• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
I'm writing the cover letter for my I-485 petition.
1. According to the Google Sheet I need to supply a 'notice of action for extension of status authorization'.
Is this the I-797 form?
2. I don't have an I-797 form, only an I-20. Is this sufficient?
3. It also says to attach "copy of adjustment of status notification letter from KCC". Is this the 2NL?
4. As evidence of support - we're filing our bank statements, pay stubs, employment letter and evidence of savings in our origin country. Is that enough to prove financial support, or do we also need a sponsor to sign an I-134 form for us?
I'm asking this because until this very moment I didn't think I need the I-134.
Thank you!

Hello Mom,

I have a question regarding my military service.
I come from a country where a military service is mandatory.
I explained that on my I-485 form.
Do I need to include in my AOS package evidence of my military service (translated from my home country), or should I just save it for my interview?

Thank you so much!
N

Hi Mom,
Thank you for being so helpful!
About 10 days ago, we sent a cashier's check and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the State Department with the details of our DV case, as payment for the processing fee of our request.
Today we received in the mail our envelope: in it was the same sheet of paper we have enclosed with the details of our case, stamped with a stamp that said 'paid' (please see attachment).
Is this the receipt for payment we need to send with our I-485?
do we need anything else as receipt?
Thank you!

hey there. best of luck for your case in next steps.
I paid DV fee about 17 days ago. i checked my postal money order and it has been cashed but, i did not receive my envelope by now. should i be worry in this case?
can i do something about that?

Mom please tell me what should i do? i am worry about my envelop.

Hi Mom,
I'm writing the cover letter for my I-485 petition.
1. According to the Google Sheet I need to supply a 'notice of action for extension of status authorization'.
Is this the I-797 form?
2. I don't have an I-797 form, only an I-20. Is this sufficient?
3. It also says to attach "copy of adjustment of status notification letter from KCC". Is this the 2NL?
4. As evidence of support - we're filing our bank statements, pay stubs, employment letter and evidence of savings in our origin country. Is that enough to prove financial support, or do we also need a sponsor to sign an I-134 form for us?
I'm asking this because until this very moment I didn't think I need the I-134.
Thank you!

1. No, Google sheet does not say you “need to supply a notice of action for extension of status authorization”. What you’ve quoted is from a SAMPLE cover letter included on the spreadsheet. The sample cover letter needs to be modified by whoever is using it to reflect what actually applies to them, it shouldn’t be used as a check list. Use the list on the AOS process spreadsheet itself (again, NOT the sample cover letter) to determine what you need to include in your AOS package. Then once you’ve figured that out, modify the cover letter to reflect precisely what is applicable to you.

2. AOS process spreadsheet clearly states “if applicable” for an I-797.

3. 2NL.

4. Use the Poverty Guideline for affidavit of support to determine if your income is at or above the level required for your family size to determine if you need to get an I-134 or not. If your income is above the level applicable to your family, then yes your employment letter, bank stamens, IRS tax return, pay slips are enough to demonstrate you’re not likely to become a public charge.

Hello Mom,

I have a question regarding my military service.
I come from a country where a military service is mandatory.
I explained that on my I-485 form.
Do I need to include in my AOS package evidence of my military service (translated from my home country), or should I just save it for my interview?

Thank you so much!
N

AOS package

hey there. best of luck for your case in next steps.
I paid DV fee about 17 days ago. i checked my postal money order and it has been cashed but, i did not receive my envelope by now. should i be worry in this case?
can i do something about that?

Mom please tell me what should i do? i am worry about my envelop.

Patience.

Hi, Mom:
My CN is AS24XX, and it will be current in December (Dec CN is AS2900).
Could I have a question about what is the earliest date I can file I485, sending AOS package to Chicago lockbox? Can I send the AOS package on 1st, Nov?

The second question is about 2NL, I get a mail from KCC.
Its title is "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" and mentions that "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)". Is the letter 2NL?

Thank you!

Hi, Mom:
My CN is AS24XX, and it will be current in December (Dec CN is AS2900).
Could I have a question about what is the earliest date I can file I485, sending AOS package to Chicago lockbox? Can I send the AOS package on 1st, Nov?

The second question is about 2NL, I get a mail from KCC.
Its title is "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" and mentions that "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)". Is the letter 2NL?

Thank you!

1. Please see the AOS process spreadsheet - this is fully covered on the spreadsheet.
2. Yes.

Dear MOM,

I am an international student here and i do not know anyone across the united states to help me in anyway.
I mean i am here on my own and i am trying to survive in a foreign country.
I do not want to miss this opportunity which has been given to me.
I really need you to help me.

