• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

Emailing KCC to unlock the DS260 form and emailing required documents are two separate issues, independent of each other.

If you need to update your DS260 form, contact KCC and request they unlock your form. It doesn’t stop you from sending in the documents they’ve requested for.
@Sm1smom when I email KCC to unlock DS260, after they unlock it will I be able to make the changes I need myself? Or I still need to let KCC know which changes I need to get done so they can do it on my behalf?

@Sm1smom when I email KCC to unlock DS260, after they unlock it will I be able to make the changes I need myself? Or I still need to let KCC know which changes I need to get done so they can do it on my behalf?

The reason for asking KCC to unlock the form is to enable you make whatever changes you need to make yourself. KCC will not update the form for you.

What will be my port of entry if I get into USA through Chicagos ORD Airport and with Minneapolis Airport as my last destination

You answered your own question, you enter through Chicago so that is your "entry" port

Hi!

I’ve already had my interview and the consular officer said that our GC was approved. It’s been a week since then, and our status still says “Ready”, but we haven’t received any other information from the shipping process. I’ve also visited the website where I had registered the interview and I found this information:

“Request history
This applicant has not made any requests

Follow-up Action History
This applicant has no 221g history”
What does it mean?

Thanks

Hi,

I've got 2019EU27xxx, and I submitted DS-260 in May last year, when I log in it says IV Application completed. They reached my number this month since its current in the VB. But:

1. I haven't received an e-mail with an interview date. Should I email them?
2. I marked to have my interview in Spain, which is what I want and where I am. I also filled the permanent address where I intend to live after arrival in the U.S. and answered that I want my Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) mailed there (to the U.S. address). I think I made a mistake. I want it mailed to Spain, right? How do I change this?
3. Didn't fill Social Media platforms, although I've used them. Should I worry? Email the KCC?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I've got 2019EU27xxx, and I submitted DS-260 in May last year, when I log in it says IV Application completed. They reached my number this month since its current in the VB. But:

1. I haven't received an e-mail with an interview date. Should I email them?
2. I marked to have my interview in Spain, which is what I want and where I am. I also filled the permanent address where I intend to live after arrival in the U.S. and answered that I want my Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) mailed there (to the U.S. address). I think I made a mistake. I want it mailed to Spain, right? How do I change this?
3. Didn't fill Social Media platforms, although I've used them. Should I worry? Email the KCC?

Thanks

1. If you have not been asked for (or submitted) the documents to KCC you won't get an interview scheduled. I sugest you contact KCC by phone to discuss this - there may be confusion about whether you are performing CP or AOS.
2. Discuss it when you call them.
3. No need to worry. If you were to unlock the form and make changes now, then you would need to answer the new questions.

Call KCC ASAP.

Hi,

2. .... I also filled the permanent address where I intend to live after arrival in the U.S. and answered that I want my Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) mailed there (to the U.S. address). I think I made a mistake. I want it mailed to Spain, right? How do I change this?

Thanks

No, you didn’t make a mistake. The permanent resident card will only be mailed to an address inside the US.

I m DV winning 2019,CN 31×××, i sent my DS-260 since july 2018 whict received email from kcc that my D's 260 was received, in may 2019,I received an email from kcc asking me to sent all required documents to then and completed that the 13 of may 2019,I again received my reply that they received all my valid documents sent and they are processing my documents to the embassy which my Visa will be given for interview, since last month may to now I have not received any email with my interview letter,Can you advice when you think I will got my interview letter my case number is in this month June on the VB?

1. If you have not been asked for (or submitted) the documents to KCC you won't get an interview scheduled. I sugest you contact KCC by phone to discuss this - there may be confusion about whether you are performing CP or AOS.
2. Discuss it when you call them.
3. No need to worry. If you were to unlock the form and make changes now, then you would need to answer the new questions.

Call KCC ASAP.

Thanks, I sent them an email a few days ago and they replied that it's still processing. And SusieQQQ says the permanent resident card is only mailed inside the US.

Thanks, I sent them an email a few days ago and they replied that it's still processing. And SusieQQQ says the permanent resident card is only mailed inside the US.

I think you are still slightly confused. My main concern is that it should be clear to KCC that you are processing CP (in Spain, as opposed to in the USA). They have to ask you for some documents and you have to send them. That all needs to happen within the next three weeks, and only IF that happens you can be interviewed. Which means you will only be interviewed in September, the last month of the year. There is little time for misunderstandings.

Thanks for responding. So that means the first time you enter the US you don't have the permanent resident card with you?
No, you enter with an immigrant visa. You only become a permanent resident, and get a plastic green card, once you have entered with that visa.

Dear Simon,

With regards to the birth certificate, I was born in a different country than my country of nationality and I got selected for the DV lottery based on birth over there. I have got information that embassy sometimes asks for the birth certificate from the place of birth which I have tried a lot to get it but unfortunately I couldn't. But I have a birth certificate issued from my country of nationality which shows clearly that I was born in that different country. I have read on the USCIS website that I can provide an Affidavit of birth if in case I cannot get the birth certificate from the place of birth, therefore I would like to ask for a guidance on how to prepare it and the template to be filled up.

I do appreciate you support on this matter.

Regards,
Joe

Dear Simon,

With regards to the birth certificate, I was born in a different country than my country of nationality and I got selected for the DV lottery based on birth over there. I have got information that embassy sometimes asks for the birth certificate from the place of birth which I have tried a lot to get it but unfortunately I couldn't. But I have a birth certificate issued from my country of nationality which shows clearly that I was born in that different country. I have read on the USCIS website that I can provide an Affidavit of birth if in case I cannot get the birth certificate from the place of birth, therefore I would like to ask for a guidance on how to prepare it and the template to be filled up.

I do appreciate you support on this matter.

Regards,
Joe

What countries are we talking about?