• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello,

I have a couple of questions:

1. I received the 2NL and on it it says "The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid". Do I still need to wait for the DV processing fee receipt before sending my package?
2. I am preparing the AOS package and I was wondering if I can write one check for the full amount of 1225.00 or 2 checks (one for 1140 and one for 85).

Thank you

1. You can send it with the email if you like or wait for the actual receipt.
2. One check per person for the full amount.

Just some quick questions about i-485 that I want to clarify so i dont mess it up .

1. Is an Alien Registration number my visa number. An 01 work visa is all I have so is the work visa number what they are referring to or some other number that not everyone might have and I can leave blank?

2. The next section asks for
15.Passport number
16. Travel document number
19.Non-Immigrant Vis Number
Is the travel document number my passport number? My NIV number ? Or something else ?

3. For 'Receipt number of underlining petition'...Would that be my Diversity visa number eg- 2019OC000XXX

Thank you again!

Just some quick questions about i-485 that I want to clarify so i dont mess it up .

1. Is an Alien Registration number my visa number. An 01 work visa is all I have so is the work visa number what they are referring to or some other number that not everyone might have and I can leave blank?

2. The next section asks for
15.Passport number
16. Travel document number
19.Non-Immigrant Vis Number
Is the travel document number my passport number? My NIV number ? Or something else ?

3. For 'Receipt number of underlining petition'...Would that be my Diversity visa number eg- 2019OC000XXX

Thank you again!

1. No, visa number is not the Alien # - leave the section blank.

2. Travel number is for someone who traveled to the US with some other form of travel document. Leave travel document number section blank since you’re providing your passport info in 15.

3. Receipt number of underlining petition and priority date are not applicable to DV based AOS.

1. No, visa number is not the Alien # - leave the section blank.

2. Travel number is for someone who traveled to the US with some other form of travel document. Leave travel document number section blank since you’re providing your passport info in 15.

3. Receipt number of underlining petition and priority date are not applicable to DV based AOS.
You’re the best! Thanks so much for your quick response :)

Hi Mom,
When I was submitting i485 I did not realize I had an option of applying for a work permit with AOS, because I am an F1 student. I am about to apply for an OPT, i have an employer and a position I am interested in, which will extend my stay here while I am waiting on DV AOS results. I know you probably don't specialize in student stuff, but I thought I would give it a shot and ask in a chance you might have had this situation before. Would there be a conflict of interests getting two work permits at the same time? One for OPT and one for AOS work permit. Cause opt allows to work for one employer only, but lets me stay in US, but the aos related permit does not grant the stay, but let's me work anywhere. (And I know those two are the same forms, not even sure if I can file two same forms at the same time). It sounds too good to be true to get the best of both worlds
Thank you for reading through that confusion, even if you won't have an answer.

Hi Mom

Quick questions about I-485 application pls:

1- question regardless receiving any assistance from the government is that mean past assistant or current assistant?

2- question part 2 number 2 says :

(Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?Yes No NOTE: If you answered "Yes" to Item Number 2., you must have selected a family-based, employment-based, special immigrant, or Diversity Visa immigrant category listed above in Item Numbers)

Do I indeed to say Yes or no to this question bc it’s mentioned th Dv in the note and full out the next question which is related to this question?

3- I’m applying for my wife as derivative applicant spouse so is there any special instructions when I fill out her application or it’s the same process ?

Thanks

Hi Mom,
When I was submitting i485 I did not realize I had an option of applying for a work permit with AOS, because I am an F1 student. I am about to apply for an OPT, i have an employer and a position I am interested in, which will extend my stay here while I am waiting on DV AOS results. I know you probably don't specialize in student stuff, but I thought I would give it a shot and ask in a chance you might have had this situation before. Would there be a conflict of interests getting two work permits at the same time? One for OPT and one for AOS work permit. Cause opt allows to work for one employer only, but lets me stay in US, but the aos related permit does not grant the stay, but let's me work anywhere. (And I know those two are the same forms, not even sure if I can file two same forms at the same time). It sounds too good to be true to get the best of both worlds
Thank you for reading through that confusion, even if you won't have an answer.

You can’t apply for two work permits at the same time. My recommendation is to go with OPT at this point. I typically recommend for people in similar situations to have OPT in place or at least have the petition already in the system prior to filing AOS as this provides a fall back status should the AOS petition get denied. Right now, if your AOS petition gets denied for any reason, you’ll no longer have a valid status to fall back on once your current status expires.

Hi Mom

Quick questions about I-485 application pls:

1- question regardless receiving any assistance from the government is that mean past assistant or current assistant?

2- question part 2 number 2 says :

(Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?Yes No NOTE: If you answered "Yes" to Item Number 2., you must have selected a family-based, employment-based, special immigrant, or Diversity Visa immigrant category listed above in Item Numbers)

Do I indeed to say Yes or no to this question bc it’s mentioned th Dv in the note and full out the next question which is related to this question?

3- I’m applying for my wife as derivative applicant spouse so is there any special instructions when I fill out her application or it’s the same process ?

Thanks

1. Both past and current.
2. Select “NO”. INA 245(I) relates to someone who is in the country illegally or is currently out of status and is filing AOS.
3. Same process.

