• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

Mr. Britsimon and Sm1 smom thank you very much for your swift response ,
My understanding the followings :
1- selecting “NO” to question “Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience " is not a problem and that will not make any different
2- Selecting NO for the skilled and unskilled workers is acceptable .
3-No need to unlock my DS260 .?
waiting for your confirmation , thank you in advance .

You already have proof you finished high school do you not? You will qualify through that anyway.
thank you Bob22,
YES I do have Secondary Education Certificate( Completing 12 years) ,and I have University Degree also in the Engineering.
Just I want to make sure that no need to unlock my DS260 to amend any of my responses.

Dear Mr. Britsimon and Sm1smom
We need your help to clarify the Works/ Education Sections
In The Present Work/ Education/ Training Information Section, I filled the information of my current employer.

The next section “Previous Work/ Education/ Training Information” is asking to provide the information of all our employers from the last ten years starting with the most recent employer, my understanding that this section is asking for the information of the previous employers only, but NOT for the current employer, Am I right?
Thank you for your continued help.

Dear Mr. Britsimon and Sm1smom
We need your help to clarify the Works/ Education Sections
In The Present Work/ Education/ Training Information Section, I filled the information of my current employer.

The next section “Previous Work/ Education/ Training Information” is asking to provide the information of all our employers from the last ten years starting with the most recent employer, my understanding that this section is asking for the information of the previous employers only, but NOT for the current employer, Am I right?
Thank you for your continued help.

Yes that is correct.

Dear Mr. Britsimon and Sm1smom ,
In order to allow us to practice the Engineering Services in my home country, every Engineer is required to be registered and have a valid membership in the Engineers Society/Association of my home country, my question is

What should be the answer to this question? "Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? Y /N
I am really appreciating your continued help by answering all our previous questions .

Dear Mr. Britsimon and Sm1smom ,
In order to allow us to practice the Engineering Services in my home country, every Engineer is required to be registered and have a valid membership in the Engineers Society/Association of my home country, my question is

What should be the answer to this question? "Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? Y /N
I am really appreciating your continued help by answering all our previous questions .

This should be a “Yes” response from you, right? The answer is so obvious - you are a member of a professional organization.

Dear Mr. Britsimon and Sm1 smom ,
My understanding that NO need to unlock my DS 260, is that what you want to say ?
Thank you very much.

You are overthinking things, relax and stop second guessing yourself. The truth is answering “yes” or “no” to that question makes absolutely no difference to the process. Simon already said no need to unlock. Even if you picked the wrong answer to that question, it’s still not enough to warrant an unlock.

You are overthinking things, relax and stop second guessing yourself. The truth is answering “yes” or “no” to that question makes absolutely no difference to the process. Simon already said no need to unlock. Even if you picked the wrong answer to that question, it’s still not enough to warrant an unlock.
HI Mom and Britsimon,
Thank you ever so much for your patience and understanding in this time ,
Are You referring to the below TWO Questions?
1- Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?
2- Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?
Thank you again for all the responses of support and your continued understanding .

HI Mom and Britsimon,
Thank you ever so much for your patience and understanding in this time ,
Are You referring to the below TWO Questions?
1- Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?
2- Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?
Thank you again for all the responses of support and your continued understanding .

Yes.

Thank you very much MOM , I am really appreciating your efforts,
Another question please,
Can I still have the chance to present my documentary proof of work experience to the CO at the time of the visa interview? (As a backup route)

Thank you very much MOM , I am really appreciating your efforts,
Another question please,
Can I still have the chance to present my documentary proof of work experience to the CO at the time of the visa interview? (As a backup route)

Yes you can take that to the interview. They most likely wouldn’t ask for such proof if you meet the educational requirements.

Just be aware, when dealing with IOs, it is never a good idea to provide or present unsolicited information - it tends to create more problems in the long run.

Yes you can take that to the interview. They most likely wouldn’t ask for such proof if you meet the educational requirements.

Just be aware, when dealing with IOs, it is never a good idea to provide or present unsolicited information - it tends to create more problems in the long run.
Thank you very much MOM,

In my Home Country the Education as follows
  • 6 years primary
  • 3 years intermediate
  • 3 years secondary
My question is
When providing the information of the educational institutes is it required to consider the intermediate school in this case?

Thank you very much MOM,

In my Home Country the Education as follows
  • 6 years primary
  • 3 years intermediate
  • 3 years secondary
My question is
When providing the information of the educational institutes is it required to consider the intermediate school in this case?

Yes, you should provide that information on your DS260 form. And you’re going down the over analyzing route again by the way.

Yes, you should provide that information on your DS260 form. And you’re going down the over analyzing route again by the way.
Thank you MOM,
I cant understand what you mean by
"And you’re going down the over analyzing route again by the way " Would you please explain it to me in another way.
THANK YOU

is it required also to present the Intermediate Education Certificate during the visa interview or just the Secondary Education Certificate
THANK YOU

HS Diploma aka Secondary School Certificate.
thank you MOM,
Noted , They want to see the Secondary School Certificate only .
Really I cant understand what you mean by
"And you’re going down the over analyzing route again by the way " Would you please explain it to me in another way.
THANK YOU