• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Okay great thank you. Im currently on F1-OPT from college so if I've already submitted my DS-260 can I travel to Australia and back again for Christmas? Or should I wait until I get my Green Card?

Admission or re-admission into the US is not guaranteed to anyone except a USC. Admission or re-admission is always at the sole discretion of US boarder patrol. So that’s a call you’ll have to make on your own.

Update the state of my case.

I mailed KCC and told them the issue. They want me to pay the AOS fee first, and once they receive notice that I have paid the AOS fee, they will contact me to confirm that your DS-260 has been unlocked/case status has been updated.
So, I paid the fee and wait for 2 weeks to get the receipt. At the same time, I get the mail from KCC in which the 2NL is attached, but I still can't access DS-260.

So contact KCC.

Hi mom:

I have already received the 2019AS2XXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter from KCC. Should I continually contact KCC to update the DS-260? Or I should focus on the further documents, such as i485?
Did you read the spreadsheet linked in the first post of this thread yet?

Hi mom:

I have already received the 2019AS2XXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter from KCC. Should I continually contact KCC to update the DS-260? Or I should focus on the further documents, such as i485?

It depends on how erroneous the information you’re trying to correct is. If it’s a minor error, updating the form might not be worth it, and simply focus on providing very accurate information in your AOS package. If it is something significant, then you probably want to correct it. You don’t want to leave anything on the DS260 form that could be used against you years down the road when you apply for citizenship. So your call on what to do.

It depends on how erroneous the information you’re trying to correct is. If it’s a minor error, updating the form might not be worth it, and simply focus on providing very accurate information in your AOS package. If it is something significant, then you probably want to correct it. You don’t want to leave anything on the DS260 form that could be used against you years down the road when you apply for citizenship. So your call on what to do.

Mom, thanks for the reply! It's a minor error, a letter translate error, on my father's name. I will correct it in AOS package.

HI Mom,
I have submitted my DS-260 and got 2NL within two days. However, I have not filled out DS-260 for my husband since he is not eligible for adjustment. In this case do you think it is ok not to fill out for him?

HI Mom,
I have submitted my DS-260 and got 2NL within two days. However, I have not filled out DS-260 for my husband since he is not eligible for adjustment. In this case do you think it is ok not to fill out for him?

Not submitting a separate DS260 for your husband is the normal process if he is not benefiting from your DV selection as your derivative. You just need to make sure he’s listed on all your forms, DS260 and AOS package, as your spouse. And I hope he was included in your eDV registration back in 2017 unless you were single back then.

Not submitting a separate DS260 for your husband is the normal process if he is not benefiting from your DV selection as your derivative. You just need to make sure he’s listed on all your forms, DS260 and AOS package, as your spouse. And I hope he was included in your eDV registration back in 2017 unless you were single back then.
Thank you Mom for your response. Yes, I included both my husband in DS-260 and my 4month child (USC). And, I included my husband in my eDV registration back in 2017.

Hi,
I am from Nepal and our country recently changed to the federal system. Before we used to have Zones but now we have State/Provinces. In most of my documents, I have my address according to the old system and I also put addresses accordingly in my DS260 form. But in my recent documents addresses are according to the new federal system. So I got state name instead of zone name in my address.

1. Is it going to make any difference?
2. Do I need to unlock my DS260 and change my addresses according to the new federal system?
3. Do I need to submit any documents to prove that both addresses are same?

Thanks. Have a great day.

Hi,
I am from Nepal and our country recently changed to the federal system. Before we used to have Zones but now we have State/Provinces. In most of my documents, I have my address according to the old system and I also put addresses accordingly in my DS260 form. But in my recent documents addresses are according to the new federal system. So I got state name instead of zone name in my address.

1. Is it going to make any difference?
2. Do I need to unlock my DS260 and change my addresses according to the new federal system?
3. Do I need to submit any documents to prove that both addresses are same?

Thanks. Have a great day.

1. It shouldn’t.
2. Your call.
3. No.

Hello

I'm currently on an E3 dependant visa and have a Work Authorisation Card that is current until feb 2020. Once I submit my i -485 do I need to apply for a new WAC or will I still be able to work on my current card?

Cheers
Andrew

Hello

I'm currently on an E3 dependant visa and have a Work Authorisation Card that is current until feb 2020. Once I submit my i -485 do I need to apply for a new WAC or will I still be able to work on my current card?

Cheers
Andrew

You don’t nead to apply for a new EAD.

Hi Mom,

I have all my documents translated by a local translator back in my country (Syria) and then I have attested all my documents from the required authorities (such as ministry of foreign affairs) in my country where they usually clip the original document with the English translation document and then they stamp and attest on both parts (so the half of the stamp is on the original document and the other half of the stamp is on the english translation.

Does the USCIS accept translations if it is done in my country (especially with the current political situation back there) or do I have to translate everything from an a U.S based translation agency that is certified and accepted by the USCIS since i am doing AOS ?

Thanks

Thanks!

Hi Mom,

I have all my documents translated by a local translator back in my country (Syria) and then I have attested all my documents from the required authorities (such as ministry of foreign affairs) in my country where they usually clip the original document with the English translation document and then they stamp and attest on both parts (so the half of the stamp is on the original document and the other half of the stamp is on the english translation.

Does the USCIS accept translations if it is done in my country (especially with the current political situation back there) or do I have to translate everything from an a U.S based translation agency that is certified and accepted by the USCIS since i am doing AOS ?

Thanks

Thanks!

It is acceptable.

Hello,

First, I would like to wish everyone good luck on this journey! It's pretty exciting!!!!
Also, I would like to know whether I should be using an old A-Number, that I acquired when I got my EAD card related to my OPT status back in 2008, on my I-485 form.
Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

JP

Hello,

First, I would like to wish everyone good luck on this journey! It's pretty exciting!!!!
Also, I would like to know whether I should be using an old A-Number, that I acquired when I got my EAD card related to my OPT status back in 2008, on my I-485 form.
Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

JP

Yes list that A# on your I-485 and any other applicable form.

Dear Mom,
My name is Olga. I'd appreciate your opinion and advice on how to be.

Below is our situation:
May, 15th, 2018 - approximately 11 p.m., we found out that my husband had been selected. Case number is 2019EU000086xx. I believe our case will become current in November
May, 16th, 2018 (the very next day) - we had an interview in American Embassy in Ukraine, where my husband has got his L1 visa, and I've got L-2. We didn't tell the Immigration Officer about our winning, because she didn't ask about it and we were afraid that our L-visa might be denied, while we had some obligation to my husband's supervisor and company.
June, 16th, 2018 - we arrived in the USA
July, 13d, 2018 - we submitted DS-260 choosing Adjustment of Status. We weren't aware of the necessity to wait for at least 30-60 days before doing it, and submitted it in only 27 days.

Also we still didn't receive our 2NL despite the fact that we had written them about it.

So our questions are:
1) Can our situation come across as the preconceived intent?
2) What exact date is considered by USCIS as "time of winning"? Is this the date when the results have been published? or may it be the date when you actually logged in the system and found out your results?
3) Can USCIS IO know for sure the exact day when someone found out his or her results?

p.s. I'm very sorry if you've already answered some of my questions. I did learn your DV-AOS Excel Spreadsheet, but I still very slow in reading and learning the whole 2018-topic. Passed only 25 pages out of 212.

Thank you!