• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

I am a DV lottery winner for 2019 in the OCEANIA with a number just above 950. My question is, I just renewed my 01 visa so Im am lawfully in the USA with a non immigrant visa valid till late 2021. I am yet to do a DS_160 yet but I am unsure about whether to do consulate processing of AOS as the numbers seem to be going very slowly and im worried as AOS takes longer that it will expire before i have the greencard. Is it safer and quicker to do consulate processing over AOS, I just want to do which ever one is more likely to get me the GC , whatever the cost is.

hi mom.

I had my interview today. Apparently, i was stuck at name check, and IO can't approve my case. She said she's trying to expedite the background check.

What else I can do at this point aside from waiting?
I did my Bio on first week of October last year.
It's gonna be a stressful wait for me this point onwards.

Not much except follow with them for status update. Visit your FO every 3 to 4 weeks (INFOPASS appt) for now to follow up.

I am a DV lottery winner for 2019 in the OCEANIA with a number just above 950. My question is, I just renewed my 01 visa so Im am lawfully in the USA with a non immigrant visa valid till late 2021. I am yet to do a DS_160 yet but I am unsure about whether to do consulate processing of AOS as the numbers seem to be going very slowly and im worried as AOS takes longer that it will expire before i have the greencard. Is it safer and quicker to do consulate processing over AOS, I just want to do which ever one is more likely to get me the GC , whatever the cost is.

Go through the AOS process spreadsheet, it has the pros and cons of AOS vs. CP. Then decide for yourself which process best suits your needs.

Hi Mom and fellow AOSers,

Almost finished preparing my AOS package. Case number just became current and sending it out on Monday.

Wanted to ask some questions for clarity:

1. On an E-3 visa, currently employed. I am including W-2's, Pay Stubs, and Tax Return Transcipt like Spreadsheet suggests but as I don't have a lot of personal savings (far less than 10K) I'm including I-134 Affidavit of Support. My query is should I still include my Bank Statements for my Check and Savings accounts, even though there isn't a whole lot of money there (more than bottom of the barrel but minimal). Just don't want to appear like a potential public charge. (Also including Title of my Car/Proof of Ownership/Registration to show as an asset).

2. Do the Passport photos need to be initialed or signed on the back?

3. Should I write my full name and case number on all documents submitted, just to be safe?

4. A lot of great helpful info about assembling the package but wanted to ask what others have used to hold and separate sections. I'm going to use paper clips and binder clips. Anyone use envelopes to separate the forms and supporting evidence, or just one big stack separated by binder clips?

Any advice or feedback is as always greatly appreciated. Thanks and excited to get this submitted.

:)

Almost finished preparing my AOS package. Case number just became current and sending it out on Monday.

1. On an E-3 visa, currently employed. I am including W-2's, Pay Stubs, and Tax Return Transcipt like Spreadsheet suggests but as I don't have a lot of personal savings (far less than 10K) I'm including I-134 Affidavit of Support. My query is should I still include my Bank Statements for my Check and Savings accounts, even though there isn't a whole lot of money there (more than bottom of the barrel but minimal). Just don't want to appear like a potential public charge. (Also including Title of my Car/Proof of Ownership/Registration to show as an asset).

3. Should I write my full name and case number on all documents submitted, just to be safe?

4. A lot of great helpful info about assembling the package but wanted to ask what others have used to hold and separate sections. I'm going to use paper clips and binder clips. Anyone use envelopes to separate the forms and supporting evidence, or just one big stack separated by binder clips?

Any advice or feedback is as always greatly appreciated. Thanks and excited to get this submitted.

Hi Pitsandpieces,

Can I just ask if you filled out a Ds-160 for your AOS. I know that its not compulsary but just seeing if people normally do for AOS while already on another visa.

Thankyou and good Luck!

- David

1. If you’re including an I-134 with the applicable supporting documents, you can do without including your bank documents. Forget the car documents, it’s not adding any value to the package.

