• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2018 "The information entered is not valid"

What do you mean your "numbers still came up"?
He probably just means when he punched in his entry confirmation number each year for the past few years, he did not get any error message but instead a confirmation each time that he was not selected - to indicate that an old photograph could not be the issue as assumed by some earlier on.

Last edited:
I was finally able to check - not selected. I have to say, I didn't mind the glitch because it gave me hope for a few extra days, it was a fun thrill. I've played since 2004. Maybe next year...

Getting difficult each yeah and year , entries are increasing, technology is more sophisticated
Pure luck is the lottery

Last edited:
He probably just means when he punched in his entry confirmation number each year for the past few years, he did not get any error message but instead a confirmation each time that he was not selected - to indicate that an old photograph could not be the issue as assumed by some earlier on.

Well as we know all that means is that he submitted an entry that wasn't successful. The assumption that the computer will stop an entry for a disqualifying factor or that it will indicate anything for a non-winner other than "not selected" is totally erroneous.

Well as we know all that means is that he submitted an entry that wasn't successful. The assumption that the computer will stop an entry for a disqualifying factor or that it will indicate anything for a non-winner other than "not selected" is totally erroneous.

Exactly my thoughts.

Some people here noticed that there are cases where both spouses/siblings have been selected in this lottery. That's OK. Miracle happens all the time.
The fact that the clumsy IT staff is unable to carry out a smooth yearly draw, makes these miracles suspicious enough to get stuck and make a connection with the unavailabe entries.

Some people here noticed that there are cases where both spouses/siblings have been selected in this lottery. That's OK. Miracle happens all the time.
The fact that the clumsy IT staff is unable to carry out a smooth yearly draw, makes these miracles suspicious enough to get stuck and make a connection with the unavailabe entries.

Really? I haven't seen anyone say that. I have seen cases where only one spouse got selected despite both entering, of course. Care to point us to such claims?

Really? I haven't seen anyone say that. I have seen cases where only one spouse got selected despite both entering, of course. Care to point us to such claims?

Someone has made a similar claim on my blog - and not OC region where that happens. They mentioned 3 cases, which would be nuts. I challenged for details.

Sorry, I can't back these claims. These are around here on this forum and on other blog.

I really don't want to support false beliefs, please ignore (or delete) my previous comment.

I do not know about this year, however in 2012 both me and my wife won on the first draw, and that obviously because we both submitted our applications on the same day :)

Still getting the same error message. I'm in OC... not sure if that matters, but i'm entering my entry and my Wife's... to no avail