You can’t apply for two work permits at the same time. My recommendation is to go with OPT at this point. I typically recommend for people in similar situations to have OPT in place or at least have the petition already in the system prior to filing AOS as this provides a fall back status should the AOS petition get denied. Right now, if your AOS petition gets denied for any reason, you’ll no longer have a valid status to fall back on once your current status expires.
Thank you so much! That makes sense.

Hi Mom and all,

KCC didn't mail my DV lottery processing fee receipt ($330.00) but emailed me the receipt because I forgot to mail the check with a self-addressed envelope. Would the emailed receipt be okay for an interview or should I request KCC to send it to my mailbox?

Thank you

Hi Mom and all,

KCC didn't mail my DV lottery processing fee receipt ($330.00) but emailed me the receipt because I forgot to mail the check with a self-addressed envelope. Would the emailed receipt be okay for an interview or should I request KCC to send it to my mailbox?

Thank you

Emailed copy is acceptable.

Hello,

I need some suggestions. I did my Bio on Jan 1, 2019 and still waiting for IL.

On February, USCIS FO sent me a mail say that I need to pay DV fee before the case can transfer to USCIS. However I paid that fee long time ago. So I did as Mon suggested I sent copied of receipt with a note to explain. I also contacted KCC to verify the payment and KCC respond on 12 March that the payment is received and the copy DV receipt is sent to email address on the case file. However, till now I'm still waiting for IL.

Today, I called USCIS call center. I was redirect to tier 2 officer. However, the officer told me that a mail that sent to me in February wasn't on the record and my current status is pending and don't require any document. She just suggested me to send DV receipt to USCIS local office (which I already did) and wait.

What should I do now? Should I wait?
My FO is Tampa FO and I look at the old timeline, other people took only 2-3 months before interview for this FO.

Hi there, my AOS package is ready to be submitted next month - just going through final checks. Just wanted to make sure in my case that the I-134 is not necessary. I have been fortunate to employed here in the US for 3.5 years now with a salary over $100k - I have included all tax returns, W2's, my 10 most recent paystubs, employment letters etc. Thanks for this final piece of advice.

Hi there, my AOS package is ready to be submitted next month - just going through final checks. Just wanted to make sure in my case that the I-134 is not necessary. I have been fortunate to employed here in the US for 3.5 years now with a salary over $100k - I have included all tax returns, W2's, my 10 most recent paystubs, employment letters etc. Thanks for this final piece of advice.

You should be fine without an I-134.

Hello,

I need some suggestions. I did my Bio on Jan 1, 2019 and still waiting for IL.

On February, USCIS FO sent me a mail say that I need to pay DV fee before the case can transfer to USCIS. However I paid that fee long time ago. So I did as Mon suggested I sent copied of receipt with a note to explain. I also contacted KCC to verify the payment and KCC respond on 12 March that the payment is received and the copy DV receipt is sent to email address on the case file. However, till now I'm still waiting for IL.

Today, I called USCIS call center. I was redirect to tier 2 officer. However, the officer told me that a mail that sent to me in February wasn't on the record and my current status is pending and don't require any document. She just suggested me to send DV receipt to USCIS local office (which I already did) and wait.

What should I do now? Should I wait?
My FO is Tampa FO and I look at the old timeline, other people took only 2-3 months before interview for this FO.

Are you able to book an INFOPASS appointment with your FO? Book one if you can and pay a visit to your FO.

In the interim send another copy of your DV payment receipt to your FO. Send it in with a tracker which can be used as evidence of your having sent it in.

Are you able to book an INFOPASS appointment with your FO? Book one if you can and pay a visit to your FO.

In the interim send another copy of your DV payment receipt to your FO. Send it in with a tracker which can be used as evidence of your having sent it in.

Thank you for your reply.
My FO don't accept INFOPASS appointment anymore :(
Do I have other option for this?

Okay, I will send another copy of DV payment receipt to FO.

Hello there,

I have a question regarding filling in the DS-260. I have applied for OPT which is still in process . In the last section of the DS 260 form, it asks whether I have applied for an SSN, if answered yes, it asks whether I have received it or not. In my OPT application I did apply for an SSN but I have not received it yet. I don't know how should I answer the question. Should I say 'no' to having received it? If I get it later on, is that considered filling in false information? Or is it better to say 'No' to the question asking if I have ever applied for an SSN?

Thank you in advance

Thank you for your reply.
My FO don't accept INFOPASS appointment anymore :(
Do I have other option for this?

Okay, I will send another copy of DV payment receipt to FO.

Contact your Congress person and request their assistance in following up with your case.

Hello there,

I have a question regarding filling in the DS-260. I have applied for OPT which is still in process . In the last section of the DS 260 form, it asks whether I have applied for an SSN, if answered yes, it asks whether I have received it or not. In my OPT application I did apply for an SSN but I have not received it yet. I don't know how should I answer the question. Should I say 'no' to having received it? If I get it later on, is that considered filling in false information? Or is it better to say 'No' to the question asking if I have ever applied for an SSN?

Thank you in advance

Answering ‘No’ will be an obvious lie, that’s something you never want to do when it comes to immigration. If you haven’t received it by the time you submit the DS260, indicate so