining my F1 status? or having only that i20 form in my AOS package is enough?

Dear mom,

As i mentioned earlier, i have an RCL for Spring 2019 semester. And it has been mentioned in the page 2 of my i20 form that i was authorized by DSO of my school to have the RCL. Do you advise me to ask from DSO to issue me a separate letter which mention i am maintaining my F1 status? or having only that i20 form in my AOS package is enough?

Yes, that’s not a bad idea.

Hi, All,

I got a quick question. Do we have to evaluate our certificates (such as high school certificate) by one of the evaluation services in the United States or just the official translation (which has been done in our country) would be enough?
I know evaluation is necessary for the NIW applicants but I could not find anything for DV Lottery cases. I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you

Hi, All,

I got a quick question. Do we have to evaluate our certificates (such as high school certificate) by one of the evaluation services in the United States or just the official translation (which has been done in our country) would be enough?
I know evaluation is necessary for the NIW applicants but I could not find anything for DV Lottery cases. I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you

Some FOs require it. The IL will indicate this requirement in such a case.

Some FOs require it. The IL will indicate this requirement in such a case.
Thank you for your prompt response mom. So the fact that there is nothing on the USCIS website for DV lottery applicants means this is not officially required, yet it could be asked by some FOs? I mean, does providing such a document in the AOS package make the case any stronger?

Thank you for your prompt response mom. So the fact that there is nothing on the USCIS website for DV lottery applicants means this is not officially required, yet it could be asked by some FOs? I mean, does providing such a document in the AOS package make the case any stronger?

If the FO requires a particular document, consider the document “officially required” by the FO regardless of what the website says. Uscis’s website doesn’t say anything about a financial document either, (form I485 instruction actually erroneously says financial evidence is not required to be presented by a DV applicant), yet it is one of the things taken into consideration during the approval process. So go figure!

The AOS process spreadsheet already contains a list of what I consider necessary, feel free to include an evaluated copy of your HS Diploma with your package if you like.

You received it because you’ve made the DV Administrative Fee payment - shows KCC is aware you plan on processing AOS even if you’re yet to submit the DS260 form.

I also received a similar letter through email from KCCDV@state.gov. But I haven't submitted a DS-260 and I only made payments to Dept. of State. May be I received this letter because of the payment I made to Dept. of State.

I have few questions on this.

1) Can I consider this letter with the text "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)" as my 2NL and attach that with the AOS package?

2) I am planning to send the AOS package on or before 01-March-2019. In that case, does it make any sense to submit a DS-260? (earlier I did not know about any advantage of submitting DS-260 before filling I-485).

I also received a similar letter through email from KCCDV@state.gov. But I haven't submitted a DS-260 and I only made payments to Dept. of State. May be I received this letter because of the payment I made to Dept. of State.

I have few questions on this.

1) Can I consider this letter with the text "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)" as my 2NL and attach that with the AOS package?

2) I am planning to send the AOS package on or before 01-March-2019. In that case, does it make any sense to submit a DS-260? (earlier I did not know about any advantage of submitting DS-260 before filling I-485).

1. That is THE 2NL.

2. Probably not.