• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi mom,
I'm currently on H1B and live in NJ. My case is current on November, and i filed AOS mid-september (last month) with EAD/AP.
My bio was suppose to be scheduled last Friday (10/12).
Did my bio walk-in on 10/1. The day after case was changed "finger review completed" and stuck there till now.
1. For DV AOS case, does IO normally/typically also update the case online to "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" / "interview is scheduled", or rather the field office will send the notice without updating the case online?
2. I have a thanksgiving plan to travel out of country. seems it's safer for me to postpone it? I have h1b visa stamp, but EAD/AP is still pending. I heard the application is considered abandoned if I travel out when AP is pending.

Hi mom,
I'm currently on H1B and live in NJ. My case is current on November, and i filed AOS mid-september (last month) with EAD/AP.
My bio was suppose to be scheduled last Friday (10/12).
Did my bio walk-in on 10/1. The day after case was changed "finger review completed" and stuck there till now.
1. For DV AOS case, does IO normally/typically also update the case online to "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" / "interview is scheduled", or rather the field office will send the notice without updating the case online?
2. I have a thanksgiving plan to travel out of country. seems it's safer for me to postpone it? I have h1b visa stamp, but EAD/AP is still pending. I heard the application is considered abandoned if I travel out when AP is pending.

1. Status update typically doesn’t change until after the petition gets adjudicated, the update remains as is until then.

2. H1B is a dual intent status which allows for traveling outside the US with a pending AOS petition (and without an approved AP) without the AOS petition being considered abandoned. Only thing you need to be aware of is the fact that admission or re-admission into the US is never guaranteed for anyone except a USC.

1. Status update typically doesn’t change until after the petition gets adjudicated, the update remains as is until then.

2. H1B is a dual intent status which allows for traveling outside the US with a pending AOS petition (and without an approved AP) without the AOS petition being considered abandoned. Only thing you need to be aware of is the fact that admission or re-admission into the US is never guaranteed for anyone except a USC.

Thanks mom. that's good to know. I was afraid that my case was stuck at MSC, prolonging the wait for my case to reach my local FO.

I did my medical exam in August thinking that my case will be current in October but now it will be current in December.
1. Do I have to again do my Medical since I am planning to send my package on 1st December?

Hi Mom,

My wife won the 2019DV and we sent our AOS packaged last week and thought all is good.
When we filled my (the derivative) I-485 we thought I do not have an A-number.
Today I realized I actually did get an A number - I got it when I applied for an employment atutorazation few years back under the J2 visa that I had back than.
(We did attach a picture of my EAD card (with what I now realize is my A-number on it). To prove I worked legally to the AOS package but as I mentioned we didn't right it on my I-485 form).

My questions are:
1. I'm currently on an O1 visa so I do not work with (or need) the old EAD card. Is the number on my old EAD card still considered my A-number?
2. Should we wait for the interview to explain the mistake.
3. Is there anything we should do now?
4. Will my I-485 be rejected/denied because of this mistake?
5. Will this put our/my GC approval in danger?

Thanks,
N

Hi,

My wife and I are PhD student in the US with F1 status. we were studying at same university then in August 2018 she transferred to another university which is in another state far from me. I was planning to fill same address in 485 (my address) because she is supposed to get back on holidays and between semesters. and also we wanted an interview in a same FO together.

now, there are mailing address part and address history for last 5 years part in the form. which one determine the interview place? if I do not mention her new address in new state it cause problem? all of our furniture and staff are in my address and I receive her bank statement and bills here and have her name in my lease contract as well, even she gave to her new university my address as her home.

Hi Mom,

My wife won the 2019DV and we sent our AOS packaged last week and thought all is good.
Today I realized I actually did get an A number - I got it when I applied for an employment atutorazation few years back under the J2 visa that I had back than.
(We did attach a picture of my EAD card (with what I now realize is my A-number on it). To prove I worked legally to the AOS package but as I mentioned we didn't right it on my I-485 form).

My questions are:
1. I'm currently on an O1 visa so I do not work with (or need) the old EAD card. Is the number on my old EAD card still considered my A-number?

