• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello ,
I’m dv2019 selectee and i'm an asylee too ! I came to united states on b2 visa and filed it before I became out of status . However, when I mailed the application somehow it got lost and it arrived to the USCIS office one day before my husband went out of status ! But I forgot to check some boxes so they returned it to me ! And I resent couple of days later !
I don’t know if they will consider my husband out of status and they will not accept his application ! Another thing I know that Virginia office doesn’t process gc for pending asylum! I have talked with several ppl who got rejected ! Where did you see cases get approved!

1. Your husband is not eligible to process a DV based AOS petition. His asylum petition is not considered timely file - he was out of status when USCIS received the petition.

2. The AOS process spreadsheet contains Timeline spreadsheets from 2011 with FO information - take a look at them.

On a side note, you do realize your FO will be assigned based on the home address listed on your I-485? You can’t be shopping around for a FO you consider more favorable to your case/situation. If you move to a new place or utilize an address (where you actually do reside) for the purpose of filing AOS, that is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining immigration benefits.

Hi - wondering if there's any AOSers that didn't complete the DS-260 and received their Green Cards. The USCIS is adamant that you do not need to complete DS-260 if you reside legally in the U.S. I'm aware that you advice to complete the form.
1. Will be great/interesting to know what the process was, or the differences.
2. What about your 2NL?
a. Did you receive one? And if not,
b. Did it actually play any major role in not having one.

Thanks!

Hi Mom,
I am on status until June 2019 under F1 and I am working with OPT.

I am thinking of enrolling to school and extend my status even though I know my number will be current probably in March or April and I may not need to do it. But I am afraid for some reason they deny my application and I can't reapply.

I will probably apply to a new program before I do AOS so they will approve my I20 before they see my interntion for aos, but they will see I have applied for asylum.

1. Would enrolling to another program look like a fraud when I am also applying for AOS?
2. I also am in a full-time position and I would like to continue working if they give me EAD card, but I also know that would make me out of status, would you think it is risky to do that?
3. As I mentioned, I have also applied for asylum and have pending asylum (interview has done), once I apply for AOS and use AOS EAD card, what would happen to my status? would it be asylum pending or AOS pending?
FYI, I am from Iran which is one of those travel ban countries and I don't have the option to go back to Iran or another country and do CP. They will never give me a visa again.

Hi Mom,
I am on status until June 2019 under F1 and I am working with OPT.

I am thinking of enrolling to school and extend my status even though I know my number will be current probably in March or April and I may not need to do it. But I am afraid for some reason they deny my application and I can't reapply.

I will probably apply to a new program before I do AOS so they will approve my I20 before they see my interntion for aos, but they will see I have applied for asylum.

1. Would enrolling to another program look like a fraud when I am also applying for AOS?
2. I also am in a full-time position and I would like to continue working if they give me EAD card, but I also know that would make me out of status, would you think it is risky to do that?
3. As I mentioned, I have also applied for asylum and have pending asylum (interview has done), once I apply for AOS and use AOS EAD card, what would happen to my status? would it be asylum pending or AOS pending?
FYI, I am from Iran which is one of those travel ban countries and I don't have the option to go back to Iran or another country and do CP. They will never give me a visa again.

1. No.
2. You already know what happens once you use an AOS based EAD card to work - I can’t tell you if that could be a risky move or not, you’ll have to make the determination yourself.
3. Your current status is F1, once that status expires and you start using an AOS based EAD card, you become asylum pending since you’ve already had your asylum interview. If the DV based AOS petition gets denied, the DV AOS based EAD card becomes invalid.

Hi - wondering if there's any AOSers that didn't complete the DS-260 and received their Green Cards. The USCIS is adamant that you do not need to complete DS-260 if you reside legally in the U.S. I'm aware that you advice to complete the form.
1. Will be great/interesting to know what the process was, or the differences.
2. What about your 2NL?
a. Did you receive one? And if not,
b. Did it actually play any major role in not having one.

Thanks!

None of the other members here (apart from the usual suspects) can answer because no AOS cases for DV2019 have been processed yet.

The DS260 is not part of AOS "processing". The reason we recommend completing it is to allow KCC to open a file, and we (I) believe it can speed up the KCC reaction time later when the FO requests the file (which is a required step). So - there is some reason to complete it, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Hi, I have elementary questions about filling I-485.
in 485 filling instructions it says to don't leave questions unanswered and use "N/A" or for numeric questions if you are gonna say 0 or none use "None".

1- we really need to fill every thing and can not leave any box empty like signature date of interpreter (I am not using interpreter) or beginning date of work experience (I have no work experience)?

2- I have no A-number, i should type N/A or None? in general for Receipt numbers, online account number, or zip codes which one is appropriate? None or N/A?

3- what is underlying petition? should I have a underlying petition number for DV category?