As i mentioned earlier, i paid DV fee through postal money order on 09/24/2018. i checked the status of money order over the phone. it says, it has been cashed on 09/27/2018 but i did not receive my envelope by now. By today, it has been 18 days and i did not receive my envelope.
i know you mentioned in spreadsheet it takes long between 2 and 4 weeks to receive the envelope.
But, have you ever seen anybody to receive his/her envelope about a month or that period of time is just a prediction?
the reason i asked you this question is, i live in a city which is located so close to St.Louis. so, receiving my envelope should not take that long? Am i right? OR because my case number is AS000052**, DOS wants to process my case more late?

How can i be informed if DOS has sent my envelope back to me?
if my envelope has been sent by DOS to me but, it get lost in its way to me, how can i know if it got lost?
how much more time do you advise to me to wait and be patient to receive my envelope?
what should i do in case i do not receive my envelope after one month?

Thank you for your time and i do apologize for my long post.

Dear MOM,

I am an international student here and i do not know anyone across the united states to help me in anyway.

As i mentioned earlier, i paid DV fee through postal money order on 09/24/2018. i checked the status of money order over the phone. it says, it has been cashed on 09/27/2018 but i did not receive my envelope by now. By today, it has been 18 days and i did not receive my envelope.
i know you mentioned in spreadsheet it takes long between 2 and 4 weeks to receive the envelope.
But, have you ever seen anybody to receive his/her envelope about a month or that period of time is just a prediction?
the reason i asked you this question is, i live in a city which is located so close to St.Louis. so, receiving my envelope should not take that long? Am i right? OR because my case number is AS000052**, DOS wants to process my case more late?

if my envelope has been sent by DOS to me but, it get lost in its way to me, how can i know if it got lost?
how much more time do you advise to me to wait and be patient to receive my envelope?

You don’t seem to realize this process requires a lot of patience, extra patience in your case as a matter of fact since you’re chargeable to Iran. I already told you to exercise some patience regarding the payment receipt, your CN is far from being current to start with. Anyways, you can email KCC if you can’t exercise some patience like I already suggested.

And you might want to go through some of the past AOS threads by the way - that may give you a better insight into the process.

Dear MOM,

Checking in. I waited close to a month for my receipt. I even didn't fill in the paper that gets stamped, just wrote my info on scrap paper.

Some nice employee wrote my info on the proper page for me, stamped it and sent it back.

It will come. Just relax in the mean time.

Checking in. I waited close to a month for my receipt. I even didn't fill in the paper that gets stamped, just wrote my info on scrap paper.

Some nice employee wrote my info on the proper page for me, stamped it and sent it back.

It will come. Just relax in the mean time.

Thank you so much for your hopeful respond.
close to month means more than 25 days?
Are you located so far from St. louis?
Because im so close to St. loius and thats why i expect to receive the receipt in a sooner time.

Thank you so much for your hopeful respond.
close to month means more than 25 days?
Are you located so far from St. louis?
Because im so close to St. loius and thats why i expect to receive the receipt in a sooner time.
KCC is very slow with those DV fee receipts, so 1 month is not unheard of. In their understanding-as far as I’ve seen-if your CN is not current yet,they assume you can afford to wait. It’s also difficult to know the exact DV fee queue size(how many of these fees they have to process at the same time). Mine took 2 months to get, and in the end they sent it because I called and spoke to a supervisor about the delay, so if you’re not current in December, give them another month and after that send them an email if you still haven’t received it.

KCC is very slow with those DV fee receipts, so 1 month is not unheard of. In their understanding-as far as I’ve seen-if your CN is not current yet,they assume you can afford to wait. It’s also difficult to know the exact DV fee queue size(how many of these fees they have to process at the same time). Mine took 2 months to get, and in the end they sent it because I called and spoke to a supervisor about the delay, so if you’re not current in December, give them another month and after that send them an email if you still haven’t received it.

Thank you so much for your respond and attention.
I can tell that i can see bunch of real good people in this forums.
Thank you all and special thanks to MOM for managing this forum and making that helpful spreadsheet.

Hello,
Im living in usa legal.
My case number eu15***.
Just i changed the status as a aos.
But im wondering is that number big for aos?
Or am i should the change cp?
Whats your advise?
Also im living Miami.
Thank you so much..

Hello,
Im living in usa legal.
My case number eu15***.
Just i changed the status as a aos.
But im wondering is that number big for aos?
Or am i should the change cp?
Whats your advise?
Also im living Miami.
Thank you so much..

A bit more information is needed to give any advice - what status are you on? Is your duration of stay due to end at any time during the next year and if so when?

Hi Mom,

Before I'm sending my AOS package (Yay!), I wanted to make sure which address to send it to:
On the USCIS website it says to send it to:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Yet, on the cover letter I used from the google sheet it says:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Which address should I write on the envelope?

Thank you so much!
N

Hi Mom,

Before I'm sending my AOS package (Yay!), I wanted to make sure which address to send it to:
On the USCIS website it says to send it to:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Yet, on the cover letter I used from the google sheet it says:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Which address should I write on the envelope?

Thank you so much!
N

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517