• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2018 "The information entered is not valid"

I have applied 4 years in a row and I have NEVER gotten this message which is why I am having a mini panic attack. It's showing the same error for all three numbers.

And KCC..

KCC only address issues related to selected cases and even then, the response is mostly generic. As you should have seen by now, you're not the only one facing this issue. All you can do for now is to remain patient and stop freaking out!

I have finally decided to check my numbers.
I have three of them from family members and I am just getting this over and over for all three numbers:

The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

Do I contact them or what?? I don't know what to do
I guess.. contact KCC? or Department of States? ...I bet they have a series of meetings this morning. Hopefully everything goes well. Bless all.

Some points worth reading here:
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2018-information-entered-not-valid-update-1/

Can't believe their IT folks have screwed this up again.

It feels like they lost access to a "section" of entries (but have them in the system somewhere). Based on what we know before (from testimony given at the DV2012 hearings) - it is possible they are unable to connect to a separate group of entries (stored on one drive) whilst other drives are functioning. Just a guess though.

@Britsimon
I second the lost access to a section of entries probability.
2 of my friends applied the same day , on 8 October 2016, with intervals of 5 minutes and are receiving this error.
1 Applied on November 6, 2016. The result came directly : Not Selected.

Definitely not the same case as session timed out like last year.

Brit, i have 3 questions, could you please answer them? THANKS!

1- I used same photo in DV 2017 and DV 2018, is this a fact if i get selected that i get disqualified?
2- I got married this year in february, if i win, can my husband win too?
3- Do you think this year will be a DV-2019? or trump will close the program?

Thank you!! -

Brit, i have 3 questions, could you please answer them? THANKS!

1- I used same photo in DV 2017 and DV 2018, is this a fact if i get selected that i get disqualified?
2- I got married this year in february, if i win, can my husband win too?
3- Do you think this year will be a DV-2019? or trump will close the program?

Thank you!! -

1. That is what the instructions said. We have not seen the reality yet. I am seriously shocked at the number of people that used old photos.
2. Yes
3. DV2019 will go ahead.

Why do people use old pictures when it is specifically written that it will lead to disqualification? Why?
I just don't get it

1. That is what the instructions said. We have not seen the reality yet. I am seriously shocked at the number of people that used old photos.
2. Yes
3. DV2019 will go ahead.

I seriously didn't realized that they could check on DV 2017 Photo!!! such stupid :( never again :(

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME AND ANSWER :)

That is what the instructions said. We have not seen the reality yet. I am seriously shocked at the number of people that used old photos.

Not to be overly cynical, but why shocked? Every year we see numerous people who didn't follow the instructions in some way, no matter how clearly they were laid out...

I seriously didn't realized that they could check on DV 2017 Photo!!! such stupid :( never again :(

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME AND ANSWER :)

If you are selected please let us know, because our current working theory is that the photo software picks up all these cases and they are disqualified before selection.

Some points worth reading here:
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2018-information-entered-not-valid-update-1/

Can't believe their IT folks have screwed this up again.

It feels like they lost access to a "section" of entries (but have them in the system somewhere). Based on what we know before (from testimony given at the DV2012 hearings) - it is possible they are unable to connect to a separate group of entries (stored on one drive) whilst other drives are functioning. Just a guess though.
well hopefully the group of ppl in the other HD, if it's the case, did not lose their chance to be selected...

Not to be overly cynical, but why shocked? Every year we see numerous people who didn't follow the instructions in some way, no matter how clearly they were laid out...

I know "some" people don't read anything - but there are LOTS of people that don't read the instructions. It's the scale of it that shocks me - but yeah - I should know better.