2. You can write your full name, makes it easier to relate to the package in case they fall off.

3. Not necessary IMO.

Not much except follow with them for status update. Visit your FO every 3 to 4 weeks (INFOPASS appt) for now to follow up.
Hi mom,
Thanks for the answer. Do you think Tier 2 can give that information whether the it's been cleared?
The reason is my FO doesn't schedule infopass.

Hi @pittsandpieces ,

Just want to share my assemble experience. I did not use any envelopes. I just used small binder clips. Also I used tabs to separate my package and two whole punch on the top of the package (it is not necessary, but since I work in the office I have those office supplies). Put it into one big envelope and send. If helpful I used this link to get an idea of how to assemble the package:

@Mila05 Thank you for sharing the video. Do you also happen to have photos of your package, of course without showing any personal information? Thanks
Hi @guitarek
That's what I forgot to do((( But I assembled as in the video: i-485 and all supporting docs. On top of i-485 I put credit card authorization payment and e-notification form. Photos in a small CVS envelop, I attached on top with a small clip. Each photo I signed with my first and last name. Order of AOS package I used as in the spreadsheet.

Hi @Mila05
Thanks for your feedback. I am just not sure if there should be a cover letter that indicates what is included in each tab as the video shows (the tabs that are separated in the page separator that are marked as A, B, C, D). did you have that sort of cover letter that show how your package is organized and what each tab includes ?Thanks

Hi @Mila05
Thanks for your feedback. I am just not sure if there should be a cover letter that indicates what is included in each tab as the video shows (the tabs that are separated in the page separator that are marked as A, B, C, D). did you have that sort of cover letter that show how your package is organized and what each tab includes ?Thanks
Sorry forgot to mention about cover letter. Yes, I used the sample from the spreadsheet.
So I outlined everything in the cover letter. Plus all tabs (A, B, C, D or 1,2,3,4) when you buy a pack they have some sort of table of contents included (see this link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Re...ents-Asst-Dividers-12-Tab-Ltr-6-Sets/14931975). I typed the order of the package and printed on the table of content paper.

Hope this helps :)

Sorry forgot to mention about cover letter. Yes, I used the sample from the spreadsheet.
So I outlined everything in the cover letter. Plus all tabs (A, B, C, D or 1,2,3,4) when you buy a pack they have some sort of table of contents included (see this link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Re...ents-Asst-Dividers-12-Tab-Ltr-6-Sets/14931975). I typed the order of the package and printed on the table of content paper.

Hope this helps :)

Hi @Mila05
Thanks so much for that. of course it helps a lot :)
much appreciated.

question....when an application is rejected, will they notify you by text or email first or just return it to you? I sent my application two weeks ago and no notification and the check has also not been cashed. I thought it might be due to the two workdays they lost because of the storm but found out from the spreadsheet some applications that were sent after that have been actioned. there is probably nothing here but its hard not to fret!

question....when an application is rejected, will they notify you by text or email first or just return it to you? I sent my application two weeks ago and no notification and the check has also not been cashed. I thought it might be due to the two workdays they lost because of the storm but found out from the spreadsheet some applications that were sent after that have been actioned. there is probably nothing here but its hard not to fret!

There’s no notification for a rejected package from the Chicago Lockbox.

What name should I put for the check? Pay to the order of who?

Also, what others did use for pictures? I have to set of form i 485 and i 765, should I send two different set of pictures or 4 pictures in one container?

Hi Pitsandpieces,

Can I just ask if you filled out a Ds-160 for your AOS. I know that its not compulsary but just seeing if people normally do for AOS while already on another visa.

Thankyou and good Luck!

- David

Hi David,

I didn't complete DS-160 but I did complete the DS-260 if that is what you meant. I completed DS-160's for both my J-1 and E-3 visas but from all of the information stated in the AOS Spreadsheet and what I researched, nonwhere seemed to suggest completing DS-160 was necessary. I'm assuming because it is for when you apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa and since you're applying for Permanent Residency, it is a different application: Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registrant Application (DS-260)

But I'd recommend doing the DS-260 if you're processing via AOS.

Hope this helps.