• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

Thank you for your response. Can you believe it? I just got my IL in the mail today, right after posting in the forum?!! The interview is scheduled for the next month. I just checked my online case status and it says that "New Card Is Being Produced" for my I-765 application. Are there a lot of people who get their EAD cards before the interview in the DV Lottery case?

Thank you

Congratulations on getting the IL. Yes, that’s the way the process is supposed to work (re the EAD card) - it is not tied to AOS interview, there’s no interview involved since it’s a mechanism intended to allow for authorized employment while AOS is pending.

Hi Mom,

I haven't received my biometrics appointment letter in the mailbox since I filed my case in February. My case number is OC4xx. However, yesterday I received the interview notice for May at the USCIS office. Essentially, I never got my biometrics done. Do I still need to contact USCIS to get my biometrics appointment or can I just go straight to the interview?

Hi Mom,

I haven't received my biometrics appointment letter in the mailbox since I filed my case in February. My case number is OC4xx. However, yesterday I received the interview notice for May at the USCIS office. Essentially, I never got my biometrics done. Do I still need to contact USCIS to get my biometrics appointment or can I just go straight to the interview?

Contact USCIS and let them know you’re yet to receive your bio letter. There will be no approval without a cleared background check, background check can’t happen without a bio appointment.

Did you contact USCIS like I recommended back on Mar. 19th?

D/S - means Duration if Stay which is normal for someone on on student visa - so your expiration date is ‘D/S’.

I provided you with information on how to address the non-issued I-94.
Thank you so much for your responses. I really appreciate. I am so sorry, if I am repeating the same question. I just wanted to make sure that I am doing everything right. Thanks!

Contact USCIS and let them know you’re yet to receive your bio letter. There will be no approval without a cleared background check, background check can’t happen without a bio appointment.

Did you contact USCIS like I recommended back on Mar. 19th?

Yes, I contacted them but all they said was that they would file a report to say I haven't received the biometrics appointment letter yet and that it may take up to 30 days for a response... Not very useful customer service. Is there a way to directly inquire about my case with them?

Yes, I contacted them but all they said was that they would file a report to say I haven't received the biometrics appointment letter yet and that it may take up to 30 days for a response... Not very useful customer service. Is there a way to directly inquire about my case with them?

Contact them again, there’s no other way to directly reach your FO (short of going on an INFOPASS -assuming you’re able to schedule one). If you’re not happy with the response from the first line rep, you can request to speak with her tier 2 officer.

Hey there....I having issues obtaining my receipt from DOS. My cashiers check was cashed 6 weeks ago. I have tried to call DOS who told me that they don't take payments. I referred the representative to the instructions and he advised that was incorrect and advised me to contact USICS. Ive contacted USISC who told me to contact KCC to obtain a receipt. KCC advised me it's the DOS. As a last resort I'm hoping someone has call and obtained an online receipt. If anyone has the correct contact number, that would be awesome. In becoming frustrated!!! Thanks Andrew

Hey there....I having issues obtaining my receipt from DOS. My cashiers check was cashed 6 weeks ago. I have tried to call DOS who told me that they don't take payments. I referred the representative to the instructions and he advised that was incorrect and advised me to contact USICS. Ive contacted USISC who told me to contact KCC to obtain a receipt. KCC advised me it's the DOS. As a last resort I'm hoping someone has call and obtained an online receipt. If anyone has the correct contact number, that would be awesome. In becoming frustrated!!! Thanks Andrew

Are you talking about the $330 DV Administrative Fee? If yes, email KCC (NOT call) and request they email you a copy of your payment receipt.

Hello Mom,
I got an Iranian guy who is a permanent resident with a large car dealership company(he is financially okay) willing to file an affidavit of support for me. Do you have any idea if him being from Iran might prolong the process?

Hi Mom,
I am about to file my AOS package, but I am struggling with the financial documantation. I know that I485 instruction mention there is no need financial evidence for DV applicants however it is recommended by experts like you and experts of this forum.

In my case I dont have anybody who comes into my mind to fill out he affidavit of support form I131.

However I can provide bank statement of around 14K and a rental agreement from my home country where my apaprtment is rented by monthly basis till 2021.

In your opinion should I attach them both to my application or just send it without financial evidence?
If I can get a job offer letter, might it be useful to send?

Thank you in advance

Hello Mom,
I got an Iranian guy who is a permanent resident with a large car dealership company(he is financially okay) willing to file an affidavit of support for me. Do you have any idea if him being from Iran might prolong the process?

That shouldn’t prolong the process.

Hi Mom,
I am about to file my AOS package, but I am struggling with the financial documantation. I know that I485 instruction mention there is no need financial evidence for DV applicants however it is recommended by experts like you and experts of this forum.

In my case I dont have anybody who comes into my mind to fill out he affidavit of support form I131.

However I can provide bank statement of around 14K and a rental agreement from my home country where my apaprtment is rented by monthly basis till 2021.

In your opinion should I attach them both to my application or just send it without financial evidence?
If I can get a job offer letter, might it be useful to send?

Thank you in advance

1. You can include the bank statements and hope your IO will not ask for an I-134. The rental income isn’t likely to be considered since that is outside the US - it’s not readily available.

2. Yes.

Thank you
I am sorry Mom. One more question regarding this.
If I dont include an I134 into my AOS packet,
Is there a chance my package will be denied becuase of lack of it?
Or they send me an RFE?
Or this is something that the officer could ask for at the interview?
If so and meanwhile I can get someone to fill it out and bring it to the interview with me and show it. Would that be sufficient?

I am sorry Mom. One more question regarding this.
If I dont include an I134 into my AOS packet,
Is there a chance my package will be denied becuase of lack of it?
Or they send me an RFE?
Or this is something that the officer could ask for at the interview?
If so and meanwhile I can get someone to fill it out and bring it to the interview with me and show it. Would that be sufficient?

AOS petition will not automatically get denied. Your IO will give you an opportunity to present it, if they think you need one.

Just wanted to check- as far as any of the documents needed ( birth certificate, high school diploma etc) Are photo copies ok or do any of them have to be the exact original document.
Thankyou!

Just wanted to check- as far as any of the documents needed ( birth certificate, high school diploma etc) Are photo copies ok or do any of them have to be the exact original document.
Thankyou!

Copies. Any (original) document you submit will not be returned.

Hello,

I have a couple of questions:

1. I received the 2NL and on it it says "The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid". Do I still need to wait for the DV processing fee receipt before sending my package?
2. I am preparing the AOS package and I was wondering if I can write one check for the full amount of 1225.00 or 2 checks (one for 1140 and one for 85).

Thank you