4- I served in army since it was mandatory. what is nature of this organization?

Thank you

I entered into the US by using passport. and I am typing my passport number in the related field.
Do I need to repeat my passport number in the field related to travel document number as well? or just N/A for travel document number.
I thought passport could be a kind of travel document.

Dear MOM,

Thank you for your continual help. One of my friends wants to fill out i134 form on behalf of me. She has a family here. How much money/income she should demonstrates that she has, to be eligible to sponsor me?

Another question,

If i want to sponsor myself through showing a statement from my bank account. How much this money should be for 1 person?
Is it possible to get this money from my friend and put it in my bank account and get a statement from my bank account which shows that i have enough money in my bank account to sponsor myself, and then pull out this money from my bank account and give it back to my friend?

Can this way be a way to show that i can sponsor myself?

Hi, I have elementary questions about filling I-485.
in 485 filling instructions it says to don't leave questions unanswered and use "N/A" or for numeric questions if you are gonna say 0 or none use "None".

1- we really need to fill every thing and can not leave any box empty like signature date of interpreter (I am not using interpreter) or beginning date of work experience (I have no work experience)?

2- I have no A-number, i should type N/A or None? in general for Receipt numbers, online account number, or zip codes which one is appropriate? None or N/A?

3- what is underlying petition? should I have a underlying petition number for DV category?

4- I served in army since it was mandatory. what is nature of this organization?

Thank you

1. Some sections can and should be left blank regardless of the instructions. One needs to use their discretion and apply some common sense when filing the form.

2. Leave them blank.

3. Not applicable to DV based AOS petitions.

4. I don’t understand your question.

I entered into the US by using passport. and I am typing my passport number in the related field.
Do I need to repeat my passport number in the field related to travel document number as well? or just N/A for travel document number.
I thought passport could be a kind of travel document.

The travel document question is for someone who used some other form of document different from a passport to enter the the US. If you already provided passport information that question is not applicable to you. Leave it blank.

Another question,

If i want to sponsor myself through showing a statement from my bank account. How much this money should be for 1 person?
Is it possible to get this money from my friend and put it in my bank account and get a statement from my bank account which shows that i have enough money in my bank account to sponsor myself, and then pull out this money from my bank account and give it back to my friend?

Can this way be a way to show that i can sponsor myself?

I don’t provide guidance on how to fraudulently obtain immigration benefits - presenting a bank statement with money that isn’t yours is a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit.

Hi Mom,

I see the mentions of Visa Bulletin for December 2019 in internet forums which tells that for EU it would be 6600. But I still don't see the December Visa Bulletin on DoS site. Is there some mailing lists from USCIS to immigration attorneys? I just don't understand how it's possible But strangely enough there is still no official information on the Department of State site.

And I should wait for it before filing the application to the USCIS, right?

The other question is about 30-60-90 rule. With my current H1-B status as for the main applicant and H-4 dependants, we shouldn't be worrying about it, right? This restriction doesn't applicable to us, correct?

Hi Mom,

I see the mentions of Visa Bulletin for December 2019 in internet forums which tells that for EU it would be 6600. But I still don't see the December Visa Bulletin on DoS site. Is there some mailing lists from USCIS to immigration attorneys? I just don't understand how it's possible But strangely enough there is still no official information on the Department of State site.

Yes it’s there, the November bulletin has the numbers for December for DV. There is always advance notification for the next month for DV.

1. Some sections can and should be left blank regardless of the instructions. One needs to use their discretion and apply some common sense when filing the form.

2. Leave them blank.

3. Not applicable to DV based AOS petitions.

4. I don’t understand your question.

thank you mom
in the 485 form there is a question asking about military organization that you have been member of or serving in. in continue is asks about nature of this organization. do you have any idea about what can be nature of army?

thank you mom
in the 485 form there is a question asking about military organization that you have been member of or serving in. in continue is asks about nature of this organization. do you have any idea about what can be nature of army?

Form I-485 is an 18 page form with close to 100 questions or more! You honestly can’t assume I know what is being asked on the different sections of the form or that I have the time to be scrolling up and down to find the section you’re asking about. You need to do much more if you really want some guidance: what is/are the specific question number(s) AND page(s) on the form?

Form I-485 is an 18 page form with close to 100 questions or more! You honestly can’t assume I know what is being asked on the different sections of the form or that I have the time to be scrolling up and down to find the section you’re asking about. You need to do much more if you really want some guidance: what is/are the specific question number(s) AND page(s) on the form?

you are right. I am sorry about that

it is part 8, question 4. attached

Attachments

• nature of group.jpg
    nature of group.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi Mom,
The other question is about 30-60-90 rule. With my current H1-B status as for the main applicant and H-4 dependants, we shouldn't be worrying about it, right? This restriction doesn't applicable to us, correct?

It depends. Did you and your dependents recently entered the US?