Thanks,
N
Did that number start with A?
I have the same issue and ai don't know if I should put my EAD card number for A number because everywhere it says Anumber is immigration Visa number not non immigration status.

Did that number start with A?
I have the same issue and ai don't know if I should put my EAD card number for A number because everywhere it says Anumber is immigration Visa number not non immigration status.
It didn't have an A but it says USCIS# which according to what I read online is the A number...

It didn't have an A but it says USCIS# which according to what I read online is the A number...
I don't think that is A. You EAD card was non immigrants. I read A number is a number that belongs to immigrants applicant. I still wait to hear from mom. I am wondering for my own case as well.

Hi Mom:

Thanks for your previous help. Your answer is very helpful.
I am preparing AOS package and will send it next month. (my CN-2019AS24XX will be current in Dec.)
I am F1 (still studying, not working, no SSN, but have ITIN), and my wife is H1B (working for two years).
My question is
1. Should I put my ITIN document in the AOS package?
2. Should I also put both my wife's tax return and my bank statement in the AOS package? If putting tax return is necessary, how many years should I involve?
3. Another question about filling out forms. If I do not have A-number and middle name, could I leave it blank? Or filling out N/A or None?

Thanks for taking ur time on my questions.

Hi Mom,

My questions are:

Thanks,
N

1. The USCIS # on an EAD card can be listed as the A#.
2, 3, 4, 5. This is a minor issue, don’t stress over it. Not even worth pointing out at the interview.

Hi,

My wife and I are PhD student in the US with F1 status. we were studying at same university then in August 2018 she transferred to another university which is in another state far from me. I was planning to fill same address in 485 (my address) because she is supposed to get back on holidays and between semesters. and also we wanted an interview in a same FO together.

now, there are mailing address part and address history for last 5 years part in the form. which one determine the interview place? if I do not mention her new address in new state it cause problem? all of our furniture and staff are in my address and I receive her bank statement and bills here and have her name in my lease contract as well, even she gave to her new university my address as her home.

The FO is usually based on the current home address, I’ve however seen a few cases where it was assigned based on the mailing address. You must be truthful on the I485, her current physical address needs to be listed.

Hi Mom:

Thanks for your previous help. Your answer is very helpful.
I am preparing AOS package and will send it next month. (my CN-2019AS24XX will be current in Dec.)
I am F1 (still studying, not working, no SSN, but have ITIN), and my wife is H1B (working for two years).
My question is
1. Should I put my ITIN document in the AOS package?
2. Should I also put both my wife's tax return and my bank statement in the AOS package? If putting tax return is necessary, how many years should I involve?
3. Another question about filling out forms. If I do not have A-number and middle name, could I leave it blank? Or filling out N/A or None?

Thanks for taking ur time on my questions.

1. You need to be specific as to what ITIN documents you’re asking about.
2. Yes. 3 - 5 years (if you have them).
3. Leave those sections blank.

We successfully walked in for biometrics today in Chicago. Just had to charm our way past the security guard and then wasn't asked anything more about it. Super easy process, in and out in under an hour. I thought it would be busy like a social security office but there weren't that many people there at all.

We successfully walked in for biometrics today in Chicago. Just had to charm our way past the security guard and then wasn't asked anything more about it. Super easy process, in and out in under an hour. I thought it would be busy like a social security office but there weren't that many people there at all.
Why did you walk in and didn't go on your schedule?

1. You need to be specific as to what ITIN documents you’re asking about.
2. Yes. 3 - 5 years (if you have them).
3. Leave those sections blank.

Hi Mom:

ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number ). My wife files the tax report and needs my SSN to complete the report. Because I don't have SSN, ITIN is an alternative for IRS. Sample as below...

123.png

The FO is usually based on the current home address, I’ve however seen a few cases where it was assigned based on the mailing address. You must be truthful on the I485, her current physical address needs to be listed.
Thank you for your response.

I am thinking to mention both addresses for her but mention last date of residence to present for both. and add an extra sheet to her 485 explaining "her home is my address but because she has to attend at the new university for classes she stays at her address during semesters. but prefer to have interview and biometric appointment according to her home address (mine)"

Do you think it works? please let me know your opinion.

Thank you